[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

can anyone check my gear pls?anyway i can do better than this setup?
Hi,

I see a lot of comments about putting lightning spire in the main 6L and creating a 5L helmet (remote mine support) for arc.

Wouldn't it be better to keep the main 6L for arc, then get a helmet with remote mine support and hypothermia support for GC single target link?

That would give a single target link like: GC, remote mine, minefield, hypothermia and 2 others.
Not sure on the 2 others (conc effect and something I suppose).

Would GC proc hypothermia on uber elder and if it doesn't, how could I make it so (increased crit mult or maybe added cold? (I seem to remember increased multiplier doesn't work towards ailments)
Would this give at the very least comparable single target to lightning spire traps?
Could i perhaps ommit minefield for higher cold dmg (hypothermia) per hit and still match lightning spire's single-target dps?

I disklike lightning spire since it doesn't work too well against high mobility bosses :/
IGN: Splashem
Last edited by Fopspeenzuiger on Jan 9, 2019, 10:33:34 AM
Just wanted to thank OP and post my setup. Big success this league with playing arc mines for the first time. Uber Elder on farm and killed Aul, Uber Atziri, and Shaper. It's so nice to roll a map and not care about mods at all. BTW, I use my boots to level gems and phase run.

Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder. I make sure to res cap without boots.
Last edited by sekksy on Jan 9, 2019, 11:45:56 AM
removed.
Last edited by DrRats on Jan 9, 2019, 2:45:04 PM
"
emaster wrote:
"
DrRats wrote:
[dbLinkedItem id="12702798904"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798905"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798906"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798907"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798908"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798909"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798910"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798911"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798912"]

Gear check please. Think i could down guardians/shaper with this? Possibly Uber Elder?

I killed Uber Elder today with very similar gear (with 2nd try, because that was my first Uber Elder and I didn't know the fight) so it's definitely viable for all content you mentioned. I didn't use Lightning Spire Trap by the way, killed with Arc Mine only. That trap now just wastes my 6link in body, but now sure what else can I put in 6link instead.

Good to hear! I killed all guardians and shaper the other day without much issue. Still working on my atlas so I can try elder guardians/uber elder. That fight looks pretty crazy though! Did you use Kaom's boot's for the fight or no?
"
DrRats wrote:
"
emaster wrote:
"
DrRats wrote:
[dbLinkedItem id="12702798904"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798905"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798906"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798907"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798908"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798909"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798910"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798911"][dbLinkedItem id="12702798912"]

Gear check please. Think i could down guardians/shaper with this? Possibly Uber Elder?

I killed Uber Elder today with very similar gear (with 2nd try, because that was my first Uber Elder and I didn't know the fight) so it's definitely viable for all content you mentioned. I didn't use Lightning Spire Trap by the way, killed with Arc Mine only. That trap now just wastes my 6link in body, but now sure what else can I put in 6link instead.

Good to hear! I killed all guardians and shaper the other day without much issue. Still working on my atlas so I can try elder guardians/uber elder. That fight looks pretty crazy though! Did you use Kaom's boot's for the fight or no?

Nope, I used exactly the gear which is now on my char, you can check it out. Though I guess they can indeed help quite a bit. As I learned in my first (failed) try - the only really dangerous thing is Shaper balls, they almost one shot you but quite easy to dodge, because first ball appears and then stars slow, speeding up later, so there is time to react. But if you are slowed down and Shaper stars balls, and Flame Dash is out of charges... Note also that if you fail an attempt (use all 6 portals) - Elder does not disappear and you can try again with another Shaper set, so if thats your first time you can prepare several sets.
"
Strad1975 wrote:
Alright, I am ripping through tier 10 maps because I haven't had any higher drop yet. I would like some help on where to improve next. Maybe different skills and such. Sitting around 4400 life atm. Tks.

I use kaoms roots for the fight but you dont need to
"
GlazerMCJR wrote:

can anyone check my gear pls?anyway i can do better than this setup?

Get quality gems.
You can use the vendor recipe (lvl20 + gcp) to change your level 20 gems into lvl1 quality 20% gems.

I would also advise a stygian belt with a good jewel. The physical damage on your current belt is useless so a jewel would serve you a lot better. It also grants you another 1% life and mana due to shroud.

Purely in terms of damage you'd also be better off with a loreweave chest although shroud is an interesting alternative. Loreweave has inherent offensive stats + a Q20 light penetration gem also gives 10% light damage which you can't get on shroud. Again though, I hadn't considered shroud for this build. In terms of survivability I think it's a winner.

Gloves could have a lot more resists allowing some freedom elsewhere.

I'd change boots as well. You don't seem to get onslaught from anything so the 100% eva doesn't trigger. Except for 10% spell dodge during quartz flask/phase run these boots are pretty bad. You could get some more life, movement speed and lots of resists instead allowing more freedom elsewhere bringing me to the next point.

Get a good damage amulet. An elder amulet with a decent non-chaos as chaos mod and some crit mult/other useful offensive stats would serve you well. But you have a good deal of resists on your current ammy so you'd need to shift those to gloves/boots.

edit: and get quality on your flasks ;)

Just my 0.02 ;)
IGN: Splashem
Last edited by Fopspeenzuiger on Jan 10, 2019, 6:28:02 AM
Hello Everyone.
This build is awesome ! For the first time i'm able to play some end-game maps\parts without dying every single time.

Anyway, i'm always checking for gear improvements here (replies) and etc, but, i can't get what i may improve on my character.

I've switched to dual-wield wands recently ; also, i don't get to use lighting spire trap... only arc does the job for me to be honest. I'm doing some T12 maps without any issue.

Anyway, i really would like to ask a gear check \ suggestions of what can be improved. I'm already thinking about switching to a 6L loreweave (sell the current one and with the chaos i already have buy the new one).

Thanks in advance !

"

A little confused about one thing - the CWDT setup - why would you keep all gems at level 2? Surely if you're using a level 2 CWDT, you can have higher levels for the other 3 gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info