{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

How good would The Queen's Hunger be for this build?
@ explay:
"
explay wrote:

This has been asked a few times, so I've added the answer to the FAQ. It's second from the bottom.

@ mtwilliams717:
"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
Dont sweat people like him. He is just a jerk. I just downed shaper(my 2nd time ever) with this build. COULD have done it deathless. Made it to the last round and died twice.. but thats because of my slow reaction time not the build. Having a blast with this build. Last major upgrade I need is claws with life gained on hit / maim/ +1 to socketed gems. Seems IMPOSSIBLE to find one :(((((.. Going to try uber elder for the first time. Currently at 7100 health. I have accomplished all this with not looting ONE exalted(and no major white item drops) this league currently lvl 95. Your build is truly amazing and a blast to play, great job man.

Congrats on your Shaper kill!

"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
I know you have been asked this a million times in this thread and I am sure it gets annoying, but would you mind taking a look at my character and passives for any late game suggestions? I know I still need the +1 to socketed gems on my claw but (i think) I have most of everything else. I know some of my jewels need to be changed though eventually.

ps. I do want to get a lvl 21(quality 20) zombie gem but they are expensive and due to looting not one exalted this league or anything worth anything I could barely afford the 6 link belly. My next upgrades unless you find anything more important is going to be a lvl 21 zombie gem and a +1 to socketed gems claws with maim and life gained on hit.

Have you gone over the gear check in the FAQ?

L21/Q20 Zombies and +1 claw will add a lot of life to Zombies, increasing their survival (and your own through the phys reduction).

Minion resistances on jewels (10% x2) will be necessary against Uber Elder.

Minion blind, taunt, and hinder are nice defensive buffs on jewels.

T1 life (46-50) on jewels will be what you want to aim for. You have 158 life from jewels right now. This could be 250 with 5 jewels. So you're short 100 possible life. At 246% life, 100 would give you 346 additional life, putting you at 7418 total life.

21/20 minion gems. Between 21/0 and 20/20 for Vaal Skeletons, levels have more impact.

20% Quality on Projectile Weakness is worth another 10 gem levels.

L21 on Phantasms = +1 Phantasm
L21 on Elemental Proliferation = +1 Radius
L21 on Vile Toxins = 5% more damage

Stygian Vise belt = another jewel

+3 w/ Minion Damage helm = a lot more Skeleton damage. Since your current helmet does not have Minion Damage, you can use the Minion Damage gem instead of Vile Toxins.

There's a helm craft that can add +1/+1 Skeletons/Zombies (= phys reduction).

A second pair of gloves with a red socket will let you use Fortify on Charged Dash, keeping it up far more reliably than Shield Charge. You'll only need this pair in the hardest/riskiest encounters (e.g. Elder). You can use the red socket on Shield Charge for something else during these times, too (e.g. Dread Banner if you have enough mana for it, or a Chaos Golem for more phys reduction in a second Victario's Charity colored 1R1G1B).

@ ArmedCiv:
"
ArmedCiv wrote:
Thank you Hercanic,

Thank you for explaining that, it makes more sense to me now...Your answers are always informative relevant, precise and valued... just as your build is deliberate and well made. Highly respect your wealth of knowledge on your build and the game, really helps a lot to follow along and as the build develops and evolves.

I will keep a look out for those Uber Lab enchantments, especially for the gloves and helmet, don't want to lose my resists from my boots for an enchantment, i think.

Good luck! =oD
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 14, 2019, 9:00:27 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ explay:
"
explay wrote:

This has been asked a few times, so I've added the answer to the FAQ. It's second from the bottom.

Thanks for the answer, so if I'd use the queen's hunger should I swap the spirit offering for desecrate or maybe immortal call?
Last edited by explay on Jan 15, 2019, 5:53:06 AM
Realy nice build ! But i have some problems with my zombies dying a lot...I have empower 4, 21/20 zombie +1lvl weapon and on a fight like Hydra, they got OS, i don't understand why...

I have for the moment 4Ex left, what would you change first ?

Im realy laking life, i have only 4.9k Hp...
loving this build. have never been serious about end game maps before, would complete the main story and get up to around level 60 and start something new. now up to lvl 88 with this and up to level 7 and 8 maps. I know, kid's play for most of you but quite new for me. just had the elder guardians appear on the map but haven't been brave enough to try them just yet as I need to shop for better gear, especially for life.

but the reason for this post is a couple of questions.

I just found my first shaper item that could be of use. doesn't have the +1 to gems but does have the maim mod on it, so an improvement on my current weapon. I don't have any empower gems yet, so wanted to see what would be the next best option to slot. I was thinking added fire as it was on your list of things to look for as an added mod to a shaper weapon.

does LoH from attacks, like the usual default mod on claws, do anything for us? I see it mentioned in several posts but I thought that activated on a melee attack, not spells. I thought we needed a source that states it is LoH from spells, like you have on the shaper ring in your item section, so ball lightning would trigger it.

thanks for the great guide and even more, your obvious desire to help others enjoy this play style
I bought a better weapon :

Now looking for a better belt, to be capt with cold res and not overcaped in fire
@ explay:
"
explay wrote:
Thanks for the answer, so if I'd use the queen's hunger should I swap the spirit offering for desecrate or maybe immortal call?

Yep, you want to ensure there are corpses for the auto-Offering.

@ Uriacesjaces:
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
Realy nice build ! But i have some problems with my zombies dying a lot...I have empower 4, 21/20 zombie +1lvl weapon and on a fight like Hydra, they got OS, i don't understand why...

I have for the moment 4Ex left, what would you change first ?

Your Zombies only have 55% elemental resistances. Compared to ones with 75%, your Zombies are taking nearly double damage from Hydra. You want two jewels with 10% minion resistances. You can replace Whispering Glare and Ancient Orb.

"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
Im realy laking life, i have only 4.9k Hp...

This build has easy access to 221% life on the tree. You only have 131%. Part of the problem is you have passive points in places where you don't need right now.

At the top-middle of the ingame passive tree, there's a button to Respec, allowing you to unallocate passives to get the points back.

You don't need Practical Applications or Might. You also won't need Agility if you take the Shadow jewel socket, but for now keep Agility so you can still use Herald of Agony (requires 159 DEX). That gives you three points back.

You also don't need the two 3-point jewel sockets by the big Scion life wheel. There are cheaper jewel sockets you have not yet taken. The first is between the Witch and Shadow starting area, below the Pain Attunement keystone. The second is south of Acrobatics, above Herbalism. Switching to these 2-point jewel sockets will save you another two points.

Take back the extra life node you took below Constitution. There are better life nodes you have not yet taken.

You should now have 6 points. Spend 3 points to get Devotion, 2 points to get Heart and Soul, and the final point on Blood Drinker. Altogether this will give you 35% life, 20% mana, 30 STR, and 3% increased effect of Hatred.

Note: You are receiving 58 STR from your items. This gives you plenty of STR to use L20 Shield Charge. However, if you ever change out your helm or belt, this may no longer be the case (155 STR required). We don't need a max level Shield Charge, so the problem would be easily remedied by buying a new level 1 Shield Charge.

Most of your gems do not have quality. If you aren't aware, there's a vendor recipe that will give you a level 1 gem with 20% quality in exchange for a L20 gem and a Gemcutter's Prism (GCP).

You can earn GCP with another vendor recipe. It requires either a complete 20% Quality gem (not recommended, better to sell that to another player) or a set of superior gems whose total quality adds up to 40%. So all the ~5% quality gems that drop can be saved up, and then sold in 40% batches to get GCP. Otherwise you can just trade for GCP from other players.

Many gems have nice bonuses from Quality, so definitely look more into it.

You're missing Freeze and Curse immunity on your flasks. Aside from that, your flasks also lack Quality (Glassblower's Bauble).

Quality increases by 5% per Bauble on a white flask (4 Baubles needed), 2% on a magic flask (8 Baubles), and 1% on a Unique flask (20 Baubles). When crafting my own flasks, I like to start with white flasks to save some Baubles. You can buy Baubles from a vendor for 8 Blacksmith's Whetstones (or 24 Armourer's Scrap), so it's not too big of a deal later in the league.

The jewel in your belt is curious. It looks like whoever crafted it didn't realize the minion attack/cast speed is one mod, despite taking up two lines (to see, hold down ALT with Advanced Mod Descriptions enabled in Game Options). So they could have used an Augmentation Orb instead of a Regal. Now it's rare with only two mods, and the only way to add more is with an expensive Exalted Orb. Rank 3 Leo on Research will give a free use of an Exalted Orb. I'd suggest just buying a better jewel, though, and saving the Leo craft for a true 3-mod jewel.

"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
I bought a better weapon :

Now looking for a better belt, to be capt with cold res and not overcaped in fire

The % of Physical Damage as Cold will cause Charged Dash to mess with EE. It also has a lower base attack speed, slowing down Shield Charge. If you still have both weapons, you could try your luck with an Annulment Orb. If it fails, you will have your other weapon as a backup.

If you were to use an Annul on your previous hammer, you could make room for a craft. So there's a 50% chance to remove something you don't need (Melee Splash is nice for Zombies).

If you were to use an Annul on your dagger, there's one mod you definitely don't want (% cold), and one you don't care about (spell crit). If you remove the craft, then the dagger would also have a 50% chance for something you don't need to be removed, but only a 25% chance to delete what you want gone.

@ kendo3:
"
kendo3 wrote:
loving this build. have never been serious about end game maps before, would complete the main story and get up to around level 60 and start something new. now up to lvl 88 with this and up to level 7 and 8 maps. I know, kid's play for most of you but quite new for me. just had the elder guardians appear on the map but haven't been brave enough to try them just yet as I need to shop for better gear, especially for life.

Awesome! I'm glad you're having so much fun! =oD

Elder Guardians shouldn't be too hard. They'll have 1 to 3 stages, depending on whether Elder spawned on a white, yellow, or red map. Each of the four Elder Guardians have two different possible arenas, with different hazards to be wary of. So if you only watch one video of the fight, you might find your own fight looks different. The random arena is the reason, but the boss is the same.

I've got video of me taking on all four on red maps, but haven't uploaded them. They usually die within seconds of starting their phase unless they hop around.

"
kendo3 wrote:
but the reason for this post is a couple of questions.

I just found my first shaper item that could be of use. doesn't have the +1 to gems but does have the maim mod on it, so an improvement on my current weapon. I don't have any empower gems yet, so wanted to see what would be the next best option to slot. I was thinking added fire as it was on your list of things to look for as an added mod to a shaper weapon.

Don't worry about the Added Fire Support affix. That's just bonus damage. +1 will be far more important in the long run for your Zombies' life.

The best claw would be the metamod crafted one I talk about in the Crafting section, which only has +1 and Maim, followed by multi-modding on +2 to Support Gems, Minion Attack/Cast Speed, and Minion Damage/Life.

"
kendo3 wrote:
does LoH from attacks, like the usual default mod on claws, do anything for us? I see it mentioned in several posts but I thought that activated on a melee attack, not spells. I thought we needed a source that states it is LoH from spells, like you have on the shaper ring in your item section, so ball lightning would trigger it.

thanks for the great guide and even more, your obvious desire to help others enjoy this play style

We use both to double up on LGoH. Charged Dash gives us what's on the claw, and Ball Lightning gives us what's on the Shaper ring.

LGoH is scaled by the Damage Effectiveness of the skill. Ball Lightning is 35%, while L20 Charged Dash is 92%. Ball Lightning hits a single target ~20 times per second, while Charged Dash hits a single target around 3.8 times a second. So even though Ball Lightning is only giving us 5.25 LGoH, it hits a huge amount of times. Charged Dash doesn't hit nearly as much, but it has a higher Damage Effectiveness and higher base LGoH, resulting in 140 LGoH from a claw with 40, compared to Ball Lightning's 105 from a ring with 15.

By using both, we can get 245 LGoH per target per second. This gets pretty crazy against packs. Just 30 monsters = 7350 life/sec.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jan 15, 2019, 5:22:38 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:

We use both to double up on LGoH. Charged Dash gives us what's on the claw, and Ball Lightning gives us what's on the Shaper ring.

LGoH is scaled by the Damage Effectiveness of the skill. Ball Lightning is 35%, while L20 Charged Dash is 92%. Ball Lightning hits a single target ~20 times per second, while Charged Dash hits a single target around 3.8 times a second. So even though Ball Lightning is only giving us 5.25 LGoH, it hits a huge amount of times. Charged Dash doesn't hit nearly as much, but it has a higher Damage Effectiveness and higher base LGoH, resulting in 140 LGoH from a claw with 40, compared to Ball Lightning's 105 from a ring with 15.

By using both, we can get 245 LGoH per target per second. This gets pretty crazy against packs. Just 30 monsters = 7350 life/sec.

thank you for such a detailed response. really appreciate your patience in responding to questions like this. I am sure it is second nature to many folks on these forums but there are so many interactions of skills, items, etc that it is difficult for more casual players to grasp how it all fits together. or at least it is for this casual player and appreciate your thoughtful replies.

will have to see how close I am to having the ingredients to try crafting a claw to provide at least a little upgrade in that item slot. resources are still a bit limited and haven't found or bought a ring with LGoH for Spells.

thanks again for all your help.
i was having so much fun! kitava was going great, i got cocky and boom one shot from something at his heart stage. pissed but oh well learned alot, going to try again. i felt really squishy not sure why, anyways thanks again for this awesome guide!
Hi again! I was just wondering if you happen to have a minute to suggest a few quick changes that could make Uber Elder easier? Like gem swaps, maybe gear, etc and such.
I've never beat him before solo and would really like to with this build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info