Unified Hideouts in Path of Exile: Betrayal

Are my Decorations i have now migrated over to the new System?
Would it ever be possible to scale the hideout decorations? Some of them are just too small or too big for some uses.
Awesome, yes, good. But I'd really love an official in-news-post update on if old decorations are going legacy or not, since clearly at least Leo will be an enemy in Betrayal, which means he will not be available to provide his decorations for us. And if Leo is going, so are the others.
Nice nice! Always good to see some quality of life changes. Cant wait..HYPE!!!
What's going to happen to our master levels?

What about Leo?
Question: Will the favor we have currently be transferred over to the new tile sets?

Keep up the great job and improving our QOL.
What I'd really like to see is a "snap-to" grid so that it's easier align and angle decorations so they won't be off center and wonky.
thx i was waiting for that :)
So will I be able to keep my current hideout? I spent about 20 hours setting it up.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
In Path of Exile: Betrayal, you can export your hideout to a file on your computer, and import it later. This system can be used as a way to either save your work before doing something experimental with your hideout, or as a way to share hideouts with other community members.

Hmmm, that's...not how I anticipated this would be implemented. I expected we'd have the ability to save our hideouts in-game, probably in the form of some sort of currency item (similar to how Prophecies are stored, or how Eternal Orbs worked). The advantage of that method is firstly, that it keeps the whole process within the game and more importantly secondly, that it essentially creates a market for well-designed hideouts.

Just as people craft GG gear for profit, some others more artistically gifted can craft GG hideouts for profit. That would incentivise more people to take up hideout designing, as well as those skilled at it to spread their work rather than hoarding it for themselves. Any reason this wasn't the route chosen? It doesn't seem like it'd harm the game. Or was it simply not technically possible to implement?

The thing you are describing is technological nightmare. for comparison the amount of data transferred through the DB operations for 1 prophecy is probably the same as to a single piece of decoration.

Imagine what happens with hundreds of pieces at the same time, keeping in mind that unlike prophecies decoration objects hold information for more than one states, at least a reference to more than one graphical entities.

Since i'm assuming here, i would go ahead and say that such ingame transfers should not be priority due to the amount of resource they need versus the practicality of it.
For example this would probably need separate engine to handle everything properly.

I can go on about this for days, but i think that's sufficient enough explanation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info