3.4.5c Redeployment Notes

Thanks for the heads-up.
"
Kross0m wrote:

Just ban him, GGG.

I don't think that's how it works.

But in general, yeah, defending the people who knowingly took advantage of this situation should raise a few eyebrows.
I do think that if someone spends money very shortly before being banned that its probably proper to refund it, though if for some reason its difficult to do so, then I can understand not bothering.
I've decided based on the handling of this issue, I'm going to buy the next top-tier supporter pack as soon as it becomes available. People can screenshot this or whatever if they feel like holding me accountable.

The mishandling of the item deletion bug 3.5 years ago literally made me quit the game for a year over how frustrated I was with GGG (I didn't lose items back then, either, to be clear), but the fact that you learned from your mistakes is the biggest deal ever to me. I was already pessimistically looking forward to a mediocre resolution. But you deserve to be rewarded for this.

Edit: I got the crucible pack, for $480. Worth every penny. Thank you, GGG.
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 20, 2018, 7:20:22 PM
"
pr13st wrote:
Only 4 out of 400? Faith in community restored.

While it was good that it was only 4, I'm skeptical to accept that those were the only bad eggs. Were other players not immediately kicked off when the proper owner logged in you can bet that number would have been higher.

"
WSLaFleur wrote:
It's the associated friends that blow my mind. Can you imagine getting a message from your pal like, "hey, there's a bug, I just got logged into another user's account. Help me steal shit!" and then, instead of telling said pal to fuck off, you agree to help? What the actual fuck.

Shit likes to stick together.
Last edited by Bioness on Nov 28, 2018, 9:57:11 AM
"
bonemash wrote:
you banned people for accessing other people's accounts because the game let them do that?

what a clown show, embarrassing company

This was probably answered already, but no - they banned people who accessed someones account, logged into a character, and maliciously traded their gear away.
"
bonemash wrote:
you banned people for accessing other people's accounts because the game let them do that?

And here's one of the four. Where's the other three?
"
fiyawerx wrote:
"
bonemash wrote:

This was probably answered already, but no - they banned people who accessed someones account, logged into a character, and maliciously traded their gear away.

Some people always will try to take advantage of what is given to them, that's on GGG not on the people who did it.

Though i agree that some punishment is justified, a permaban seems a bit harsh, especially if those people spend actual money on the game.
Last edited by tirrorex on Nov 28, 2018, 11:02:57 AM
GGG I am surprised and very much appreciate the transparency and honesty you have shown with the mistake. Anyone with any slight amount of programming knowledge knows that so much an added or deleted space can corrupt pages of script in unanticipated ways. I hope the fix didn’t cost too many man hours on your part (or that of the item restoration).

May I make a suggestion? Given the inevitable slowness in replacing lost items, would you consider compensating the victims of the banned accounts with micro transaction points? They likely won’t get anything back until the characters enter standard league, and as you mentioned none of the fault lies with them.

To the rest of the GGG community...I was not affected by this in any way.
It is a hard punishment, but fair one.

Imaging trying for years to acquire some valuable items and someone just stole them from you.

Maybe should be an extra layer of protection like a pin in the stash , not only for this rare situation but when someone stole your login credentials with one way or another, or just even sit and play in the same computer with you and a method to reset it if you have forgot them through email.

It would be frustrating to enter a pin every time you open your stash, but maybe there is a workaround like to enter the pin only once when you havent login to your account for x hours

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info