REWORK the Lord's Labyrinth in 4.0, or else..

"
SodanKerjuu wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:
i just dont understand when ppl say stuff like "cant do trials/lab with vp" etc,
i might have been a bit of a problem pre pantheon but since than its not a problem at all.

I usually spend one regret orb to despec Vaal Pact for running the eternal lab and then respec it afterwards.

ofc thats the better option but i didnt wanna say something that involves using currency when they is an reasonable option without it
"
I don't like the lab myself, but none of them are hard, they're just a chore.

If anything needs to be removed or reworked it's the lab trials. I dislike those far more than the lab itself, such a waste of time.

Yeah the Lab Trials kinda ruined the Lab altogether because you could just do the Merciless Lab over and over again but then they tied the upgraded version to mapping...
Need more brains, exile?
Half of this is just the GGG insistence on instakill-level boss attacks. Currently, anything that doesn't kill a character just means that the character leeches, regens, or flasks away the damage before the next attack, and most of the big boss fights include minions to recover flask charges, because otherwise flask-dependent builds would be screwed. They then give the big bosses dodge-or-die attacks in order to keep people from facetanking, because they don't have any other tools available.

I'm not enthusiastic about this focus, both because I'm here to play a stat-based RPG, not a twitch action game with insta-death (but only in boss fights), and because it means that even a second of Internet Weirdness can kill your character. However, I don't have a better solution that still respects the character variety possible here. (How do you punish a character that can leech a full life pool in under a second?)

"
Fruz wrote:

"
Turtledove wrote:
[...]

You have been repeating again and again that you believed that GGG was going to remove the points from the lab or do something about the traps, a bit of honesty please, lol.

GGG has significantly reduced the loathsome content of labyrinth. I could list all the things GGG has done but, I know that you know all that and are just lying about what I've said. I guess it really hurts you that GGG has listened to us and acted on our request? It is silly for you to take it personally though. GGG is just reacting to customer feedback. But you keep repeating this same stupid lie, even after the moderators previously deleted your nonsense.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Oh, I've not lied about anything, if anything the trap density in the lab has not decreased at all, and the easiest labs were shortened, which makes much more sense regarding progression ( and for example, Izaro's mechanics are being added progressively, which is something that I suggested at some points ).
And smoothening progression was simply what they did when they added 5 more acts, it's as simple as that.

What GGG did however, is add traps in some maps, and even in Incursion, with a boss even having similar mechanics as an attack.

( And of course, Merc and Uber Lab are ... the same, with better rewards on the way to the final encounters of course, and purely 'positive' darkshrines ).

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Oh, I've not lied about anything, if anything the trap density in the lab has not decreased at all, and the easiest labs were shortened, which makes much more sense regarding progression ( and for example, Izaro's mechanics are being added progressively, which is something that I suggested at some points ).
And smoothening progression was simply what they did when they added 5 more acts, it's as simple as that.

What GGG did however, is add traps in some maps, and even in Incursion, with a boss even having similar mechanics as an attack.

( And of course, Merc and Uber Lab are ... the same, with better rewards on the way to the final encounters of course, and purely 'positive' darkshrines ).

You are lying when you say
"
You have been repeating again and again that you believed that GGG was going to remove the points from the lab or do something about the traps

It's a flat out pathetic lie. I have said lots of times that GGG should do something about it and they have done some things like significantly reducing the trials and eliminating most of the traps in the first two labyrinths. You keep repeating this lie. If I've been repeating again and again that GGG was going to remove the points from the lab then find a few of those posts and link them here You can't because it's a pathetic lie.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I guess all you are capable of saying is "you are lying !" heh.

It's fine, I don't care, I know what you've been saying and other people that have seen even a little bit of your intervention regarding the live probably understand that too, or have seen it themselves.
You have always been delusional regarding the lab, it's not a secret.

They did reduce the number of trials though, that they did ( not the Uber ones of course ), which isn't bad in itself, they needed to integrate new trials with the new acts, and maybe it did fit beter than way, and/or they wanted to do a tiny bit of something to calm some of the QQers ... I honestly doubt that this second part actually makes any sense, but I guess we will never know, not that it matters lol ).

And if you think that I consider you so important that I'd go waste my time looking in the crap whole that are the lab threads to find those posts in the middle of all the other antagonizing ones .... LOL.
Nevermind, at this rate this joke of a thread is going to turn out the same way anyway, have fun doing what you've been doing from the start.

Anyway, back to topic ... this thread should probably be closed, it's nothing more than a rant coming from a player not understand how the game works and apparently not wanting to put in any effort.
Nothing else to see here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 19, 2018, 9:16:41 PM
"
Fruz wrote:

Contrary to your false assertion, when I play standard I don't have to do any trials, not even Uber trials. The rest of your statements about me are [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Nov 19, 2018, 10:12:55 PM
"
I don't like the lab myself, but none of them are hard, they're just a chore.

If anything needs to be removed or reworked it's the lab trials. I dislike those far more than the lab itself, such a waste of time.

OH yeah lab trials are just horribly frustrating and never ending for some low regen/es builds. I hate them truly : removing them will be the top, but shortening them, make them pop's more often will be acceptable.
... nothing
I dont mind Labyrinth itself but as others have mentioned the trials are bad. I think they are annoying, boring, and feel like a waste of time. If they reworked trials I would be pretty happy. Have some other way to unlock the Lab.

I think reworking old content like they have done with the Forsaken Masters would be good for the game. Lab and Prophecy need to be updated, as they both have good ideas that are held back by some annoyances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info