[3.5 OUTDATED!] LL, poet's pen indigon template

Is it ok to have 80% mana reserved with double purity and herald of ash ? I don't really see the use of having a big pool of mana available since I am using frenzy to attack.
Well you need a pretty big unreserved mana pool b/c of the way indigon works. If you look at the mana cost of your frenzy in battle, it will increase hugely, to well over 1000 mana, even over 2000 mana per attack. So you need to make sure that, even if you don't have enough mana to attack one round, that the excess mana generated before the *subsequent*round is not wasted. This is a build where you never want to be hitting max mana available - and the smaller your mana pool, the more often you'll be at max mana (bad).
Last edited by mrpetrov on Oct 3, 2018, 11:10:45 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Well you need a pretty big unreserved mana pool b/c of the way indigon works. If you look at the mana cost of your frenzy in battle, it will increase hugely, to well over 1000 mana, even over 2000 mana per attack. So you need to make sure that, even if you don't have enough mana to attack one round, that the excess mana generated before the *subsequent*round is not wasted. This is a build where you never want to be hitting max mana available - and the smaller your mana pool, the more often you'll be at max mana (bad).

I realized I had combustion without fire damage on my frenzy.. That's why I was thinking about including herald of ash. Fortunately, i have a open suffix on my ring to add fire damage to attacks. Do you think 4k4 unreserve mana is enough to make this efficient enough ?
Good guide. I started Delve loosely following this other guide except taking it low life which basically turned it into this build. It's good to have an active thread to check the comments.
Why your mana cost frenzy is 98 and mine 76? Have same six link.
"
nchhean wrote:
Is it ok to have 80% mana reserved with double purity and herald of ash ? I don't really see the use of having a big pool of mana available since I am using frenzy to attack.

You want a high enough unreserved mana pool to accommodate your regen + leech to scale indigon mana cost/spell damage higher. You probably don't want to go above 50% mana reserved.

"
nchhean wrote:
I realized I had combustion without fire damage on my frenzy.. That's why I was thinking about including herald of ash. Fortunately, i have a open suffix on my ring to add fire damage to attacks. Do you think 4k4 unreserve mana is enough to make this efficient enough ?

The answer depends on much mana regen you have and how high you scale indigon mana cost. At the higher levels you can hit 4k+ mana regen/leech per second which will lead to lost mana due to hitting max and lost casts/scaling opportunity since you can't hit the higher frenzy costs. At lower levels 4.4k is enough since your regen will be 2-3k a second.

At ~14k mana I am comfortable at ~7k mana un-reserved but would not be at 5k. When I had 10k I was ok with a little less than 5k.

Your chest is 3b3g. I would not recommend using combustion with that setup since the ramp up time is absolutely horrendous due to lower mana multipliers. 3g1r2b is probably the lowest I can recommend combustion.
Last edited by Essat on Oct 3, 2018, 4:44:13 PM
What this the optimal mana cost for frenzy please?
"
What this the optimal mana cost for frenzy please?

Basically, as high as possible (although combustion isn't the highest multiplier you can have).
I have frenzy gmp faster attack combustion multistrike meele splash on shawronne...and one fevered mind...and my mana cost in hideout it s 76
"
I have frenzy gmp faster attack combustion multistrike meele splash on shawronne...and one fevered mind...and my mana cost in hideout it s 76

If you're looking at his pob, make sure to tic "Are you always on Full Energy Shield" in Configuration. Otherwise pob doesn't calculate the 50% reduced mana cost of skills while on full energy shield from sanctuary of thought.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info