40 challenges rant - just needed to get this off my chest.

still no Aul, still no resonator with 4 socket :/
I dont like run the lab over and over
I run between 70 and 120 labs per league because it's very lucrative but there is no difference between league lab and standard lab

Note :From my point of view, a casual player plays 1h per day not 20h/25h per week
Path of 0 FPS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
ThoryX wrote:
still no Aul, still no resonator with 4 socket :/

Oh I had to buy the resonator, that was some crap. Heard something about a bad rng seed that would prevent 4s reso to drop but I think it was all tinfoil.. right?
Second-class poe gamer
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
Also, the Delve Boss challenges are just the dumbest thing ever. It's ok to have Challenges where you have to defeat the boss under a variety of easy to fail conditions. Its ok to have challenges to encounter very rare and hard to find bosses. It's absolutely not ok to require you to kill ultra-rare bosses in 4-5 easy to fail specific ways. We need to have repeated access to bosses if you want to have 'kill these different ways' challenges so that we can have a learning curve without buying access from other players.

Have to agree.
Delve challenges were horribly RNG gated. Delve Encounters II took the most of my time because of non-existent Whispering Gallery. I went sideways at lvl ~90 and spent like ~60k sulphite before found it. Just take a look at the screenshot (WARNING! Big image!)

Oh, and I consider myself casual too, having full time job and all.
Last edited by Markroft on Nov 20, 2018, 7:34:53 AM
Markroft: why did you ignore currency and city nodes?
"
nxxyy wrote:
Markroft: why did you ignore currency and city nodes?

I really wanted to just find that blasted Whispering Gallery and get my 36/40.
I managed to achieve 40/40 in SSF just yesterday (felt really good and relieved). My last challenge was "cannot be hit by Kurgal's laser". It took me lots of attempts to get this cleared because a few times I thought I have gotten it but it turns out to be not, and it took me around 10 days (3 - 4 hours a day) before getting him to spawn again.

My main gripe for 40/40 will be 4 sockets resonator. I only found 1 and luckily it was early in the league. The RNG behind this challenge is just too much. Next will be spawning of Delve bosses.

I find Delve bosses challenges to be really fun though. Only the spawning part makes it meh. These challenges makes me think really hard when it comes to clearing them. I have to re-spec my character, or use a different character with different build to clear them. And this, I enjoyed it greatly.

By far, the best way to spawn bosses (for myself) is Breach. Collecting splinters makes it a more achievable goal. Except of course, Chayula. Chayula breach spawn rate is just too low.

I would add that mechanics of Delve bosses are really well designed. Especially Aul.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

If someone in your personal daily life who doesn't play the game has never once mentioned that you sure seem to play that game a lot, or that you really like it, or any other indication that they notice how much you play...THEN you're a casual player.

PoE for me is a personal vice that I enjoy only enveloped in the deepest darkest embrace of darkness.

Spoiler
I play when the kids and wife are sleeping. Thank god wifey is ok with it, I'm literally pestering her every day before new leagues like whisper in her ear "16 days left" and leave cackling; you make the best point so far, so I guess I'm semi-casual. Anyway lab end game grind sucks and should die.

"
kira1414 wrote:
I managed to achieve 40/40 in SSF just yesterday

Wow.. you ok fam?
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Nov 21, 2018, 2:28:59 AM
i found the challenges were good this league. they actually made sense in the league unlike "make a large hideout" or "use these currency orbs". also, i liked that they were actually challenging.

the endgame grind needs another option, though, i agree. i did lvl100 this league because i never got to 100 before. all the time i spent fuel on d300ish so i don't die could have been used to push for d1000. in retrospect, i should have completed the lab chests since i was already halfway done with it. oh well...
Last edited by dachoppa on Nov 21, 2018, 3:25:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info