[3.5 OUTDATED!] LL, poet's pen indigon template

You can skip the 4% reduced mana node with lvl 4 enlighten, lvl 21 blood magic and 2 jewels that have 1% reduced mana corruption.
Friends, I have one more question. Is enlighten 4 mandatory or there is some kind of magic that can be made to work with level 3 temporarily. Thanks:D
I strongly encourage you to test that for yourself in PoB :) But for my setup specifically, I do need empower 4 to run the 2 auras on blood magic. For the stuff you reserve on your mana pool, empower 4 is a bit better but far from needed.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Oct 2, 2018, 1:51:09 PM
"
giully wrote:
You can skip the 4% reduced mana node with lvl 4 enlighten, lvl 21 blood magic and 2 jewels that have 1% reduced mana corruption.

which 4% reduced mana node? the only one we take is on the path to Influencer...?

EDIT: Oh I think you mean if you're not running Enlighten 4/purities 21
Last edited by mrpetrov on Oct 2, 2018, 2:57:50 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

I like fire penetration to carry guardians that often have 80% resistances, with the x2 or x3 party scaling, penetration is really welcome. Of course if you get corrupted pens and other sources of penetration, it starts to be better to use a damage gem instead of fire pen gem. I don't know what you cell a "deep delve", but I'm still obliterating everything at 350. I need to go deeper tho.
I wouldn't recommend controlled destruction as even without it vaal pact doesn't have a 100% up time, I would probably recommend ele focus instead. That would allow you to see if combustion is active on the enemy or not too.

At 650 and rare mobs are a slight annoyance with the right zone/rare mods. I haven't noticed any issues with vp not being up. Frenzy 4x a second @ 10% crit + vd @7.5 crit chance should be enough to keep vp up. Atleast I haven't taken damage and not had vaal pact up. This is mostly from the perspective of min maxing delving.

I'm currently using ele focus and controlled in my vd pp and it seems that anything that isn't 1 shot is ignited by combustion. Seems fairly consistent.

"
chancer wrote:
Friends, I have one more question. Is enlighten 4 mandatory or there is some kind of magic that can be made to work with level 3 temporarily. Thanks:D

You should be able to take the two small points before the Leadership notable to the up left of scion start and use a level 3 enlighten. Try it out in pob though.
Last edited by Essat on Oct 2, 2018, 4:16:34 PM
"
chancer wrote:

Yes. Run a single purity and clarity in your life setup, and discipline and purity of elements on your mana. This is what I had for a bit, and killed uber elder with that setup.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
giully wrote:

which 4% reduced mana node? the only one we take is on the path to Influencer...?

EDIT: Oh I think you mean if you're not running Enlighten 4/purities 21

With 2% reduced mana from jewels we can skip the 4% reduced node near Ci.
Last edited by giully on Oct 2, 2018, 8:56:43 PM
Ok, so, I don't know exactly how to calculate the pp damage, so if someone can help me out here I would appreciate. So, I can have 2 setups:

1: Using watcher's eye with Wrath pen / Extra ES clarity and Phys reduction Purity Elements; +1 chain Arc Indigon; Reserving ~65% of my mana (3.4k unreserved) And runing Arc + ball lig for highest dps when needed;

2: Using only a Extra ES clarity (maybe a QoL 2nd mod, but nothing that would cost more than 30ex); Unenchanted Indigon (100ex for a +1 corpse is a no go); Reserving ~50% of mana (5.1k unreserved) And runing VD + Cremation for highest dps when needed;

I don't know if the wrath + enchant Arc dps is higher than +2k mana VD/Crem.
"
Essat wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

I like fire penetration to carry guardians that often have 80% resistances, with the x2 or x3 party scaling, penetration is really welcome. Of course if you get corrupted pens and other sources of penetration, it starts to be better to use a damage gem instead of fire pen gem. I don't know what you cell a "deep delve", but I'm still obliterating everything at 350. I need to go deeper tho.
I wouldn't recommend controlled destruction as even without it vaal pact doesn't have a 100% up time, I would probably recommend ele focus instead. That would allow you to see if combustion is active on the enemy or not too.

At 650 and rare mobs are a slight annoyance with the right zone/rare mods. I haven't noticed any issues with vp not being up. Frenzy 4x a second @ 10% crit + vd @7.5 crit chance should be enough to keep vp up. Atleast I haven't taken damage and not had vaal pact up. This is mostly from the perspective of min maxing delving.

I'm currently using ele focus and controlled in my vd pp and it seems that anything that isn't 1 shot is ignited by combustion. Seems fairly consistent.

Hey man - quick question - how do you apply combustion if you don't deal any fire damage from Frenzy? Combustion only works if the supported skill deals some fire damage (you don't appear to have any fire damage on your boots, rings or locally on your poet's pens...)?

Also, nice watcher's eye and +1 corpse VD - that's like 150 exalt in two items -surely you can afford a couple of 10% penetration poet's pens..?:)
Good guide, nice update. I appreciate being credited in this guide. Darkxellmc knows what he's talking about so you guys are in good hands. Please ask him not me why the build takes zero damage nodes. :)

P.S. Fun Fact: 2 people in delve including the rank one for this build on the ladder according to poe.ninja haven't even taken EO. Shigosu and imightdelveonthischar builds are different, so I am not counting them but the other two are so good they don't even need 40% more damage for 1 point.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Skyforth,The-Poets-Pen&sort=energy-shield
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Oct 3, 2018, 2:36:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info