Skill Reveal: Armageddon Brand

Tbh, I was expecting different art. Thought it'd look like an actual meteor. You could've even just reused the meteor animation from that glove enchantment no one uses (or the meteor storm Aberrath summons). I'd have preferred that - has more oomph to it. Still, mechanically it looks interesting.

"
We're adding a number of new effects to the passive tree; a new Keystone, a new notable for the Hierophant, and a number of new nodes spread throughout the Templar and Witch area of the Passive Tree. These all have a variety of effects that enhance your Brand's damage, activation speed, and attachment range, as well as increasing the maximum number of brands that you can have active.

I can't really say I'm too fond of this. The last time you added a bunch of minion nodes to encourage the 'combat summoner' archetype, but they ended up being really good generic damage nodes as well and so even non-summoners often go there now simply cos of how good (and boring, imo) generic damage is (and you've even added generic damage elsewhere in the tree as well - pls stop). And that passive tree rework was also centered on the same area between Witch and Templar, and now you're making it even more powerful there with Brand clusters. Why're are all the recent changes focused only on that quarter of the tree?

Hierophant already has 7 notables (now 8), even while many other Ascendancies are still at 6. And your recent Keystone additions (like Crimson Dance and Perfect Agony) have been rather disappointing. Not just due to being pretty weak, but also mechanically uninteresting as they cater to a much narrower list of builds than the original Keystones did. Nodes like CI, EB, Blood Magic, etc. all completely change your build, and are used by a large variety of builds. Whereas Perfect Agony is only for crit poison builds, while Crimson Dance is only for Bleed builds. And now presumably another Keystone just for Brand builds. Imo Keystones shouldn't be this narrow. Same with Ascendancy notables (albeit less so) - making many of them work only with specific skills is a bad direction imo, unless you plan to have at least half-a-dozen Brand skills eventually (assuming it doesn't cater only to specific Brands). You've already done it with some of them, but please don't keep going down this road. Keep PoE classes as open as they once were. And Keystones as truly notable as before.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 25, 2018, 10:13:23 PM
So it's literally just traps but you called them brands instead. Either way, it's new skills, so that's cool.
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
"
geoffreytuck wrote:
So it's literally just traps but you called them brands instead. Either way, it's new skills, so that's cool.

They count as your damage, which affects a lot of game mechanics (leech and reflect, for instance, and a bunch of trigger systems). Also self-propogate like Contagion.
"
Bowspin wrote:
I wonder if this can proc on kill effects like heralds or is it like trap and totem and you're not considered the one "killing the mob"

They count as your damage, so yes they will. They'll also leech (and reflect) as normal. Although they might look like traps, it's still considered to be you doing the damage - the Brand is not a separate entity. Think of it like Orb of Storms or Frost Bomb.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Brand new day

"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
when did u reveal storm brand?

https://web.poecdn.com/image/betrayal/Panel10/Screenshot5.jpg

Um, claiming the image revealed Storm Brand, you may as a well claim it revealed Aramageddon Brand too.

To me, a reveal is game play footage of the skill being used.

Here's the footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtnRLJ_qdc

Note he's using both Arc and Storm Brand there, so be careful to make out the Brand (it's the little symbol thing on the ground, just like with this Brand).
"
Iamod wrote:
So here's a question: Do they keep hitting until the target dies, or is there a duration of the brand?
There are two durations on a Brand - they have a total duration they can be attached for, and a total duration they can be left on the ground unattached. They expire if either runs out. This means time a Brand is on the ground between enemies, and thus not dealing damage, doesn't count towards it's attached duration.

"
geoffreytuck wrote:
Brands are funcamentally very different from traps. Storm Brand is very like Orb of Storms, the closest equivalent in-game to Armageddon Brand is Firestorm - the difference being that Brands attach to enemies and only damage while attached, rather than staying where they were put, which makes playing them quite different than those skills.

Brands are a skill you cast that damages things repeatedly. Traps are a separate object which uses a different skill. This leads to a lot of mechanically important differences.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
when did u reveal storm brand?

Wasnt so much a reveal as a 'there it is'

https://www.pathofexile.com/betrayal

Although they might have just updated this.

There is gameplay footage. It was shown on one of the media portals during league reveal (same as Winter Orb), but simply got overshadowed by the Winter Orb hype.

Here's the footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtnRLJ_qdc

Note he's using both Arc and Storm Brand there, so be careful to make out the Brand (it's the little symbol thing on the ground, just like with this Brand).
"
boyandroid wrote:
FYI, Storm Brand gameplay video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtnRLJ_qdc

Thanks
So no additional slots for skills? :(
This looks fun. I was looking for something to play around with.

Im thinking elementalist with ignite prolif, so as the brand passes from target to target it esentialy extends the burn.

Add that with multiple ignites and i think i might have a fun build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info