Skill Rework - Arctic Breath

"
Why is everyone acting like AoE overlap/shotgunning is a new mechanic. It was on the skill before and it's the same as fireball. It's not new.

your mistaking the ability for aoe's to overlap with the fact this is directly groundtargeted, fireball doesn't work like this if you click like 3ft infront of your character the fireball keeps going until it expires or it hits something, this explodes 3ft infront of you.

Its more like a ground targeted aoe that happens to have a projectile tbh, its functionally identical to new caustic arrow.
Nice effects
Nice...yeah all those ice spike geometry that it laid always seemed unnecessary concerning performance. Maybe I couldn't see it in the video but a subtle misty particle affect along with the ground decal would make it perfect.
Looks interesting.
Sweet!!
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
I'm a bit confused, isn't this a re-skinned burning ground?
Why is cold dealing over-time damage? So ignite/bleed/poison is not that unique anymore. Will lightning have some kind of over time damage soon?
Also I just don't feel the name. Arctic breath. Why? It's nothing like a breath. ^^

Probably there are way too many skills already and running out of ideas is affecting this game heavily. Maybe devs should stop importing new gems into the game for some time and focus on other things? Ofc that can be hurtful because players like to try out new stuff. But there are many skills that are not used because they are just bad.

I'm not a veteran player tho, so I'm not used to this game (played 3 leagues so far) but these are my thoughts.
Last edited by ThIsIsToXiN on Dec 2, 2018, 3:28:08 PM
Wow, so happy that fire dmg won't be the only one over time that is getting a decent buff.
Shook Hands with Chris - Check
Got Picture next to Chris - Check
Life Complete - Check
tried making a build to use this next League but guess i cant till they change those passives.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Dec 3, 2018, 2:45:47 AM
the skulls were pretty fun and unique visiual.
can you add into market pls?
I am not a fan of DoT skills, and they seem to get way too much love and attention recently. Why not just make cold/self-cast better? Why do fire cold poison all have to deal damage over time, as mentioned by multiple people?

I was looking for reasons to play a proper self-caster in PoE that can compete with other zoom zoom builds, but this isn't it.

I believe that PoE trumped Diablo 2, but if there's anything that could be learned from or implemented in PoE is how great the Sorceress' self-cast cold skills felt (think Frozen Orb/Blizzard). This just looks like a lousy slow aoe madness.
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Dec 3, 2018, 4:02:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info