{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
sercanutk wrote:
i just dont know which skill nodes to go after act5

Are you short on Dexterity? Go right and pick up the +10 Dex nodes. Do you need Strength? Go right.

Are you dying a lot? Go right and get Phase Acrobatics.

Are you staying alive but you're having trouble killing mobs fast enough? Go left and pick up Righteous Army + Spiritual Aid + Redemption.

Do you have a gem with +X damage to spells? Get a socket.

Don't be afraid to make temporary selections. You can do quests that give you the ability to refund passives. And if you run out, use an Orb of Regret.
Love this build, great job on the guide.

I just got to 7k health @ lvl 92----- couple of things I did differently that seems to really make a difference. I found a helm with socketed gems gain + 16 minion health and +18 minion damage...helm also has minions have 16% max life and minions deal 23% increased damage. I put zombies in that with vile toxins, melee phy dmg, and fortify support gems. My zombies rarely die now...when coupled with Severed in Sleep Cutlass their damage is nuts. I grabbed the +2 zombies talent as well so I am running 10 now.

Magna Eclipsis also gives you another 1k life buffer vs spells every few seconds, so that is nice.

The boots I found happened to have +2 to chaos gems....which gives Herald +2.

Can check out my setup here : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wharhogg/characters
"
KingNathan wrote:
could you tell me what else I can do to improve my character

On your passive tree: You didn't path through Blood Drinker on your way to Acrobatics. That's a massive 20% to life. Fire up Path of Building and see how much more health that would give you.

Since you're dying, its time to swap gear that enhances DPS for gear that enhances survivability. So...

* A Silver Flask (Onslaught) is offensive. Replace it with either Jade or Granite. (Again, use Path of Building to see which gives more effective defence.)

* Drop the Quicksilver flask for a Stibnite to go along with that Jade.

* You have only three minion jewels, with +29, +30, +30 flat health. Bump them up to above +45. (Don't try for +50, there is a premium for perfection.)

* Your minion jewels do not inflict taunt, blind, or hinder. The purpose of the debuffs are to ensure that mobs are less interested in hitting you.

* Swap out Unending Hunger for another minion gem with flat life.

* Look for a Stygian Vise with health and resists, and socket yet another minion jewel.

* Temporarily sideline Victario's Charity in favor of a rare with Life and resists.

For further study:

* See https://pastebin.com/7ZV6hV3c for an example of how I've used the above to get 7,130 health.

* See https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Mark-of-Submission&skill=Raise-Spectre&sort=life&heatmap for other people using this build.
"
Hercanic wrote:

@ zackforbing:
"
zackforbing wrote:
oh damn, I noticed there is a +2 to socketed support gems for weapon too...not sure which would be overall better? that'd be ANOTHER two levels to zombies and the crawler, but the spectres and skellies wouldn't get buffed at all, vs 28% increased life and damage to ALL your minions.

would you go for an elder bone helm? only one available in the market right now, and it's 10ex, but might be something to shoot for with crafting since we have Guff's free crafting available.

Crafting mods
Prefix: Minions have 28% increased Damage/Life (4c)
Prefix: +2 to Socketed Support Gems (1ex)
Suffix: Minions have 15% increased Attack/Cast Speed (4c)
Suffix: Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (2ex)

Shaper mods
Prefix: +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Prefix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Added Fire Damage
Suffix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Maim

Possible claw
Prefix: +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Suffix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Maim
Suffix: Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (2ex)
Prefix: Minions have 28% increased Damage/Life (4c)
Prefix: +2 to Socketed Support Gems (1ex)
Suffix: Minions have 15% increased Attack/Cast Speed (4c)

You could craft this using a variant of the metacrafting method, aiming for Maim on a scoured Shaper Gemini Claw and then following this method to get +1.

(Note: I am valuing +2 to Supports above Added Fire since it's a similar damage boost while having no mana multiplier as well as increasing Zombie life.)

As for a Bone Helm, the 40% increased Minion Damage implicit is better than most Labyrinth enchantments you're likely to get.

I have zero experience crafting with exalts and the +3 bow doesn't quite make sense. can you lay out exactly the steps to get the +1? is it guaranteed, since the maim is a suffix instead of a prefix like on the bow? if it isn't guaranteed, I'm probably gonna leave this lay.
I started the game this league, and this is the first build I'm playing, mostly because of how beginner-friendly the guide is. So thanks for that!

I was wondering, would you (or anyone) mind looking at my character and letting me know what I need to be working towards next? I've started to hit a few roadblocks around T11-12 maps, and I'm dying more often than I'd like. I feel like my defense just isn't as good as it should be, but I don't know what I should do now to improve it.

I only have about 1 exalt worth of chaos to work with, so should I just be gathering currency and getting the top-end stuff now (like a Belly of the Beast, for example), or is there anything else I could do to improve more quickly?

Here's my Path of Building pastebin: https://pastebin.com/udNaB3Jr

Thank you for your time.
"
JamDrum wrote:
I only have about 1 exalt worth of chaos to work with

According to Path of Building, upgrading to Belly would give you about 300 life. Unfortunately, getting it 6linked would cost far more than your budget. Instead, see below on how to upgrade various gear pieces for no more than 25-30c each.

Path of Exile has a progression curve. Yellow maps are harder than white, and red maps are substantially harder than yellow. Dying when you attempt to transition is expected. Dying to Betrayal mobs is quite common in this league, and if that is your major pain point then research how to "block" them from happening.

Your passive tree looks standard.
* recover the +30 Dex "Agility" node.
* if you can get a single more strength point or lower the level of Shield Charge, you can recover the +30 Str "Might" passive.
* your next jewel slot should be the one at 9 o'clock that requires taking two strength points to path to it. (Which would give you 20 strength back, as well as the life that goes with it.)

Skill gems:
* Empower 2 is sorta useful, but only a sidegrade from Added Fire. Consider leveling it in a weapon swap with +7% quality for faster leveling. If you have the GCPs, you can also get empower to +20% quality.
* For tough bosses, you should have gems for a sixlink of: Raise Spectre, Minion Damage, Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction, Slower Projectiles (or another green), and Vile Toxins. I can't tell if you're keeping these in your inventory, because your PoB pastebin does not have any weapon swaps.
* Research in the wiki to see what gems are worth leveling to +20% quality. For example: "Faster Attacks" quality makes your shield charge even faster. Fortify quality makes the buff last longer. See my post earlier in this thread on how to slowly level up a few gems from lvl1 to lvl14 at a time.

Flasks:
* Most of your flasks are not at 20% quality. See the wiki page on "Glassblower's Bauble" for the vendor recipe to turn an otherwise useless currency into baubles.
* See my previous post in this thread for my comments about dropping Quicksilver or Silver flask flasks when you're having trouble staying alive.
* When clearing or fighting tough boss monsters, you should not be standing still long enough to benefit from a Sulfur consecrated ground. Your minions shouldn't need it, either.

Jewels:
* See my previous post about sidelining Unending Hunger and upgrading to +45 or above flat life.
* Hit that magic Sanguine Hypnotic Eye with a regal, and hope for a beneficial mod.

Gear:
* Your fire/cold/lightning resists are overcapped by 16/14/20%. This gives you some wiggle room as you upgrade your gear.
* your Unset Ring is underwhelming. Upgrade to a shaper ring with "+X life gained for each enemy hit by your spells" via http://poe.trade/search/seriwoturiugem . Presto! Channeling ball lightning causes self-healing.
* You're only getting 85 life from your belt. Lots of cheap improvements via http://poe.trade/search/usiusitikarusi
* Sideline Victario's Charity for a shield with serious life (>120) and resists.
* Learn how to use the "Click here to perform this search in Live mode" on poe.trade. Set up a search query for your ideal upgrade. Push the button. Listen for the little "bloop" when someone posts gear that fit your criteria. See my second example for how you can set an upper bound on how much you're willing to spend.

Last edited by Notelrac on Jan 6, 2019, 10:21:26 AM
Just have an interesting point to discuss with you guys, and hopefully I can come away with some clarity on this point, because I don't think I quite understand why the Zombie Gem is in my Claw and my Skeleton Gem is in my Helmet.

Because I'm thinking that my helmet at the moment is making my skeletons more powerful.

But shouldn't I be trying to make my Zombies more powerful and with more survive-ability?

Please have a look at my setup, and tell me what you think if I swapped the skeleton and Zombie Gem. What do you think of this? Would it be a bad move or not and why?

------------

My second question is, are there any good enchantments for us from Uber Lab?
Last edited by ArmedCiv on Jan 6, 2019, 2:58:59 PM
Thank you for this guide! I agree it's a work of art, you have a way with words! First time summoner and i'm having a blast! Thanks again!

"
ArmedCiv wrote:
I [don't] quite understand why the Zombie Gem is in my Claw and my Skeleton Gem is in my Helmet.

I'm not the build creator, just an avid fan. Here's my take on it.

Zombies are meat shields. They're always there for you. Anything your spectres don't clear immediately will be taunted/hindered/blinded, and the zombies apply maim. This gives you a chance to get away from it until you can summon skeletons.

Skeletons are yellow mob and boss killers. Drop 3 or 6 skeletons on it, zip away, and fire off ball lightning to build up 40 Virulence stacks from the Agony Crawler.

So... Skeletons go in the 4-link (with another 1 or 2 from the helm). Zombies and the Agony Crawler get 2-linked with Maim and whatever is on the weapon.

"
My second question is, are there any good enchantments for us from Uber Lab?

No idea. But I'm glad I don't have to try and put one on the helmet this build calls for...
Last edited by Notelrac on Jan 6, 2019, 8:47:08 PM
this is the worst piece of garbage i've ever seen in my life, thanks for wasting my time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info