40 challenges rant - just needed to get this off my chest.

Delve was not bad, kinda fun.

Except for the invisible one-shots every single time (those 'screamer' things 100% of the time - their effect was simply not visible under the best of circumstances, much less when there were mobs everywhere).

Again, new league = new insanely overtuned mob types that are put there strictly to one-shot you trying to complete those stupid 'only level 90 or higher super rich traders with monster tanks' challenges.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
The challenges for delve were pretty rng rough with the boss requirements in delve. Just getting the boss to spawn was the worst part.
I'm not one to go for 40, but congrats on pushing through!
"
pr13st wrote:
So for the first time they made 4/5 end game grind instead of 4/6, making us choose between 500 lab chests and lvl 100. This needs not to become a trend in

Speak for yourself, I skipped getting to depth 600^^

The only problem I have with the challenges (after they fixed encounters) is finding Aul. I found him once, and finding him another time is very unlikely since I'm pretty burnt out already. Oh well.

Last edited by golan4840 on Nov 14, 2018, 5:33:51 PM
Its a video game, no idea why people torture themselves.

Look it the casuals attacking you XD

HES 40/40 HES NOT A CASUAL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Whats wrong with being casual? Video game achievements dont define you, at least i hope not.
There's nothing wrong with it but you get them attacking the OP whos apparently a casual too and they refuse to believe it cuz hes 40/40 means hes NOT IT CAN'T BE!

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
the worst thing about lab stuff being a part of end game grind challenge is that every single second you're inside lab that is another second you're missing out on league mechanics.

to me its fucking stupid to include anything lab related in LEAGUE challenges, because lab is always completely separated from any and all league mechanics.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 14, 2018, 9:34:41 PM
Yup, rng challenges are essentially impossible. I play less PoE, and can’t see buying the new league packs.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"

Whats wrong with being casual? Video game achievements dont define you, at least i hope not.

@Chadwixx Don't mind that spammer.
I think the OP is correct about 20-25h per week being casual, it's just that he's a veteran player that knows what he's doing, so he gets more done in those 20 hours, than your beginning or intermediate player in several times that amount of time. Casual is such a vague word.

Also i agree with xMustard. I could never be bothered to go for 40, could have done 39, but was like "meh cba" after 36. It's just a boring, time consuming grind for a small piece of a totem pole that i won't display in my juicy hideout anyway. Who cares xD
They really should make the challenges more fun and "challenging" instead of just being grinds.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Nov 16, 2018, 2:08:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info