Skill Rework - Arctic Breath

This is Cold Spell Caustic Arrow basically
Wait a minute, does this mean Nuro's Harp CoC Arctic Breath mixed with the Bonechill gem will be the first truly viable Nuro's harp build?

The chilled ground will have increased effectiveness due to Nuro's Harp which will increased the damage taken from cold and the dot from AB as well.
So basically you got vortex, cold snap and now this that kind of functions the same way.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Dot fire scaling nodes just like cold nice one.

For a while i belive it will be mirage caster :(
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Nov 30, 2018, 7:44:20 PM
How Bonechill Support Gem interact with Winterweave and Unstoppable-like effects?
Is the gem damage boost effect proportional to negative or absolute value of slowness applied by chill?
Last edited by g64 on Nov 30, 2018, 7:39:45 PM
I don't think that all this mess of changes matches just for a reworked skill, so I'm guessing that other reworked cold skills will have similar mechanics. I like it, I really like it (more the changes to passive tree and item mods than the skill itself, but it's also a nice rework).

Non-ailment damage over time multiplier... it means Arctic breath, Cold Snap, Vortex, Blight, Essence Drain, Contagion, maybe Decay Support? Am I missing something? Strictly speaking, the wording is correct, all these effects are non-ailment damage over time sources. But, even if it's syntactically correct, it will be confusing for most players, specially newcomers that aren't used to your wording.

About the skill itself, will damage conversion affect the damage from the chilled ground, or just the hit?
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
I can't really see why this AND Cold Snap (AND presumably the reworked Vortex as well) exist in the same game. They all seem to work very similarly...Anyway, I like the new Bonechill support. I DON'T like this new addition of Cold Damage over time Multiplier.
It looks amazing!
"
Exile009 wrote:
I can't really see why this AND Cold Snap (AND presumably the reworked Vortex as well) exist in the same game. They all seem to work very similarly...Anyway, I like the new Bonechill support. I DON'T like this new addition of Cold Damage over time Multiplier.

For the same reason we have 3 single cold-based projectile spells that pierce: ice spear, freezing pulse and frostbolt. Two of them even have identical jewel threshold! When it comes to cold skills, their creativity freezes xD

Let's hope that the rest of reworks make me wrong...

If they're going to make half cold builds DoT, it's fair that they add something like Cold Damage Over Time Multiplier. After all, fire already have something similar, it's called "increased burning damage".
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
Last edited by Lykkoith on Nov 30, 2018, 8:01:05 PM
Kudos for using Sire of Shards in the video! Since the announcement of the cold skill rework I had been considering trying to revive my old Sire char, this just pushes me closer to doing it. Is it Dec. 7th yet? :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info