Skill Reveal: Armageddon Brand

blah blah elementalist inpulsa

omega lol 3D

great job 😂
Well, at least it looks nice.
But i guess this is only one of the upcoming new things.
Traps 2.0? :D
Brands look pretty interesting, can't wait to get the details and try them out.

"Keybind warriors" need to chill a bit, there are already too many things you potentially could be using all the time and character building is choosing the best ones for the setup (its already limited in this same fashion), so adding more things you would want to use is actually a good thing - decision making is alot more engaging than having everything all the time / lets you have characters that feel more unique with different setups.
The whole idea is and has always been yo bring more options to choose between. GGG don't want us to have everything the release on a single character. That would, in the end, make most characters way too similar, and PoE's flagship that is the build diversity, would turn into fake diversity. From a business point of view, too, more characters means more chances to sell some mtx, I'm not discovering the world here.

So whoever wants some of the new stuff, create a new character or drop some of the old one on your already existing characters. Or even better, learn to handle the skills you already have first, because it's so funny to see some people complaining about the lack of keybinds when they talk about having like 3 auras + 2 golems binded...

We have 5-6 items for setups, up to 8 if we count some unset rings. And this has been this way from the very beginning, what on this design makes you think that it's designed to allow you to have 15+ active skills? Automatize, rotate, drop less efficient skills, and stop complaining about illogic things like a summonner not having a keybind for a brand. Why would a summonner want a brand, in first place?

Now they will reveal banters and 90% of the thread will be filled with complaints from pure casters... sigh* Seriously guys, this game is about choice and opportunity cost, whoever doesn't want to realize that will be sooooo disappointed here.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
poet's pen says hi!Gj GGG
Last edited by Restlnpiece on Nov 27, 2018, 3:06:05 AM
"
LastMagus wrote:
there are plenty of builds/situations where key binding becomes a problem.

1-movement
2-main attack
3-golem
4-BR
5-totem
-------- i;d say these are the staple binds of most builds minus the movement in some cases but then there are plenty of other options

6-end cry self cast/other warcry
7-potential self cast curse
8-phase run - because cmmon.. there are better flasks
10-orb of storms proc- pcoc/curse/combustion/ etc buffs
11-secondary attack for when you have clear and single target without weapon swap.
12-secondary golem
13-movement skills aren't great so i'm not even thinking of swapping walking button for leap slam/whirling etc.

and i'm sure i'm missing smth here.

Well, one big thing you missed is Vaal skills, which a character can have (or want to have) several of. The starter I have planned for Betrayal only uses one skill to attack and I'm still full on mappable skills--golem on left-click, attack skill on right, two movement skills, totem, instant skill to proc Arcane Surge, and a couple Vaal skills.

If GGG wants to treat skillbinds as another limit that makes you make some choices about what to keep and what to drop, then I do get it to some degree, though this does seem to further incentivise building around using a single skill and buffing it out as much as possible since the more skills you need to function, the less room you have for offensive/defensive utility skills.
"
Lykkoith wrote:
The whole idea is and has always been yo bring more options to choose between. GGG don't want us to have everything the release on a single character. That would, in the end, make most characters way too similar, and PoE's flagship that is the build diversity, would turn into fake diversity. From a business point of view, too, more characters means more chances to sell some mtx, I'm not discovering the world here.

So whoever wants some of the new stuff, create a new character or drop some of the old one on your already existing characters. Or even better, learn to handle the skills you already have first, because it's so funny to see some people complaining about the lack of keybinds when they talk about having like 3 auras + 2 golems binded...

We have 5-6 items for setups, up to 8 if we count some unset rings. And this has been this way from the very beginning, what on this design makes you think that it's designed to allow you to have 15+ active skills? Automatize, rotate, drop less efficient skills, and stop complaining about illogic things like a summonner not having a keybind for a brand. Why would a summonner want a brand, in first place?

Now they will reveal banters and 90% of the thread will be filled with complaints from pure casters... sigh* Seriously guys, this game is about choice and opportunity cost, whoever doesn't want to realize that will be sooooo disappointed here.

U are wrong on so many levels...
Build diversity wont be changed if they add more keybinds bcs they are needed for utylity skills in some builds like summoner with spectres and skellis for exaple where sockets are not problem but limited keybinds are.

Ppl who have auras keybinded simply dont need anything else so stop with this "learn to handle the skills u already have" bs.

And its not like summoner need brand, but without brand i still am lacking 1 or 2 keybinds.
Also brand might be used instead of orb of storm to proc ee.
Last edited by Socaro on Nov 27, 2018, 6:44:37 AM
1. Build diversity WILL be changed if each time GGG releases a new skill, everybody has all neccesary slots/keybinds to add them to their builds at will. At that point, those new skills would never make a difference or a new option for builds, since they all can have it. So yes, a skill that can't contribute to the diversity WILL affect that diversity.

2. People who have auras keybinded are here complaining about not having keybinds. Just take a look at almost any thread about new releases. If you're clever enough to not do it, good for you, but a lot of other complainers are not so clever, or maybe too lazy, to make a good use of their keybinds. So that's their own fault and GGG has to do nothing to fix it.

3. Hahaha first all, if you can use a brand to REPLACE Orb of Storms, you don't need a new keybind, just REPLACE Orb of Storms from your action bar. It's the most stupid excuse I've seen so far. That being said, why would you use a skill that jumps on kill to proc EE? Even worse, why would you use a static skill that doesn't move at all to proc EE? You have skills that arc on hit and naturally-piercing projectiles that can proc EE faster, further and even with higher chances to shock. Starting on the fact that you don't need a new keybind to replace an old skill, it's not even a good idea.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
1. Amount of keybinds are same for years and in those years many skills had been added many of witch are utilyty and with the changes to instant skills there are many skills that some build could use but cant due to lack of keybinds.
And its not like reeve char want keybinds to also use brand cus it would make no sense. Diversity is with what main dmg skills u use and what skilltree u have and that wont change. And chars with leapslam or shield charge wont use phase run just because they have extra keybind.

2.there are builds witch starve for extra keybinds and that's fact, not all builds but some. And it wouldnt hurt builds that dont need them.

3.Read carefully i didnt said that i need keybind so u can use orb of storm and brand. I said that even without brand while i was laying summoner i would love to have more keybinds.
U was wandering why summoners would like to use brand and i gave u an exaple. Besides brand should work fine since it bounces between enemies. Orb of storm or arc could still be better but u know... diversity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info