{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Honestly, you should have updated your first page guide instead of making a new post with a link to it "in order to avoid confusion". That creates confusion. I now need 25 regrets. Yeah yeah, you can say my fault, and it partially is. However, there is a reason people don't do it like you did it. They avoid the confusion you created by doing that...
"
However, there is a reason people don't do it like you did it. They avoid the confusion you created by doing that...

Weird, the rest of us found the 3.8 information just fine. Maybe if you had read the entire post instead of just skimming for what you thought you were looking for, you wouldn't have invested in an old version of the build.

On topic, I've hit mapping and I'm wondering what the benefits of each spectre are. I see we can use Frost Sentinels, Fire-raisers, Solar Guards, Blood Apes, or some combination of the four.

I know Blood Apes are for charge generation. What are the unique advantages of the other three? Specifically, what are the differences between Fire-raisers and Solar Guards, and why do you recommend Fire-raisers for pure spectres? I ask because nearly every other build recommends Solar Guards, but I'm assuming you know something I (and they) don't.
The stuff OP post are very confusing, not to mention he mix the important stuff with 3.4-3.7 stuff, also we don't need to know what act you are in
"
glear wrote:
The stuff OP post are very confusing, not to mention he mix the important stuff with 3.4-3.7 stuff, also we don't need to know what act you are in

It can be confusing if you're just trying to skim through it, but read through enough and it all makes sense.

As for not needing to know what act OP is in...I think it's nice that (aside from taking the time to compile all of this information) he is updating this thread with his experience and findings to better help US.

Thank you for all of your hard work OP!
There are two different gems shown on the new post (page 123) that don't seem to work together:
Purifying Flames is not supported by CWDT and GMP does not support either Spirit Offering OR Desecrate.
"
There are two different gems shown on the new post (page 123) that don't seem to work together:
Purifying Flames is not supported by CWDT and GMP does not support either Spirit Offering OR Desecrate.

Purifying Flames can be supported by CWDT as long as you're paying attention to the level requirement of the gems--I'm using it right now.

GMP was used to support Unearth, before patch 3.8. Now that we use Desecrate instead of Unearth, you replace GMP with Purifying Flames. Your CWDT setup should now be lv1 CWDT, lv11 Purifying Flames, lv7 Desecrate, and lv8 Spirit Offering.

That's a screenshot of my skills right now. Purifying Flames (top-right) is marked as CWDT (greyed out, "!" symbol) alongside Desecrate (middle column, third row) and Spirit Offering (bottom-left).
@ glear:
"
glear wrote:
this build is a fking mess, where are the pros/cons, gears/ skills/ stats/videos...etc just a pob link with millions of useless links? can we get some explanation in an organized format? your fire res is not even maxed and you are here talking about what act you have completed? this is not your fking diary. Absolutely pathetic

Click the SHOW button next to all those Spoiler boxes. Everything you've asked for is already in those.
Spoiler
Example.
Another example
So many examples.

The "diary" is to show people how the gem links can work out as you're leveling with non-optimal gear. If you've got that covered, great, then it's not for you.

And as this is my build thread, it is, quite frankly, whatever the hell I want it to be. Move on if you don't like it. I have nothing to prove to someone who chooses to be rude.

@ Drakaian:
"
Drakaian wrote:
Honestly, you should have updated your first page guide instead of making a new post with a link to it "in order to avoid confusion". That creates confusion. I now need 25 regrets. Yeah yeah, you can say my fault, and it partially is. However, there is a reason people don't do it like you did it. They avoid the confusion you created by doing that...

I fully explain this in "Why did you direct me here? What's this all about?". This guide is far larger than most guides, if you haven't noticed the Neophyte and Acolyte Guides or the off-linked FAQ and Leveling Guide (due to surpassing the 50k character limit). This is a comprehensive guide. A lot has to be edited to keep it all consistent.

I also need time to actually, you know, play the game and experience the new changes before I give concrete recommendations.

Even so, the original build will still work if you want to use it. You just have to tweak the ascendancy and passive tree. I've just come up with a better version using the new features in 3.8, that's all.

@ beban99:
"
beban99 wrote:
There is a new Ascendency

I am not sure what to pick?

It's been mentioned a few times in a few different places, but it should be placed more obviously. I've added it right after the PoB link for clarity.

1. Mistress of Sacrifice - To take advantage of ES heals from CWDT + Spirit Offering. Duration means longer Vaal Skeletons.
2. Mindless Aggression - No choice, our other picks are behind this one. Provides great movement speed, though.
3. Bone Barrier - Incredible defense. We'll want that phys reduction and recovery rate to protect us in Uber Lab.
4. Unnatural Strength - It's tempting to take this earlier, to hit minion breakpoints sooner. I prioritized defense, but you are free to go for this earlier if you're fine with taking more risk.

@ Horswag:
"
Horswag wrote:
Hey, are you planning to change main weapon to convoking wand in the build. I know wed have to replace cyclone for another skill to trigger ball lightning, but the idea of +1 level to all minion gems seems way too juicy to pass up.

It's tempting for sure, but we get a lot out of Cyclone. You could totally make it work, using a channeled spell like Wither, Blight, Scorching Ray, or Winter Orb with Avatar of Fire. Or just manually cast Ball Lighting with Unleash. The main thing, though, is we really want to keep on the move as much as possible.

@ AreYouSeriousClark:
"

Read right below the gloves, the disclaimer in (parenthesis). They are from 3.7, before the 3.8 Patch launched.

@ glear & Plunked:
Full Posts & Previous Conversation
"
glear wrote:
"
Plunked wrote:
It can be confusing if you're just trying to skim through it, but read through enough and it all makes sense.

As for not needing to know what act OP is in...I think it's nice that (aside from taking the time to compile all of this information) he is updating this thread with his experience and findings to better help US.

"

Thanks, Plunked!

I plan to add the gear into the leveling guide, mainly to show the gem links, after I've completed the campaign. So posting them as I have been is a record for myself.

@ RegulusNorth:
Full Post
"
However, there is a reason people don't do it like you did it. They avoid the confusion you created by doing that...
"
RegulusNorth wrote:
Weird, the rest of us found the 3.8 information just fine. Maybe if you had read the entire post instead of just skimming for what you thought you were looking for, you wouldn't have invested in an old version of the build.

On topic, I've hit mapping and I'm wondering what the benefits of each spectre are. I see we can use Frost Sentinels, Fire-raisers, Solar Guards, Blood Apes, or some combination of the four.

I know Blood Apes are for charge generation. What are the unique advantages of the other three? Specifically, what are the differences between Fire-raisers and Solar Guards, and why do you recommend Fire-raisers for pure spectres? I ask because nearly every other build recommends Solar Guards, but I'm assuming you know something I (and they) don't.
"
I'm wondering what the benefits of each spectre are.

Frost Sentinel - Twice the range of most Spectres, allowing them to react much sooner. You know how long-range the Solar Guard beam is? That's how far the Frost Sentinel can target with its Ice Spears, with no charge-up or cooldown like the Solar Guard's beam. Has extra projectiles + better range = larger cone of coverage. Cold damage = chill, freeze, and more damage from Hatred.

Goatman Fire-raiser - Higher base damage than Solar Guards, but 50% reduced cast speed. Soul Eater gives 5% increased cast speed per soul, so the Reduced will be completely countered by the Increase with only 10 souls. Their Fireballs have a larger base radius than Solar Guard fireballs, too. Meaning AOE overlaps more, so a group of monsters or a boss against a wall are more likely to be hit by multiple Fireballs from the same cast. Also has a Magma Orb ability that it uses against medium-ranged targets. Like the normal Magma Orb, this can also hit a target multiple times. In 3.8, the new Fearsome Force gives minions 36% increased area. More area = more AOE overlap, making Fire-raisers very competitive for compounding damage.

Solar Guard - Solid and standard in many Spectre builds for many leagues. Its once-OP beam has been nerfed several times, though. Originally, it would charge up its beam and with Spell Echo the beam would rapidly fire three times without further charging. Then GGG fixed it so it only fired twice. Then they fixed it again so it had to charge up again when firing the second time. In the end, its beam became a liability due to how long the charge-up time takes out of it throwing Fireballs.

Host Chieftain (Power) / Carnage Chieftain (Frenzy) - Charges have triple effect on monsters, and minions count as monsters, so this makes Victario's Charity, which can grant charges to minions, very powerful for summoners. These Spectres can also generate charges, so if you're playing SSF and can't get the shield then this is a good alternative for our free bonus Spectres while still having 2 Frost Sentinels and 10-11 Phantasms for clear.
Last edited by Hercanic on Sep 7, 2019, 6:30:06 PM
I see. I've been playing for a few leagues and have never seen someone go so in-depth in their build. Thanks a lot for your hard work,Hercanic!
Now that i think about it, surely double convoking wands with all the mods would outpace victario's charity setup. All the bonuses could be way higher than the frenzy/power charges bonuses
"
Hercanic wrote:

Frost Sentinel - Twice the range of most Spectres, allowing them to react much sooner. You know how long-range the Solar Guard beam is? That's how far the Frost Sentinel can target with its Ice Spears, with no charge-up or cooldown like the Solar Guard's beam. Has extra projectiles + better range = larger cone of coverage. Cold damage = chill, freeze, and more damage from Hatred.

Goatman Fire-raiser - Higher base damage than Solar Guards, but 50% reduced cast speed. Soul Eater gives 5% increased cast speed per soul, so the Reduced will be completely countered by the Increase with only 10 souls. Their Fireballs have a larger base radius than Solar Guard fireballs, too. Meaning AOE overlaps more, so a group of monsters or a boss against a wall are more likely to be hit by multiple Fireballs from the same cast. Also has a Magma Orb ability that it uses against medium-ranged targets. Like the normal Magma Orb, this can also hit a target multiple times. In 3.8, the new Fearsome Force gives minions 36% increased area. More area = more AOE overlap, making Fire-raisers very competitive for compounding damage.

Solar Guard - Solid and standard in many Spectre builds for many leagues. Its once-OP beam has been nerfed several times, though. Originally, it would charge up its beam and with Spell Echo the beam would rapidly fire three times without further charging. Then GGG fixed it so it only fired twice. Then they fixed it again so it had to charge up again when firing the second time. In the end, its beam became a liability due to how long the charge-up time takes out of it throwing Fireballs.

Host Chieftain (Power) / Carnage Chieftain (Frenzy) - Charges have triple effect on monsters, and minions count as monsters, so this makes Victario's Charity, which can grant charges to minions, very powerful for summoners. These Spectres can also generate charges, so if you're playing SSF and can't get the shield then this is a good alternative for our free bonus Spectres while still having 2 Frost Sentinels and 10-11 Phantasms for clear.

I see. Right now, I'm using Fire-raisers with a pure spectre setup (Spell Echo instead of Raise Phantasms, Elemental Army instead of Controlled Destruction) and I've had great success in both normal maps and Blighted Maps. Do you think Frost Sentinel's would be able to compete with Fire-raisers, or does Soul Eater put them above and beyond? I'm going to try it out for myself, but I thought I'd pick your brain since you have experience. Worth noting is that I do have the Fearsome Force cluster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info