[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

i just don't have that much currency to spend everythings on horror craft so that it's more about a question if i can use the helm like this + the +1 aoe gem craft for now and spend more currency on other gear ? I have 6l coming calamity and cospri for now ( playing a arc trapper and i'm leveling the bomber on the side and gearing it when i can)
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
rapph wrote:
At what point do you feel it is optimal to switch into autobomber gear? I have been leveling as trapper with the assassin ascendencies and since arc and trap are so broken I will only need to respec about 10 points. My initial thought was to go for the swap somewhere around 75 but I was curious if that is too early since I have never played an AB before I am unsure what to expect when it comes to getting it started.
You can transition as soon as you have the gear, as long as you've completed the merciless lab. Please note, however, that you will need to grind your levels on lower tier maps. Passive points from levels make a big difference.

Thanks for the quick response. I have the more easily obtained gear (Chest/Wep/jewels) sitting in the stash now, I will probably grind out uber as well with traps since it is so free and I already have a trapper to take the gear from then swap over around 80. Should be a smooth transition then if I just level all the gems in secondary as I go.
"
Morkai34 wrote:
i just don't have that much currency to spend everythings on horror craft so that it's more about a question if i can use the helm like this + the +1 aoe gem craft for now and spend more currency on other gear ? I have 6l coming calamity and cospri for now ( playing a arc trapper and i'm leveling the bomber on the side and gearing it when i can)
I believe you misunderstood me, as you're meant to just use Increased Area of Effect Support, which costs nothing.

"
rapph wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. I have the more easily obtained gear (Chest/Wep/jewels) sitting in the stash now, I will probably grind out uber as well with traps since it is so free and I already have a trapper to take the gear from then swap over around 80. Should be a smooth transition then if I just level all the gems in secondary as I go.
Sounds about right.
"
b0moodc wrote:
When you want to murder bosses, you set up a dedicated boss killer. On the flip side, that character might have a weaker clear speed. When you play an autobomber, you know you're giving up a decent chunk of singletarget damage. That's just the way Path of Exile is, and so you have to ask yourself: what do I want my character to achieve?

And then pick your build accordingly.

Thats all fine and good - but betrayals are character specific.

Even if I can open the safehouse and log onto my other char to do it (not sure if you can) that doesn't change the fact that this build struggles against high level betrayal encounters. So the choice is you either skip betrayal encounters, which is pretty bad, or you don't play this build..
Tbh you legit dont have any reason to clear higher maps other than exp.
I'm playing Betrayal right now and with the cospri changes and all lvl 19 Gems im doing fine. Sometimes fortification can be really annoying.

Make sure to use vaal grace and I added a Immortal Call gem into my Shield instead of Clarity helps.
"
Tbh you legit dont have any reason to clear higher maps other than exp.
I'm playing Betrayal right now and with the cospri changes and all lvl 19 Gems im doing fine. Sometimes fortification can be really annoying.

Make sure to use vaal grace and I added a Immortal Call gem into my Shield instead of Clarity helps.

But you don't specify what map tier you're running...

Even in low white maps I can struggle to kill fortification betrayals
Hi, very nice build! But i realy like play as mf characters, can i efficently and fast clear maps as mf with it on this league? If yes what a limit tier maps?
"
Alcsaar wrote:
Thats all fine and good - but betrayals are character specific.

Even if I can open the safehouse and log onto my other char to do it (not sure if you can) that doesn't change the fact that this build struggles against high level betrayal encounters. So the choice is you either skip betrayal encounters, which is pretty bad, or you don't play this build..
That isn't much different from what I said; if you feel like you need a character for mapping and grinding, feel free to pick this build. If you feel like you would rather actively engage in high-difficulty Betrayal content in an efficient manner, switch things up. It is very clear what the build does well and what it doesn't.

Edit: as an example, if you wouldn't mind swapping out your entire body armour for Yriel's Fostering, then you can Blade Flurry bosses to death (proven on T16 guardians, can't be bothered to do Uber Elder). But at that point, we're not talking about an autobomber, just a butchered Blade Flurry build using a suboptimal setup. You do have the advantage of still clearing at top speed, but the gear micromanagement feels clunky.

"
Alcsaar wrote:
Even in low white maps I can struggle to kill fortification betrayals
Let me just highlight some glaring issues. Your character is level 79, I can't see a single gem above level 18, and your Herald of Ice has a whooping 0% base critical strike chance, 2% at maximum power charges (compare this to the goal of 7%+). On top of that, you don't even use a diamond flask. In short, the build is fine; your character is just nothing like it.

"
Kiaksin wrote:
Hi, very nice build! But i realy like play as mf characters, can i efficently and fast clear maps as mf with it on this league? If yes what a limit tier maps?
You can fit Goldwyrm and one Ventor's Gamble into the build without losing barely any clear speed. Sadima's Touch is hot garbage this league, please get insanity-crafted gloves instead.
Last edited by b0moodc on Dec 14, 2018, 11:51:44 AM
Question for you guys.

Curious as to if this build is up to par with T11 BC farm, while doing betrayal events at the same time. At the moment i guess you could say im playing a dimmed down version of this build due to full MF etc. Any feed back on wether or not the swap for 7 exalts to clam chest will be better will be helpful also some feedback on the difference between mine and this.

Thank you,
"
b0moodc wrote:
Let me just highlight some glaring issues. Your character is level 79, I can't see a single gem above level 18, and your Herald of Ice has a whooping 0% base critical strike chance, 2% at maximum power charges (compare this to the goal of 7%+). On top of that, you don't even use a diamond flask. In short, the build is fine; your character is just nothing like it.

My character is level 79 because stepping foot into a map over t1 is almost a guaranteed death as soon as you hit betrayal encounter, if not before.

If you want to call a build "good" after dumping 10, 20+ exalt into it that's your prerogative, but for most people the scale of a "good" build is one that can complete red tier maps with a couple exalts max and then any additional currency just for min maxing.

A diamond flask doesn't help you against things that can't be crit (like fortress walls). Nor does it greatly help against single target where the boss is still going to be at 80% hp after using all the charges.

But you should never, ever judge a build based on how effective it is with all the best possible gear and gem levels - it needs to be good before that.

What would your suggestion be for how to improve my play? Should I literally spam tier 1-3 maps for shitty XP to try to level gems to 21 just on the hope that the build might be able to clear red maps/betrayals? That's a big gamble.

I'm about to respec into a CoC Cospri build, and I guarantee it will have a much easier time on betrayal/bosses while having similar clear speed with shield charge, with out having to have level 20/21 gems
Last edited by Alcsaar on Dec 14, 2018, 6:20:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info