Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
  • You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
  • Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

We found that with this change it was important to make skillbinds specific to your weapon set. You can now have an entirely different set of skills bound to your main set of weapons and your second set of weapons.

Don't read whole thread, but how about physical spells?
They do not require any weapons, but still have benefits from stat sticks.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Dec 3, 2018, 7:44:48 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Unique items that dramatically affected diversity in an item slot would be addressed, either by nerfing excessive power, or by looking at what else was available in that item slot.

I can't think of many items that fit this bill, can someone enlighten me?

In addition to the ones everyone is mentioning, maybe Chin Sol? (hopefully not)
Dual stat sticks still ok for spell casters.

Melee was the problem????

As usual I am sooo confused.
Oof I think this puts dual wielding pretty hardcore behind everything else. I think fixing shaper items would have been much more appropriate.

The cost of entry to do a dual wield build just got a lot higher. You needed ONE 400 PDPS item before for it to be really good. Now you need TWO and it still wont be near as good as it was with stat sticks.

This is over kill. Which is pretty much par for the course, I suppose.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Unique items that dramatically affected diversity in an item slot would be addressed, either by nerfing excessive power, or by looking at what else was available in that item slot.

Well this refers to Headhunter, Zerphi's, Yoke of Suffering, a metric shit ton of Unique jewels, Poet's Pen, and Inpulsa's.

Looks like every single one of those is getting the nerf bat.
"
talichan wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

sounds like ie loreweave to me

I'll agree with that. I'm thinking Loreweave and Tombfist. Kaom's Heart is higher, but that only seems to be on a handful of builds this late (Elemental Hit, RF).
"
BONESPURR wrote:
Dual stat sticks still ok for spell casters.

Melee was the problem????

As usual I am sooo confused.

they don't play the game, instead of fixing broken shaper mods they just give melees the middlefinger
Just like every patch, GGG manages to find a way to make the meta even worse.
gc mines continues on un-nerfed :P
chris is enjoying the "expected" drama :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info