Skill Reveal: Armageddon Brand

"
Socaro wrote:
1. Amount of keybinds are same for years and in those years many skills had been added many of witch are utilyty and with the changes to instant skills there are many skills that some build could use but cant due to lack of keybinds.
And its not like reeve char want keybinds to also use brand cus it would make no sense. Diversity is with what main dmg skills u use and what skilltree u have and that wont change. And chars with leapslam or shield charge wont use phase run just because they have extra keybind.

Ok, the skillbar stays the same and we have more skills... nice, I'll say it once again: we have more skills to choose between, not to pick them all. Of course there are builds that COULD use certain skills, but do they HAVE TO? NO. It's about choice. Linking our skills to our gear was made to limit our options. The small action bar was made to limit our options. And, as you say, it's been the same for years! So you have had years to notice that you won't be able to pick every useful skill just because it'd fit into your build. You can't, and you'll never can.

And again, all those small choices are what make a build (a build is not only about what main skill you use). A totem arc build is not a trap arc build, not a poet's/mjölner arc build, nor a self-cast arc build, nor a CoC/CwC arc build, etc etc. Neither all builds that use arc are focused on it or use it as main skill! So again, YES, every choice affects the build diversity.

"
Socaro wrote:
2.there are builds witch starve for extra keybinds and that's fact, not all builds but some. And it wouldnt hurt builds that dont need them.

It doesn't hurt the builds themselves, it hurts the players who enjoy the current design of the game and the way it enforces us to carefully plan our characters. Choices like that are what make things matter, and make things really matter is how the game was devised, even before they started to work on it's programming. Why do you think they don't ease the trade system? Because they want items to matter, too, they've already said it. Making choices easier or making us to not have to choose, is directly against GGG's whole project.

"
Socaro wrote:
3.Read carefully i didnt said that i need keybind so u can use orb of storm and brand. I said that even without brand while i was laying summoner i would love to have more keybinds.
U was wandering why summoners would like to use brand and i gave u an exaple. Besides brand should work fine since it bounces between enemies. Orb of storm or arc could still be better but u know... diversity

"
Socaro wrote:
And its not like summoner need brand, but without brand i still am lacking 1 or 2 keybinds.
Also brand might be used instead of orb of storm to proc ee.

You're clearly suggesting that you'd need a keybind just because it'd be of some use, otherwise you wouldn't even be complaining about keybinds on a thread about a new skill. So again, even if you want to replace a skill for another (call it diversity, ok, I can buy it, but it's funny to see how you denied it'd affect the diversity and a few minutes later use it as an example of diversity. Pretty contradictory), you don't need that keybind if it's just a replacement! So in the end you have to admit, on a thread about a brand, that these brands have NOTHING to do with your keybinds, so the whole complaint is out of place.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
Oh yesss....
Jesus, u truly are hard mam to talk to...ye skill bar was designed to limit our options...some gems were designed in some way and later they were reworked, game is changing and improving i dont see reason for skillbar not to change, even with 2 more keybinds u gonna be limited with current state and in future even more.

If u thing more keybinds will effect with ppl not required to carefully plan char than u are mental.

And yes talk about keybinds on this topic is offtop.
Does it deal pure fire damage, Physical with Fire Conversion, or some fire and some physical?

Is the ignite applied when the "meteor" hits or when the brand attaches to the target? Could be a strong potential for the immolate support gem.

How does this interact with Cast on Crit? Can brands be triggered? Armo Brand w/ CoC Firestorm could be fun, at least thematically.

How does this interact with Cast Speed? Faster brand placement, attachment speed, time in between "meteor" strikes? High cast speed with decent brand duration could lead to more strikes which would be nice

I feel like ascendancy specific nodes for certain skills need to be more generic, the new herald ones felt borderline specific. I get that they are supposed to be similar to the minion nodes, maybe brands and banners can have a few ascendancy points but more more skill tree notables like war cries. Hoping the new keystones are general as well.

Love all the new content, GGG always delivers!

When will we see a Celestial MTX? A matching rain of fire one would be nice and thematic.
Is there some reddit0r or stream0r currently ranting over key binds? This was a no issue until quite recently. Shouldn't we talk about the skill here and open a suggestion thread in the...you know...suggestion forum?
Typical, when the lack of arguments becomes too obvious to keep denying it, you start focusing on the person who talks and not on what's being talked about. I'm done with you, you already portrayed your moral and argumentative height. I thought you were more clever than that... my bad, I won't overestimate you again.

Good luck with your complaints (and remember to NEVER replace a skill, or you will run out of keybinds! omg...)
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
[Removed by Support]

With the amount of skills and with skills yet to be on a game adding more keybinds wont change fact that ull have to plan your char carefully.

And again i never said that i need more keybinds because i dont know how to replace skills i need them cus i have all used already by active skills yet i could (and would like to) add like 2 more but i dont have place to bind them.

So next time u gonna have urge to rant someone please try to read carefully and with understanding

Cheers ;)
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Nov 29, 2018, 6:35:26 AM
C'mon already GGG! I am a Diablo player and am not used to new and cool content - especially that which I do not have to pay for...
One day, my ship will come. And with my luck, I'll be waiting at the airport!
Look interesting ;P{|
Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty, and your 5% experience... :D
"Painfull jokes of Vaal"
I do like how the skill works (Form what is shown), but I dislike that the boost you can get are again around Witch and Hierophant. What about the Chieftain or the Scion?

Regardless I will be planning a Chieftain Build around that skill and see how it goes, not sure how well it will interact with Spell Totem, but I hope it will work as I expect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info