3.4.5c Redeployment Notes

Well that explains why I saw some RMT/trade bot's SINGLE lvl 20 character XD
"
tirrorex wrote:
"
fiyawerx wrote:
"
bonemash wrote:
you banned people for accessing other people's accounts because the game let them do that?

what a clown show, embarrassing company

This was probably answered already, but no - they banned people who accessed someones account, logged into a character, and maliciously traded their gear away.

Some people always will try to take advantage of what is given to them, that's on GGG not on the people who did it.

Though i agree that some punishment is justified, a permaban seems a bit harsh, especially if those people spend actual money on the game.

There was a BUG that made people log into wrong accounts. Everybody understands that this was a BUG the first moment they see it. Using an apparent bug is called EXPLOITING/BUG ABUSE. EXPLOITING is a bannable offense. The moment these people decided to exploit an obvious bug, they decided to live with the consequences. It's as simple as that. It's not on GGG. Exploiting bugs has happened before and people have been banned for exactly that before.
"
tirrorex wrote:

Though i agree that some punishment is justified, a permaban seems a bit harsh, especially if those people spend actual money on the game.

For sure, you spend money, you are now able to do whatever you want even breaking rules...

- "What ?? rules ?! But I paid !!!"

Logic...
IGN : Zakam
Thanks Chris for telling us what happened. We were all pretty much "in panic".

It´s great that you CAN actually investigate and restore single accounts, as that is probably not guaranteed or "standard" / "mandatory.

Telling us the truth is a lot better than disguising the issue. You´ve done a good job there, despite the issues.
"
IamLoco wrote:
Thanks Chris for telling us what happened. We were all pretty much "in panic".

It´s great that you CAN actually investigate and restore single accounts, as that is probably not guaranteed or "standard" / "mandatory.

Telling us the truth is a lot better than disguising the issue. You´ve done a good job there, despite the issues.

+1
Thank you for your openness, you guys are great.

Now don't be mean to the programmer!
Just one error!

Maybe make him a nice cuppa tea.
"
Hexogenx wrote:
im boring

lets retroactively ban everyone for abusing double dipping all those years back because it wasn't an intended mechanic, or for abusing sextants before they placed a cap on them
"
bonemash wrote:
"
Hexogenx wrote:
im boring

lets retroactively ban everyone for abusing double dipping all those years back because it wasn't an intended mechanic, or for abusing sextants before they placed a cap on them

There's a rather significant difference between exploiting a mechanic for in-game advantage and exploiting a bug to the detriment of other people's accounts...
Nice to know that its fixed!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Headsoup wrote:
"
bonemash wrote:
"
Hexogenx wrote:
im boring

There's a rather significant difference between exploiting a mechanic for in-game advantage and exploiting a bug to the detriment of other people's accounts...

no there isn't, its the same thing lolz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info