40 challenges rant - just needed to get this off my chest.

To start, I'm an old casual with restricted playtime because job and family.

- So for the first time they made 4/5 end game grind instead of 4/6, making us choose between 500 lab chests and lvl 100. This needs not to become a trend in my humble opinion, I mean I usually stop at lvl 93 because I dislike the grind to 100 (even so managed to get to 97 this league) so I went for the lab and it was rough, I did like 2-3 labs in good days and it was the last sub challenge I did. Why would they make an EndGame grind a component that gets done by players at lvl 80? Yes the rewards are great but it is soul-sucking to run them over and over.

- encountered Aul once, immediatly looked for a carry for the challenges because I already knew that it will be my only one (and it was, up to delve 600).

- Enjoyed the ahuatli (4 times) and kurgal (2 times) fights, did not enjoy having to buy the challenges for not getting hit by this and that. If they had a higher chance to spawn it would have been fun.

- Just ran t13+ maps for sulphite to run delves 500-600, suphite cost to delve is too expensive. Let's hope the madlad will give us sulphite discounts next league.

- probably in the minority, but I enjoyed the delve encounters IV (post nerf) got 4 of the rare ones + unspeakable shrine and redblade something, their rarity was justifiable.

Nice league all in all, see you in betrayal

Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Nov 14, 2018, 3:21:32 PM
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2018, 3:21:45 AM
You may consider yourself the lucky ones. I gave up after the change where you can no longer buy the boss carry :( Haven't seen a single boss yet and I doubt it will change in next few weeks.
"
pr13st wrote:

I think you and I may have different definitions of 'casual', but ok. You got 40/40 with 3 weeks left. Working as intended. If anyone could complete it easily, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
Got totally burnt out by this league’s challenge, this will be my last 40.

New league does not seem interesting any more, gonna play some actual game like red dead redemption 2 and Pokémon and be a lazy old man in standard till 4.0
A casual gamer
The challenges this league were god awful. Obviously some challenges should be challenges.... that's a given. I don't expect to get 40/40 every league - and that's fine. But the amount I've played (probably average of 5+ hours per day since the league released, many days played almost entire day), as someone who has characters who have killed Uber Elder this league, I think I should have a reasonable expectation to hit 36 at least, and this league, I don't know if I'll be able to.

Challenging challenges are fine, but overtuned to this extent is just spirit crushing, and has been causing me to want to play less as I despair of hitting even 36. If this leagues challenges become the new normal, it will probably lead to me burning out and quiting POE much earlier then otherwise.

"
- probably in the minority, but I enjoyed the delve encounters IV (post nerf) got 4 of the rare ones + unspeakable shrine and redblade something, their rarity was justifiable.

I'm with you on this one. Encouners IV seems good now after they added the extra qualifying nodes and buffed node occurances. It was horrible before the change though.

Also, the Delve Boss challenges are just the dumbest thing ever. It's ok to have Challenges where you have to defeat the boss under a variety of easy to fail conditions. Its ok to have challenges to encounter very rare and hard to find bosses. It's absolutely not ok to require you to kill ultra-rare bosses in 4-5 easy to fail specific ways. We need to have repeated access to bosses if you want to have 'kill these different ways' challenges so that we can have a learning curve without buying access from other players.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Nov 14, 2018, 3:51:51 PM
"
pr13st wrote:

is this a new meme?

"
TheBagman wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:

I think you and I may have different definitions of 'casual', but ok. You got 40/40 with 3 weeks left. Working as intended. If anyone could complete it easily, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.

Yup. At my play level 40/40 is impossible. Even 36 for all the cosmetics is more than I'm ever likely to see.

And I'm okay with that. Though I really would like to have that Delve portal effect.
"
pr13st wrote:

While i cant comment of the existence of your family or job, with 40 challenges completed, I would say that it is safe to assert that this claim is false.
If you're casual you get 24 or less like me. The 40 is same type of grind to 100. First 96-97 levels easy then it gets like 1000 maps per level after that. First 24 are easy then it get way too grindy too.
Git R Dun!
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:

is this a new meme?

20-25 hours per weeek = casual, no? Of course, I'm a meta slave and play optimal builds so there's that.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info