{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Notelrac wrote:
"
Nezöu wrote:
I'm having some problems keeping my specters alive on T10-T15 maps

Make sure that your spectres are high level. They are the lowest of: level of desecrate gem, level of raise spectre gem, level of area you cast desecrate.

Go back to the first page of this thread. Go to the "NEW PLAYER GUIDES" section and click "Minions Explained". Read the SPECTRES 101 section.

To get level 84 spectres, you must summon from:
* Shaper level
* an abyss in a Guardian level
* Delve level 270 or below
* the final level of Oba's Cursed Trove

It's fine. My Desecrate gem wasn't leveled enough.

Thank you for your answer.
Last edited by Nezöu on Jan 4, 2019, 9:43:46 AM
First of all im truly glad that u really take care the newbies as i am...

have been playing for a while and i just wonder that what if i swap the movement skill to whirling blade which i feek much more better on it ?

also, ive been regarding to use my 6l loreweave from my league begginer instead of belly but could not figure out that it is a problem for EE or not...

again, thanks for the build mate !
Hey there! Absolutely loving this build so far-the farthest I've ever gone in PoE!

2 quick questions: I just got this:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Earendel%27s_Embrace

it seems like it would be really good for this build but I wanted to double check-should I use it?

second: I just got to act 8 and I just ran into some Infernal Sentinels, would these be better than my current Flame Sentinels?

Thanks again for this amazing guide!
@ KingNathan:
"
KingNathan wrote:
Hey, could you tell me how good I am doing on my char atm? just hit act 5 and i feel like all of these gems take up a lot of space and does not make sense for me having both of them.

What I mean by this is why do i have ball lightning and FP? the guide does tell me to use both, though.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KingNathan/characters

http://prntscr.com/m2vvxq

in the green box i did not have enough space to link the two gonna be hard for me at this point. the ones in red are what im talking about.

By FP, you mean Freezing Pulse? In the format legend in the bottom right corner, it says when gems go missing that means they were moved, dropped, or replaced. Each LvlX: is the entire set of gems for that level.

I would've liked to do a strikethrough, but space was an issue.

@ sercanutk:
"
sercanutk wrote:
First of all im truly glad that u really take care the newbies as i am...

have been playing for a while and i just wonder that what if i swap the movement skill to whirling blade which i feek much more better on it ?

You can use Whirling Blades if you prefer. Its instantaneous movement has advantages in situations where your movement speed is crippled. Just note that overall it will be slower, due to a much longer end pause, and the distance you move is fixed between two lengths. This has the risk of getting you into trouble by under/overshooting your target destination. It has far less AOE, too, so Fortify will tend to be up less often.

"
sercanutk wrote:
also, ive been regarding to use my 6l loreweave from my league begginer instead of belly but could not figure out that it is a problem for EE or not...

again, thanks for the build mate !

An 80% max resist Loreweave is 20% less Elemental Damage taken, so like Fortify this equals 25% more life, but only against Elemental Damage. If Loreweave also has 60 life and 24 STR, that's 216 life @ 200% life.

Belly of the Beast is 880 life @ 2200 flat life. That's 664 life above Loreweave. If you have 6600 total life (200% life * 2200 flat life), 664 is ~10% more life against All Damage. If you have less than 200% life, the value of Belly of the Beast increases. If you have less than 2200 flat life, its value decreases. There's also the 15% resistances and 50% life recovery rate from flasks to consider.

Lore = 0% vs Physical, 0% vs Chaos, 25% vs Fire, 25% vs Cold, 25% vs Lightning.
Belly = 10% vs Physical, 10% vs Chaos, 10% vs Fire, 10% vs Cold, 10% vs Lightning.

So Loreweave can be competitive when life/attributes/max resists are perfect. Its biggest weakness would be Physical Damage Spells, such as from It That Fled.

@ Revets315:
"
Revets315 wrote:
Hey there! Absolutely loving this build so far-the farthest I've ever gone in PoE!

2 quick questions: I just got this:

it seems like it would be really good for this build but I wanted to double check-should I use it?

Earendel's Embrace is bad for this build. We do not want our Skeletons dying. Avatar of Fire cuts their melee damage in half, because it only converts half. Even using Physical to Lightning Support results in a loss. We do very little Fire Damage, so Ash has little impact.

"
Revets315 wrote:
second: I just got to act 8 and I just ran into some Infernal Sentinels, would these be better than my current Flame Sentinels?

Thanks again for this amazing guide!

Infernal Sentinels are inferior Spectres. Their area coverage is tiny, they won't benefit from Projectile Weakness, and their cascade spell locks them in place.

Act 8 is when you can switch to Frost Sentinels, the main Spectres for our build. You can get them from Lunaris Concourse/Harbour Bridge. Be sure to read Spectres 101 in Minions Explained if you haven't already!
thanks for the feedbacks !

i also wonder when minions will be able to survive on bosses or rare mobs ?

im lv31 atm and any syndicate member mess me up and in the middle of the fight i have to run away mostly :)

as i ve experienced every build has some point that takes everything into another level by ascendency or skill nodes and this is what ive been wondering...
"
Revets315 wrote:

1. Earendel's Embrace is not optimal. This build is qualitatively different from most spectre builds, in that our boss-killing comes from skeletons. Spectres continue to clear trash mobs, but any time you see a yellow mob you should use one click or keypress and drop three skeletons on their ass.

The weakness of most spectre builds is that they do elemental damage, which most bosses resist. Skeletons are boss-killers because they:
1. do their base physical damage
2. do chaos (poison) damage via 40 stacks of Virulence from the Agony Crawler

As another commented noted, Earendel's Embrace weakens their ability to kill bosses because it:
a) converts half that yummy physical damage to elemental damage
b) shortens the life of the skeletons, meaning that during a boss fight you have to stop channeling ball lighting to resummon them, which lowers your Virulence stacks

The shield also "covers in Ash", a 4 second move debuff. But the boss should already be maimed, hindered, and blinded. 20% less movement would be nice, but not worth the other downsides. And the 20% more fire damage taken doesn't impact the skeleton's boss-killing physical damage.

"
Revets315 wrote:
I just got to act 8 and I just ran into some Infernal Sentinels, would these be better than my current Flame Sentinels?

No. Infernal Sentinels suck. They take too long to get their attack off, and it does trivial damage.

You want two Frost Sentinels. If you have +1 spectre boots, your third spectre should be a Solar Guard.

Why a SG and not a third Frostbro?
1. Because two Frostbros are enough to chill/freeze whatever is around
2. It's fire damage for trash that is cold-resistant
2. The SG have a nuke (the beam) every four seconds that sounds way cool
"
sercanutk wrote:
i also wonder when minions will be able to survive on bosses or rare mobs... every build has some point that takes everything into another level by ascendency or skill nodes

Your first Ascendency pick is Invoker, which grants another 30% life. On the passive tree, Sacrifice grants 10%, and when you get to the far left side Righteous Army another 20%. Your third Ascendancy, Soul Weaver, gives your Spectres another 100% and they should never die at that point.

But really -- while leveling, your Zombies are disposable. There's always another corpse to summon them from. And you need to resummon your Spectres every few levels anyway, so that they too go up in levels.

Now, around Act 6 the summonable level of Raise Spectre goes up faster than Desecrate. So buy a cheap piece of gear with "+2 to socketed chaos gems". Unset rings with a green socket are great for this. When you are ready to summon spectres, move your Desecrate gem into the +2 and you will be good to go.

If you really hate resummoning, take a DPS hit and slot in a minion life gem.
Thank you very much for the replies!
last one...

i just dont know which skill nodes to go after act5...

ive completed all u give on leveling guide but now im lost and have no idea where i should go.
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ KingNathan:
"
KingNathan wrote:
Hey, could you tell me how good I am doing on my char atm? just hit act 5 and i feel like all of these gems take up a lot of space and does not make sense for me having both of them.

What I mean by this is why do i have ball lightning and FP? the guide does tell me to use both, though.

http://prntscr.com/m2vvxq

in the green box i did not have enough space to link the two gonna be hard for me at this point. the ones in red are what im talking about.

By FP, you mean Freezing Pulse? In the format legend in the bottom right corner, it says when gems go missing that means they were moved, dropped, or replaced. Each LvlX: is the entire set of gems for that level.

I would've liked to do a strikethrough, but space was an issue.

Thanks, and could you tell me what else I can do to improve my character, i seem to be getting 2-3 shot in the higher tier maps (not even red)

(CallUponTheDead)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info