[3.5 OUTDATED!] LL, poet's pen indigon template

"
The 5%es node at the top is questionnable, but not that bad.

I'm taking this node mainly for the ES recharge rate, the 5% es and regen are nice bonuses. Since I dont use the flow untethered, I tried to get a bit more es recharge than other tree variations I've seen. Also I dont have that many useful nodes left to take, apart from 6% es nodes, and the 4% reduced mana reserved.

"
1% lightning doesn't do much, 1% fire or cold is sooo much more valuable

Well, the tree gets you +1 fire/cold and +2 lightning. But I see what you mean.

"
Corrupted gloves huuuuuuuuh.

Man, I saw a pair for 5 exas with +2 to aoe gems... But at the time, I both was short on cash, as well as I didnt have vorici level 8 to recolor/reforge the sockets, so I didnt buy it. Hopefully the guy was trolling... ^^.

"
I know it was better for pet

What do you mean, what/who's pet?

Yea, this setup gives me more of everything pretty much, but it's true that it depends on the setup. I feel like it wouldnt be too expensive for you to get rings with some dex tho.

"
I would highly recommend fire pen for your single target setup

Makes sense. Although maybe its effectiveness would diminish the more pen you have (corrupted poet's pen, combustion, etc). The main thing is that I did all the big encounters like uber elder a bunch of times, now I'm just farming elder t16 maps, so I dont need single target.

Something that owuld be pretty badass is to get another ring with "curse on hit", but with flammability :D They drop in the delves. And then get a atziri foible with +1 curse, i dont think it's too expensive and you just loose some mana regen. But yea, finding the right ring with this mod is probably hard ^^, and we dont need more damage.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Oct 1, 2018, 4:32:00 PM
Get one shoted for nothing, i have no ideas from where it comes, es does'nt move, i play with 450 life, my es is useless... if someone can tell me the reason.
"
niuage wrote:

"
I know it was better for pet

What do you mean, what/who's pet?

Yea, this setup gives me more of everything pretty much, but it's true that it depends on the setup. I feel like it wouldnt be too expensive for you to get rings with some dex tho.

"
I would highly recommend fire pen for your single target setup

Makes sense. Although maybe its effectiveness would diminish the more pen you have (corrupted poet's pen, combustion, etc). The main thing is that I did all the big encounters like uber elder a bunch of times, now I'm just farming elder t16 maps, so I dont need single target.

Something that owuld be pretty badass is to get another ring with "curse on hit", but with flammability :D They drop in the delves. And then get a atziri foible with +1 curse, i dont think it's too expensive and you just loose some mana regen. But yea, finding the right ring with this mod is probably hard ^^, and we dont need more damage.

He means me - pathing through the top was a little better for me, and I'm not a great player, so I need all the +max res I can find.

Also, for you to consider: I can run a Lori's Lantern and a WM+res ring and have enough res to be capped (don't care about ele weakness maps - I have curse immunity basalt flask for that). Dark doesn't buy it, but I think Lori's is a huge survivability bonus for a LL build (not to mention some nice MS and chaos resistance). The only extra node I take for it is the 18% fire res node, other than that - the rings are enough.
"
kestapop wrote:
Get one shoted for nothing, i have no ideas from where it comes, es does'nt move, i play with 450 life, my es is useless... if someone can tell me the reason.

Alright, I think you need to read the forum post again.

Edit: I checked your gear, I thought you wouldn't be using shav's. If you're getting culled in HoGM, that's normal, don't do HoGM. Otherwise, I really have no clue.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Oct 1, 2018, 5:29:15 PM
Should add a mention for divination distillate since the build is never on max mana.
"
Essat wrote:
Should add a mention for divination distillate since the build is never on max mana.

The build is very often on max mana sadly, if you use phase run. DD is only useful on bosses like uber elder or in delves.
However you're right, I'll add divination distillate and wise oak tomorrow, I just need to buy them to link them here. Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot.
It's great the build and hasn't lost it's value since 3.2?

My gear atm (standard)

Peaked 220 k per VD
10529 ES/11175 Mana

With the fire resistance reduction from combustion, controlled destruction increases VD damage as much as fire penetration. With additional sources of pen such as wise oak, corrupted PPs, or an EE support, controlled destruction pulls significantly far ahead of fire pen. The only time I can see fire pen being better than controlled destruction is against elemental resistant delve bosses (GL). I have also found that yellows in deep delve are harder than uber elder and they have 0 base resistance so take that as you will. I do prefer controlled destruction over fire pen with all that being said.
Wonder if you got the build from cutedog?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cutedog_/characters
Hes been running it for a solid WEEK
"
Wonder if you got the build from cutedog?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cutedog_/characters
Hes been running it for a solid WEEK

Oh snap, then if a youtuber/streamer plays the build, it's his and his ideas! Especially if he has been playing it for a FULL WEEK!

"
Essat wrote:
With the fire resistance reduction from combustion, controlled destruction increases VD damage as much as fire penetration. With additional sources of pen such as wise oak, corrupted PPs, or an EE support, controlled destruction pulls significantly far ahead of fire pen. The only time I can see fire pen being better than controlled destruction is against elemental resistant delve bosses (GL). I have also found that yellows in deep delve are harder than uber elder and they have 0 base resistance so take that as you will. I do prefer controlled destruction over fire pen with all that being said.

I like fire penetration to carry guardians that often have 80% resistances, with the x2 or x3 party scaling, penetration is really welcome. Of course if you get corrupted pens and other sources of penetration, it starts to be better to use a damage gem instead of fire pen gem. I don't know what you cell a "deep delve", but I'm still obliterating everything at 350. I need to go deeper tho.
I wouldn't recommend controlled destruction as even without it vaal pact doesn't have a 100% up time, I would probably recommend ele focus instead. That would allow you to see if combustion is active on the enemy or not too.

"
Molochmane wrote:
It's great the build and hasn't lost it's value since 3.2?

My gear atm (standard)

Remove that mana flask you heathen XD
Other than that, great gear. hope you enjoy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info