{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Hey again :D

My lerning curve have been steep and is still rising thx to this guide and all that contribute.

Could you be so kind to look over my character and see what should be my next step?

https://pastebin.com/8LMeD5iz

I'm not sure if I soulh go for this amulet due to better dmg, allthou my dmg at this point seems fine or go for the one I got fitted for survival.
Leaning towards Survival.

For dmg
Currently fitted for survival

Last edited by Tklaebo on Jan 7, 2019, 5:42:38 AM
"
Tklaebo wrote:

If you're dying more often than you're comfortable with, go Survival.
Otherwise, go DPS.

"

What is your budget? 10-20 chaos? An exalt? Many exalts?

Passive Tree
* You are giving up +20% Maximum Life by not pathing through Blood Drinker. You're missing the 6% life node next to Devotion. That would get you above 4000 life.

Resists
* your Fire Resist is 74%. This is not a case of "no big deal because it's only one point under 75%." You can read up on resist mechanics on the wiki to know why this is a big hit to your effective life.

Jewels
* Sell the Cataclysm Stone jewel. You don't need the cast speed increase or the chance to shock.
* Foul Sphere has the all-important "damage to spells", but no life. Try and buy a jewel with both.
* Replace Unending Hunger with a flat life minion jewel if you're dying too much.
* Hollow Arbiter has only +26 life. Find a gem with Hinder and more life.
* Replace Violent Dead with a +45 life minion gem. Zombies in this build are not raging DPS machines. That is the role for skeletons.
* Gale Ruin has 5% maximum life. You will eventually want to replace this with a jewel with +45 or more flat life.
* The Ghastly Eye in your belt is there for Hinder. But you've got a better jewel for that, so this is useless. You can try hitting it with a Orb of Augmentation and then a Regal Orb, to see if you get something better than the Hollow Arbiter jewel.
* Finally, get minion jewels with Blind and Taunt.

Flasks:
* Most of your flasks are not at 20% quality. See the wiki page on "Glassblower's Bauble" for the vendor recipe to turn an otherwise useless currency into baubles.
* See my previous post in this thread for my comments about dropping Quicksilver flasks when you're having trouble staying alive.
* A Sapphire Flask? Really? Replace with something that gives you evasion or armor.
* Your minions aren't going to be saved by the "of Animation" flask. You won't be saved by an Avengers flask. Replace with one Panicked and one Seething flask.
* You want Staunching, Heat, Dousing, Grounding, and Curing flasks.

Minions
* Are you using Frost Sentinels and Solar Guards?
* If your Zombies are not dying, give them more DPS by replacing Minion Life with Added Fire.

Gear
* your Unset Ring is underwhelming. Upgrade to a shaper ring with "+X life gained for each enemy hit by your spells" via http://poe.trade/search/seriwoturiugem . Presto! Channeling ball lightning causes self-healing.

Skills
* Get 20% quality on Faster Attacks and Fortify. This will increase survivability.
* Because of the jewel granting damage, you can replace Lesser Poison with Greater Multiple Projectiles. Combine that with a new unset ring for major self-healing.
Here's a Pastebin link for those using Path Of Building:

https://pastebin.com/PB2rsJEk
I have a unique gem that will help this build out if anyone is interested add me

Can you explain step by step how to create metacrafted Claw?

The method in poe.wiki assumes the staff has "+ maximum mana" crafted on it (to ensure +1 gem lvl will roll off of exalted orb), we certainly don't want this affix on our claw.

What do?
Hello op, This was my first serious summoner. I wanted to thank you for the detailed guide, It was the first one I read and helped me understand how to get started.

Once i had a better idea how summoners worked I made a bunch of changes to suit my preference, but the core spectres/phantasms for clear and skeleton warriors for bosses remains.

some changes I made:

mind over matter: I have 9000+ life+mana while clearing and 10000+ while bossing. Unfortunately flasks cant keep up and I am not using the leech set up you have so I built a lot of regen. I only oom on no regen maps vs single targets. The correct ratio is 43%.

Phase run: I don't really like shield charge, especially in narrow maps like delve. I chose not to use herald of agony or the charged dash setup. with quicksilver+silver+phase run I reach +173 movespeed.

I prefer 3 solar guards + phantasms with faster projectiles, gmp, controlled destruction, summon phantasm, minion damage. Frost sentinels don't allow me to see whats on the screen.

block over dodge: Cant reach the cap but at least I don't have to path all the way to acrobatics- unfortunately I have to get a bit of dex on gear for gems.

fire golems: hungry loop with gmp, spell echo, minion damage, combustion.
helps with clear and are really fun, takes up 4 jewels and a ring slot So i'm taking them out for endgame bosses.

temporal chains+hinder+maim= syndicate members cant catch me, cant damage me. tag them with curse, skeletons, run in circles around them till their dead.

I do use zombies for mapping, although they don't do much but get in the way. For bosses I have swapped them out for lightning warp.

Overall this is by far the best character I have had, clearing t15 is fast and easy, just run strait through packs and minions kill everything. I beat the syndicate mastermind, guardians were easy, shapers next.

Also a PSA i got a syndicate bench from vorici that gave me 3 white sockets on my chest- This allows me to use pretty much any spectre setup I like, clearing solars+phantasms, vangaurds, fire eaters. Idk how to force this bench to appear but probably related to vorici.

Last edited by lildudespider3 on Jan 9, 2019, 4:30:10 PM
@ everyone:
For all those who've asked for me to look at their gear, I have added a generic checklist in the FAQ. Use that first.

I've also updated my policy on PMs and ingame whispers asking questions about the build. This is in the FAQ as well.

Those who I have yet to respond to from page 48+, don't worry, you're in my backlog. Been busy.

@ lildudespider3:
"
Hello op, This was my first serious summoner. I wanted to thank you for the detailed guide, It was the first one I read and helped me understand how to get started.

Once i had a better idea how summoners worked I made a bunch of changes to suit my preference, but the core spectres/phantasms for clear and skeleton warriors for bosses remains.

some changes I made:

mind over matter: I have 9000+ life+mana while clearing and 10000+ while bossing. Unfortunately flasks cant keep up and I am not using the leech set up you have so I built a lot of regen. I only oom on no regen maps vs single targets. The correct ratio is 43%.

Phase run: I don't really like shield charge, especially in narrow maps like delve. I chose not to use herald of agony or the charged dash setup. with quicksilver+silver+phase run I reach +173 movespeed.

I prefer 3 solar guards + phantasms with faster projectiles, gmp, controlled destruction, summon phantasm, minion damage. Frost sentinels don't allow me to see whats on the screen.

block over dodge: Cant reach the cap but at least I don't have to path all the way to acrobatics- unfortunately I have to get a bit of dex on gear for gems.

fire golems: hungry loop with gmp, spell echo, minion damage, combustion.
helps with clear and are really fun, takes up 4 jewels and a ring slot So i'm taking them out for endgame bosses.

temporal chains+hinder+maim= syndicate members cant catch me, cant damage me. tag them with curse, skeletons, run in circles around them till their dead.

I do use zombies for mapping, although they don't do much but get in the way. For bosses I have swapped them out for lightning warp.

Overall this is by far the best character I have had, clearing t15 is fast and easy, just run strait through packs and minions kill everything. I beat the syndicate mastermind, guardians were easy, shapers next.

Nice! You're pretty much playing my predecessor builds that lead up to Speaker for the Dead, including even using Flame Golems. At one point I had them as my Phantasm spawners, but it wasn't as reliable due to their shorter range while competing against Spectres for kills.

Just be aware your boss-oriented Spectres deal 177k each (532k total) and your Skeletons deal 90k each (899k total), for a grand total of 1,430,988 DPS (Pastebin).

Whereas this build is at least ~4.6M vs bosses when you gem-swap Spectres, and another 6.7M while Vaal Skeletons are up (11.5M total). Before all these new crafts, too.

1.4M DPS will get you through most content, and the hardest stuff will just take longer. Red tier map bosses only have 2.5M life, before mods. In that respect, a gain of 3.2k eHP is great. But mana recovery will be a pain. Damage Taken Gained as Mana is really nice for that, which can now be crafted on both rings and amulet. Look into life and mana gain on block for your shield, too.

The reason I eventually began pushing DPS started during Incursion League, when I felt damage was lackluster in clearing high-tier Incursions. In Delve, where monsters scale infinitely, I wanted to see how far I could take my Summoner DPS.

"
Also a PSA i got a syndicate bench from vorici that gave me 3 white sockets on my chest- This allows me to use pretty much any spectre setup I like, clearing solars+phantasms, vangaurds, fire eaters. Idk how to force this bench to appear but probably related to vorici.

Vorici must be a member of Research.

@ zackforbing and NameOfMyLady:
"
zackforbing wrote:
I have zero experience crafting with exalts and the +3 bow doesn't quite make sense. can you lay out exactly the steps to get the +1? is it guaranteed, since the maim is a suffix instead of a prefix like on the bow? if it isn't guaranteed, I'm probably gonna leave this lay.
"
NameOfMyLady wrote:
Can you explain step by step how to create metacrafted Claw?

The method in poe.wiki assumes the staff has "+ maximum mana" crafted on it (to ensure +1 gem lvl will roll off of exalted orb), we certainly don't want this affix on our claw.

What do?

Here's something that was apparently written by Uber (Source):
"
Note: Annuls are 3:1ex on HC at the time of writing this. With SC prices (8:1ex), a different method that uses less exalts and more annulments might be more efficient.

For crafting Maim +3 mace:

1. Alt spam an ilvl 75 shaper 2 handed mace until level 20 maim (ideally by itself). Can use 18 maim, but if you're spending this much on a mace why settle for less than 20

2. Regal. If you hit +1 gems, don't annul (unless there's another affix)

3. Try to annul the affix you get. If you remove Maim, start over

4. You should now have a 1 stat rare with Maim. Craft Multimod + Cannot roll Attack Modifiers and exalt.

5. If you don't hit +1 gems, add "Suffixes can't be changed" and scour the item, then try to exalt again -- repeat until +1 gems.

6. Remove crafted mods, and add a mod with quality bonus to jeweller and 6 link the item.

7. Multimod, Minion Damage + Life (39-45%), +2 to Level of Support Gems, Minion Attack + Cast Speed (25-28%).

Q: Why multimod with the cannot roll attack mods?
A: This makes it so you can't exalt a suffix, and also enables you to scour the Cast on Melee Kill off. It saves time, although might be more expensive than other methods if exalts are really expensive and annuls are really cheap.

Q: Why the quality bonus before multimodding the rest of the stats?
A: More chance of 6 link. Will save you fuses unless you decide to force 6 link with 1500 fuses. Also might be worth using perfect fossils to get a higher base quality before working on the mace.

Cannot Roll Attack Mods blocks most errant possibilities on claw. We might still get +mana or one of two Shaper mods for physical damage conversion (cold or lightning). So that's a 1/4 chance before any weighting and assuming tiers are a separate roll (might not be).

I can't find a proper list of affix weights. Some people are saying the values are kept server-side. Based on this spawn weight list someone made from ID'ing and using Transmutes, +1 gems (Paragon's) is rarer than most (other tests).

Beast crafting offers some possibilities, namely between Mod Splitting and Magic Imprints. Einhar will offer Bestiary Orbs next patch, too, so we'll be able to buy any necessary animals. The animals for these particular recipes will probably end up as expensive, though.

If gambling for +1 is too expensive and you only have Maim, then the +2 to Supports craft is fine as a replacement for +1. With Empower, both are effectively worth +2 levels. Having both would mean more life for Zombies, and more damage/accuracy for Agony Crawler & Zombies. That's all.

@ Tklaebo:
"
Tklaebo wrote:
Hey again :D

My lerning curve have been steep and is still rising thx to this guide and all that contribute.

Could you be so kind to look over my character and see what should be my next step?

I'm not sure if I soulh go for this amulet due to better dmg, allthou my dmg at this point seems fine or go for the one I got fitted for survival.

For dmg
Currently fitted for survival

The DPS gain from Sidhebreath is negligible. If you want a DPS necklace, I'd go for a rare amulet with +1 Skeletons. You could then craft +1 minimum Endurance Charges for more physical damage reduction, or 10% chance to summon Spectral Wolves on Kill (Jorgin unveil) for more minion fun.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 10, 2019, 6:38:15 AM
Shaper down! deathless, my first ever. My oversized health pool came in handy, I ate a slam and tanked beam cause I have no idea what im doing but survived. My dps is good enough for that fight at least, 3 balls spawned total.

Damage Taken Gained as Mana is really nice for that, which can now be crafted on both rings and amulet. Look into life and mana gain on block for your shield, too.

I agree, I have 9% right now and it helps, could be better.

Alright, i did most of all what you suggested and im barely dying now.

How would i go about maximising my dps? all i can think of is gain more levels for jewel slots, and maybe upgrade my gloves? sidehebreathe is almost max rolled unsure of a better amulet. maybe some gem changeS?
hello again !

ive been progressing well for now but on t14-15 bosses my zombies cannot stay alive and idk what to do or invest next.

if you check my skilltree, you can see that there is an empty socket jewel and i would be appreciated if you guide me what to invest next :)

i truly cannot decide i should go for taunt/blind or minion res (which i already 7% from another jewel but i assume its not enough)...

also i just wonder that if u were a loreweave user what would u do to make it better overall ?

thanks for the build again.. im truly enjoying the game atm !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info