[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Supermotmot wrote:
Hi and thanks for this well designed/explained/written guide for a build I love. I was waiting for this endgame autobomber in-depth kind of guide.

Could you add a "shopping priority list" into your guide ? Something that would tell us what to go for first among expensive powerups. Something like, get empower 4 then get watcher's eye +crit%, or vice versa..
Something that also tells us what is the "mandatory" part, and what is the "upgrades" part.

Thx again for this guide. I look foward to have the time and currencies to invest myself into the build.

Cya

Edit: I made a quick draft. Here it is. Tell me if it seems right to you.

Mandatory:
- Cospri's Malice 14% AS
- Coming Calamity 6L
- Essence Worm
- Rare boots (Leech enchant)
- Some Rare Helmet / Lightpoacher
- Shaper ring (curse on hit)
- Pure talent
- Grand spectrum x3
- Flasks Setup
- Zeel's Amplifier
- Some Belt (Bisco's/Rare/...)

Upgrades Order:
1) Insanity Gloves
2) Choir of the Storm
3) Basic shaper Helmet / Tempest Binding
4) Watcher's Eye +Crit%
5) Enchant on gloves
6) Enchant Helmet
7) Unnatural Instinct
8) HH
9) Shaper Opal Ring
10) +1 gems Coming Calamity + Empower 4
11) Aul's Uprising (haste/hatred/grace)
12) Insane and completely overkill shaper helmet pseudo 7/8L
13) Watcher's Eye +crit% / -10 mana costs

I'm not completly sure of the order, could you correct me ?
Thx again !
Hello, technically speaking, the only mandatory items are: Cospri's Malice, The Coming Calamity (unlinked works), and Essence Worm. You can clear content on just that and some placeholder gloves / helmet to socket your gems in.

However, you should get most of these as soon as possible: Zeel's Amplifier, Insanity Gloves, Watcher's Eye (extremely good for its price), good flasks, good jewels.

After those, start saving up for Headhunter, and later on, Unnatural Instinct and Aul's Uprising. You can skip the +1 The Coming Calamity, Empower, overkill helmet, and shaper Opal Ring.

Get a curse on hit ring whenever you can afford its price and its tradeoffs. It's not the end of the world if you can't use one.
Last edited by b0moodc on Mar 26, 2019, 2:49:52 PM
Thx a lot for those explainations !
Also, I have another question about Zeel's Amplifier's AoE increases. What do you mean by "overlapping Glacial Cascade" ? Why is it a thing ? Why is it important ?
"
Supermotmot wrote:
Also, I have another question about Zeel's Amplifier's AoE increases. What do you mean by "overlapping Glacial Cascade" ? Why is it a thing ? Why is it important ?
It is a thing because Glacial Cascade expands away from your character by creating several chunks in rapid succession, and each of them is able to damage the same target. It is actually easier to overlap Glacial Cascade the smaller its aoe is, but Zeel's Amplifier shouldn't grant much aoe during boss fights, if any.

In the end, Zeel's Amplifier mostly boosts the aoe of our Herald of Ice and Glacial Cascade while clearing, but doesn't interfere with our small Glacial Cascade during boss fights, which is ideal. The explanation I provided in the main guide post is very questionable, but it sounds convincing. Don't tell anyone.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Supermotmot wrote:
It is a thing because Glacial Cascade expands away from your character by creating several chunks in rapid succession, and each of them is able to damage the same target. It is actually easier to overlap Glacial Cascade the smaller its aoe is, but Zeel's Amplifier shouldn't grant much aoe during boss fights, if any.

In the end, Zeel's Amplifier mostly boosts the aoe of our Herald of Ice and Glacial Cascade while clearing, but doesn't interfere with our small Glacial Cascade during boss fights, which is ideal. The explanation I provided in the main guide post is very questionable, but it sounds convincing. Don't tell anyone.

Do you think Ice Nova has better dps for bossing than GC? For GC, ppl most use it from far away, so it is easy to hit the boss 2-3 times per cast. But at close/melee range when we facetank the boss using shield charge, I don't think it will hit the boss for 2-3. Anyways Im new to the game, so maybe I am wrong.
Last edited by Icy_Clown on Mar 29, 2019, 6:53:04 PM
"
Icy_Clown wrote:
Do you think Ice Nova has better dps for bossing than GC? For GC, ppl most use it from far away, so it is easy to hit the boss 2-3 times per cast. But at close/melee range when we facetank the boss using shield charge, I don't think it will hit the boss for 2-3. Anyways Im new to the game, so maybe I am wrong.
You don't want to be namelocking bosses. Keep a bit of distance.
"

I use GC in my Weapon and Bladeflurry with COC Ice Nova for bossing
Last edited by Krazi on Mar 30, 2019, 2:42:12 AM
"
Krazi wrote:
"

Thanks, tried the set up and found it pretty nice.
"
Krazi wrote:
"

do u use BF in ur weap or helm?

also, how the heck do u res cap with a HH and so many uniques xd

if someone could pob me and tell me what to change/upgrade it would help alot!
Last edited by OgKrowd on Mar 30, 2019, 9:32:57 AM
"
also, how the heck do u res cap with a HH and so many uniques xd
You're good to go as long as they're capped with The Wise Oak up, but I'll be honest. In all my videos, my lightning resistance is something like 58% with flasks up, and it doesn't really make a difference. Of course, with uncapped resistances, the one time we take a hit we'll blow up, but it tends not to be an issue when doing hard content, as most stuff goes from "oneshot" to... well, "bigger oneshot".
Ok, so I just look at Frostbolt/Ice Nova builds and want to try it on my bomber for better single target dps:
Frostbolt - Ice Nova - Life Leech Support on Cospri's
Blade Flurry - CoC Support - Ice Nova - Increase Critical Strike Support on Shoes

I feel the single target dps is better and Life Leech Support help with bossing (pretty much died everytime without enough leech/sec) since I can't use the leech from enchant on shoes (only work when you killed recently). Life Leech Support also free up the needed Assassin's Mark on ring
Also will try to use the Frozen Trail for 2 additional Projectiles to boost the dps even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info