Ice Spear Rework

spell barrage?
pls ggg make sure it wont be op when you revamp a skill...check arc and ele hit and double strike and...
Visual rework looks impressive but functionally Ice Spear is destined to be ignored. Unless it is made extremely overpowered, Ice Spear will never be used to clearing maps, therefore, it will not be widely used. Most builds focus on single skill acting as AOE clear and boss killer. What would be the incentive to: 1.) use cold skill and 2.) using single target skill.

I was already working on my ice spear build in this league. Its not that bad, just the damage seems a tlittle lower without using a solid fossil crafted extra gem 6l-staff and indigons.

My clear is decent, but I'm worried that stacking all projectiles on 1 spot is going to make it much harder to clear. You can see in the video, it's quiet a lot of casting just to hit a row of skeletons that is standing pretty much on top of each other. Making the spears have a bigger hitbox or have build in more projectiles would suit clear better.

The way the skill works in the video would be fine, if from here on out ice spear is meant to be more as a barrage that can hit the same enemy multiple times.
Channeled Cyclone when...?
"
Kubajaszu wrote:

Never ?
Cyclone is an attack and is already in a pretty good spot atm.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Ice spear Ignite build, now with crazy single target to boot !
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Kubajaszu wrote:

Never ?
Cyclone is an attack and is already in a pretty good spot atm.

No it's not. People are using Cyclone only because of sentiment. Skill has amazing potential but it's not that good compared to new melee skills and after AoE nerf it has been falling lower and lower each update.
Ice spear CoC Arctic Breath/freezing pulse ?
"
Kubajaszu wrote:
No it's not. People are using Cyclone only because of sentiment. Skill has amazing potential but it's not that good compared to new melee skills and after AoE nerf it has been falling lower and lower each update.

It's not because you can't make it feel like an OP skill that it isn't a good one.

Last league that was one of my fastest leveling experience 80-90 ( about 130 million xp per hour I think ).
It's also being used as a way to proc things ( @HoA for example ), so its purpose is not only pure dps, which is pretty cool.

Anyway, making it a channeling skill would allow using Cast while channeling which would end up producing broken stuffs ( hello 3 Ice nova per seconds while moving for example, or arc, or discharge, or else ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 25, 2018, 6:01:27 AM
"
It's not because you can't make it feel like an OP skill that it isn't a good one.

Last league that was one of my fastest leveling experience 80-90 ( about 130 million xp per hour I think ).
It's also being used as a way to proc things ( @HoA for example ), so its purpose is not only pure dps, which is pretty cool.

Anyway, making it a channeling skill would allow using Cast while channeling which would end up producing broken stuffs ( hello 3 Ice nova per seconds while moving for example, or arc, or else ).

Yeh sure, that would be broken. What about Poet Pen builds where you move and attack at the same time? That's OK in your opinion? Or auto-bombers? Or any other build that preety much wrecks the meta and lets you move at the same time?
Last edited by Kubajaszu on Oct 25, 2018, 6:02:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info