40 challenges rant - just needed to get this off my chest.

"
pr13st wrote:

Yea but I "work" on weekends too :)
Also I can acknowledge that there are gamer tiers below casual (speaking strictly in the PoE world)

The urban dictionary literally says about "casual gamer":
"
In- Short:
Casual Gamer is the lowest common denominator in the gaming industry.

"
I?m also a casual but I generally aim for 40/40 each league.

Being a casual is the very opposite of aiming for high-end (or any) goals, that you don't automatically achieve by messing around in a game while having fun.

Definition of "casual":
1. relaxed and unconcerned.
2. not regular or permanent, in particular:

If you want to reach 40/40 (every league), you are concerned.
If you play 20-25 hours per week, that's very regular.
If you reach all endgame-challenges in "only" 20-25 hours a week, aren't you super focused and efficient with your time? :)

Even i'm not casual, since i follow this forum and reddit and think about my own (ssf-)builds and could get to maps in HC if i had 1-2 free days, if i wanted.

My friend who already reached act 6 now with his arc-totem build after starting during or before Incursion (can't remember), i would call him a casual PoE player, i guess.
____

@I-No that's no attack on the OP.
I mean, practically, you can redefine words however you like :)
But we're on a gaming forum, casuals don't go here.
Edit:
Spoiler
Charan already hit the nail right on the head one page earlier.
In his defintion i'm not casual, since a certain someone in my life told me 2 years ago to go and buy that new PC, when i was telling them that i can't convince myself to only but it to improve the performance of this 1 f2p-game [that i played every day]

You got a great wife preist :)

I would call OP a non-walrus, maybe, since he's much slower than I-No :o

Congrats on 40/40 OP, hope you enjoyed your time while doing them and enjoy your accomplishment! :)
(absolutely no sarcasm/irony)

(ssf-disclaimer is only because i never plan builds that rely on certain uniques i don't have)
Last edited by Antaiseito on Nov 21, 2018, 8:11:11 AM
Completely agree

20-25 hours per week is definitely not casual. For me anything above 6 hours is beyond the definition of casual. Although I am willing to bet most casual don't come anywhere close to 6 hours per week either, especially if they have job and family.
Did hit 40/40 finally yesterday and have to say Delve 600 was most painful cause of suicide dmg but glad its done ^^
"
FinYuna wrote:
Did hit 40/40 finally yesterday and have to say Delve 600 was most painful cause of suicide dmg but glad its done ^^

It's pretty hard if you're not one of the big 7

Spoiler
ppvd pathfinder, elehit scion, molten strike jugg, bv occultist, bv elementalist, ts deadeye, saboteur GC/arc
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Nov 22, 2018, 9:48:34 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
"
ThoryX wrote:
still no Aul, still no resonator with 4 socket :/

Oh I had to buy the resonator, that was some crap. Heard something about a bad rng seed that would prevent 4s reso to drop but I think it was all tinfoil.. right?

The first few weeks there was a seed bug that caused some people to never get a 4-socket resonator and others were getting 5-10 per hour of delving.

I had to buy mine too, never been so salty having to pay for a challenge. Also no Aul for me either.
Last edited by Bioness on Nov 22, 2018, 10:07:25 AM
I dont mind grining challenges ( like level to 100 or farm 500 lab chest etc)

the one i hate is the RNG based type, and sometime its RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.

I'm not a fan of challenge because most of them is just a slot machine then actual challenge.

So I just play for fun :)
"
pr13st wrote:
"
FinYuna wrote:

It's pretty hard if you're not one of the big 7

Spoiler
ppvd pathfinder, elehit scion, molten strike jugg, bv occultist, bv elementalist, ts deadeye, saboteur GC/arc

U got that right man.
Even with changes with flasks and gear itself, pen nodes were suicide and some other dmg mods added..was no need to go deeper.
Now im just chilling doing lower nodes for fossils and currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info