[3.5 OUTDATED!] LL, poet's pen indigon template

ES is "mandatory", always have the mana gain as es. There's a reason why es watcher's eye is 5 times the price ^^
Hello, thanks for this guide; just what I was looking for. I have a quick question. When you say the minimum is 15 ex which gears do you consider minimum?

I calculated that your gear is around 40-45 ex and apart from the atziri gloves I don't see what else I can temporarily skip on until I acquire more currency. The 18% mana watcher's eye seems pretty mandatory or it can be acquired later on?

I am looking to be able to farm delves 320+ without much trouble and uber elder. s that possible on a 20 ex buget until I can invest more?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by chancer on Oct 1, 2018, 10:08:24 AM
I have killed uber elder without the watcher's eye.
You can remove the 6th link on your shavs (keep the offcolors tho, and socket a flame dash in the free socket). That's a bunch of money saved. Acuities aren't strictly needed, but they really help for uber elder. the watcher's eye isn't strictly needed either, but is one of the first big purchases you need to do (well, "big", acuities are also 9-10ex atm so...).
Flow untethered isn't mandatory either, just equip a magic crystal belt with t1 mana.
That should scale the price down to 15-20ex.
Hey,

I'd love it if you could review and comment on my tree: https://pastebin.com/xs2fri2E

It's a bit different from the one in the OP. By taking Influence and Aura effect node near Harrier, you can get +1 to max res, and in the top part of the tree, you can also go for the top path, and get some good ES and +1 to max lightning, which puts me at 80/80/81. Another good option is to corrupt the gloves for +2 to aura gems I believe.

I think I prefer this version a bit.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
You can remove the 6th link on your shavs (keep the offcolors tho, and socket a flame dash in the free socket). That's a bunch of money saved. Acuities aren't strictly needed, but they really help for uber elder. the watcher's eye isn't strictly needed either, but is one of the first big purchases you need to do (well, "big", acuities are also 9-10ex atm so...).
Flow untethered isn't mandatory either, just equip a magic crystal belt with t1 mana.
That should scale the price down to 15-20ex.

Thank you. One more thing - what level delve do you think this build can push to and what level do you reckon you can do with the "bugeted" version.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer:)
"
niuage wrote:
Hey,

I'd love it if you could review and comment on my tree: https://pastebin.com/xs2fri2E

It's a bit different from the one in the OP. By taking Influence and Aura effect node near Harrier, you can get +1 to max res, and in the top part of the tree, you can also go for the top path, and get some good ES and +1 to max lightning, which puts me at 80/80/81. Another good option is to corrupt the gloves for +2 to aura gems I believe.

I think I prefer this version a bit.

Like you, I run individual purities with enlighten 4, taking Influence and the other 6% aura node - I have a +2 helm, so I get to 80/81/81 (84/85/85 with flask). Further, I run Lori's Lantern, which gives a pretty big survivability boost.

Also, I like your tree, but you don't take phase run (or if you did it would have to be low level) - I think if you don't take phase run (and ofc no need to level Frenzy really), then you can get away with taking no Dex nodes (and you have a HH, so there's dex there) or the dex nodes near the jewel slot south east of the ascendant center. If I didn't want a levelled phase run, I think your tree is great. I'll have a think about it!

Also, run combustion in place of light pen and try and get fire damage on a ring, boots or even a local corruption on a poet's pen: -20% fire res no mobs is no joke! EDIT: I see you've already got fire damage crafted on a ring - you should definitely use combustion over light pen!!!
Last edited by mrpetrov on Oct 1, 2018, 3:22:29 PM
Thanks for your input :)

Yea, I don't have any need for phase run, because I run 2 set of poet's pen, one with VD for single target, and then LW + arc in the second set for clear (and arc also does a shit ton of damage for map bosses, I barely have to switch). Although LW scales with mvt speed as well, so that wouldnt be totally useless. I could use a low level phase run in my CodT setup, instead of the enlighten that im leveling. Frankly, now that I got a HH (just got it this we), it barely matters what I do, it just carries me...

The reason I'm not running combustion is that it has such a low mana multiplier. I was using it when I was running uber elder, but I dont really need it otherwise. Tbh, I might just want to recolor my shav eventually to have higher mana cost overall, but it's sad to roll over 5 off ^^.

Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
@Chancer >
depth 400-500 should be doable on a 20ex budget. Not the bosses tho.
Gotta play the azurite clusters carefully and not facetank the exploding globes tho.

@niuage >
Interesting pathing, didn't think about it. Honnestly I don't like it, but why not. I think the reduced flask charges used are better. 1% lightning doesn't do much, 1% fire or cold is sooo much more valuable. The synergy with dex from headhunter is obviously good tho, that would require INSANE rings to do on a flow untethered setup. Corrupted gloves huuuuuuuuh. If you have the money, yes, it's really good... The 3 points for aura effect are good, the pathing trough the right in the dex nodes is a mistake I still need to fix in my build, you're 100% right on that. The 5%es node at the top is questionnable, but not that bad.

I would highly recommend fire pen for your single target setup, as guardians with +40% res are pure cancer without it. Anything else gets obliterated anyways. You don't need a freeze immune flask, Ascendancy is already freeze immune.

I plan on having a aura cost enchant on indigon to run Herald of ash, so I definitively gave up on +2 helm corruption.

TL;DR: If you have the dex requirements, why not. But even then, it's not worth it with my gear. I know it was better for pet, so do what works best for your current setup ^^

Thanks for the ideas!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
@Chancer >
depth 400-500 should be doable on a 20ex budget. Not the bosses tho.
Gotta play the azurite clusters carefully and not facetank the exploding globes tho.

Cool, thanks :>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info