[3.5 OUTDATED!] LL, poet's pen indigon template

thx for the build! it just wrecks everything…. only Problem is, now that i build it up i am bored to death cause everything is just too easy :D … and no one wants to buy a whole char…. nevermind...good guide! :D
"
HaxzoR wrote:
Any idea for pantheon choises for someone running a CI version of this build with

Probably the exact same tbh... Pantheon doesn't really give us anything remarquable.
EDIT: I'm guessing you want to run CI because you're in HC. I'd recommend not doing this build in HC, physical damage can build up quickly. Perfectly fine in SC, but I do die from time to time.

Gl hf anyways^^
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Nov 10, 2018, 7:05:48 PM
For anyone wondering, I'm done with the jewels. Nothing new, everything was already pointed at in the comments.

The thing I didn't realize was that with 4 reduced mana jewels, you can use a lvl 3 enlighten on your lvl20 blood magic setup.
This means getting mana reservation is more cost efficient using corrupted jewels than enlighten. Not to mention it is strictly better because it also increases your unreserved mana pool.

I'm still missing 2 corruption but I'm giving up, grand spectrum with reduced mana reserved are 40ex+ atm. Gotta put the silence/bleed immunities on the spectrums I guess, these are cheap ^^
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Nov 10, 2018, 8:59:17 PM
"
chancer wrote:

Loot only exalts - ez game.

I got inspired by my own advise today and bought a 30% lightning warp indigon for 2 ex, used about 7 divines to get it to 59/59 and 9% reduced mana. There is one offline posted 2 days ago with 60% spell damage I hope you manage to snipe it off if he comes back online ;)

bought one for 5 ex. Missed the other guy who had 60/59 for 5 ex but ah well. Might attempt to divine it up later but tbh the clear speed feels way better now!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
For anyone wondering, I'm done with the jewels. Nothing new, everything was already pointed at in the comments.

The thing I didn't realize was that with 4 reduced mana jewels, you can use a lvl 3 enlighten on your lvl20 blood magic setup.
This means getting mana reservation is more cost efficient using corrupted jewels than enlighten. Not to mention it is strictly better because it also increases your unreserved mana pool.

I'm still missing 2 corruption but I'm giving up, grand spectrum with reduced mana reserved are 40ex+ atm. Gotta put the silence/bleed immunities on the spectrums I guess, these are cheap ^^

I mentioned before but with if you want to save 1 point on your passive tree (get rid of the 4% reduced mana reserve node under CI) you can go BM lvl 21, enlighten lvl 4 and 2 x 1% reduced mana reservation corruptions. With maybe enough 1% reduced mana reservation you dont even need bm lvl 21 or enlighten lvl 4. But the spare passive point would give you more overall mana/es I think.

In my setup I run the 2 auras on life without the 4% node under CI.

Also I was tinkering around with the new Precursor Rings and once I farm up some currency again I'm thinking to grab "You have vaal pact while at maximum endurance charges" mod from the ring to maybe run a 2 socket tombfist with ele weakness that I have atm on my Jug. But obviously I have to give up my flame dash setup for it but I think I can live without it. You could get 2 nice Abyss jewels with ES/mana and needed resistance.

And obviously you need a +1 curse corruption on amulet to make this setup to work with 2 curses but that's doable!
Last edited by larsahh_ on Nov 11, 2018, 6:28:03 AM
"
larsahh_ wrote:

Also I was tinkering around with the new Precursor Rings and once I farm up some currency again I'm thinking to grab "You have vaal pact while at maximum endurance charges" mod from the ring to maybe run a 2 socket tombfist with ele weakness that I have atm on my Jug. But obviously I have to give up my flame dash setup for it but I think I can live without it. You could get 2 nice Abyss jewels with ES/mana and needed resistance.

And obviously you need a +1 curse corruption on amulet to make this setup to work with 2 curses but that's doable!

I'm curious on how that's gonna go. You'd need a way to generate endurance charges on bosses, but since it's for leech, endurance charges when hit would be fine. double red + any precursor shouldn't be too expensive to self craft. Dunno if you couldn't find better gloves, but tombfists seem like a good choice.
For anyone wondering about the build viability in 3.5:

So far we don't know about the nerfs, keep that in mind. This post is not about nerfs but about mechanics.

VD is going to be really strong if Poet's pen is left untouched. You'll be able to dps the doors while fighting enemies in front of them. Arc is also going to be great for the same reasons. Since the build uses mainly uniques, can't really say anything about veiled items. We have no value getting a shaper/elder pair of gloves, but if we can somehow unveil vaal pact on gloves/belt, new possibilities open.
Might update the build to use saffel's frame + eclipsia solary and swap to... blade vortex. It would be an absolutely insane BV bosskiller, but mapclear wouldn't be as good. tree would only need minor adjustements to take skill effect duration for 6 points.

TL/DR: mechanically speaking this build will be GREAT for 3.5. Poet's pen or volatile dead are likely to get nerfed, keep an eye on that.
It just makes absolute non-sense to me to see everyday posts saying or asking about PP and/or VD nerf. Would be very lame from GGG to nerf Poets Pen or Volatile Dead.

Indigon is the broken part of the build, it has always been, it brings an unmatched level of DPS despite being a very very interesting item. Try the build without Indigon, and suddenly PP VD is barely on par with other cookie cutter builds (Probably worse even).

Indigon should probably gives less spell damage per 200 mana to make it more balanced with other builds and not absolutely god-tier but thats all. We'll see with the patchnotes anyway, we can't know anything for sure.
Last edited by Chewingnom on Nov 13, 2018, 7:48:56 PM
"
Chewingnom wrote:
It just makes absolute non-sense to me to see everyday posts saying or asking about PP and/or VD nerf. Would be very lame from GGG to nerf Poets Pen or Volatile Dead.

Indigon is the broken part of the build, it has always been, it brings an unmatched level of DPS despite being a very very interesting item. Try the build without Indigon, and suddenly PP VD is barely on par with other cookie cutter builds (Probably worse even).

Indigon should probably gives less spell damage per 200 mana to make it more balanced with other builds and not absolutely god-tier but thats all. We'll see with the patchnotes anyway, we can't know anything for sure.

To be fair, I don't agree with you on most things.
Indigon IS too strong, you're perfectly right on that. But it's also a hard to aquire item that requires INTENSIVE building around. You're saying you can't match it's dps? I'm sorry but a 400% damage increased crit disintegrator BV is gonna match that. Outmatch actually. By far. And for a third of the price.
One of the things that make indigon a bit too strong imo is how you can scale defences out of the same stat (mana) as your offence. You can make extremely tanky chars that uses indigon just because it's only one item, and you can scale mana that scales mainly off tree and jewels.

Now saying that Poet's pen / VD isn't good without indigon is a stretch, let's be real.
I do aggree with you that VD isn't op by itself, and doesn't need a nerf. But poet's pen is way too strong (idk if it needs a nerf but it's way stronger than pretty much any self cast build). A "normal" way to build poet's pen is CI curse occultist, focused on defences. You'll still go crit and hit 250% increased dmg and 250 multi. You'll still do millions of dps without real investments. Even freeze pulse is good with poet's pen.
Hi, How do you support the Phase Run gem which require dexterity of 155? There's no dex in the rings and the tree does not provide sufficient dex. Ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info