Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

who is this

HEAD COMMUNITY?

^^
Last edited by voodoov on Dec 3, 2018, 7:30:20 PM
You are going to see an influx of 2Hand build over dual wielding. Least this league.
I'm all up for reducing power creep and making Dual Wield feeling distinct. But I hope there's at least some buffs/changes to melee movement skills to make mapping with 2H builds feel fluid. I'd be down with them being the same speed if Leap Slam & Whirling Blades felt as smooth as Shield Slam & +Movement Speed Fasks/Tailwind.
WTF i don't want brands on my Heiro , -1 totem and forced new brand mechanics?
3% more damage instead of one more totem? is this a joke?!
Interesting, thank you!

I'm looking forward to see the patchnotes and changes for ice nova, one of the skills that I've always loved but for a long time had a hard time making "viable".

Keeping my fingers crossed!
lmao statstick and notabletouseskillswithinvalidoffhand is retarded.
all those statstick 10 mirrors build cuck'd hard xd
kill melees, buff the already incredibly strong trap/totem builds and dont bother touching selfcast.
zzz
"
Ashriel wrote:
Mostly looks good, but the whole Archetypes bit kind of goes against the whole philosophy of Path of Exile's game design, I feel. Adding skill-specific modifiers, especially to Ascendancies, feels much more limiting than it does expanding with new options. I want to make a spellzerker. I want to go chaos, poison DoT inquisitor, and make it work. That does not seem like the road being gone down any more.

It kinda feels like the way it's always been. Like when golems were added to the game, their functionality was mainly for their buffs, but one or two patches later there were golem only builds, and nowadays almost all summoner builds use them for their buffs, sometimes multiples of them...

With the scale of the tree, ascendancies and possible items combinations, it'd be a madman's job to try to create content for everything in the game. This method of creating possibility for new builds and then watching how the meta reacts to it makes sure that new stuff is always around, but also makes sure that there is always new things that can be used by players.

For example, the Selfcasting Cold Skill user archetype they tried to create in this patch could (probably won't because everyone loves their fire so much but could) lead to new ice only elemental hit builds: most of the new buffs aimed at a desired new build can still be used in hundreds of ways with different builds, it's just that they weren't specifically designed.

GMP becoming a powerful tool for spellcasters, chieftain accidentally becoming a nice (just not as nice as jugg =/) RF ascendancy, BV accidentally synergizing crazy well with all heralds when their original intention was for every build to use one of them, the history of discovered builds in PoE has always been a history of the developers thinking of a new skill/item/ascendancy/synergy and the community finding different ways to put them to use.
Rest in RIP almost every melee build

In loving memory of:

Blade Flurry
Reave
Sunder
Tectonic Slam
Smite
Double Strike
Ice Crash
Ground Slam
Consecrated Path
Lacerate

And always remember, It's NERF or nothing.
inplusa will be nerfed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info