[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

Hi Skillshots & Forum,

I'm a pretty new player and this is my first league getting to endgame, and first league playing the build. Started with Winter Orb and transitioned to this once I had a little currency to get it started.

I feel like I'm plateauing with the build right now at level 86. I did read the guide thoroughly a few times, but I'm having a hard time making decisions on upgrading my gear. Unfortunately I have less than half an exalt worth of currency to work with right now, and it seems like even poorly rolled variants of most of these items cost at least 1-2 ex. Can anyone make a suggestion where to look first? I thought about upgrading rings to a badly rolled/cheap Mark of the Elder and a shaped ring.

Regarding skill gems, I know Hypothermia probably doesn't show tooltip/sheet dps, but I was considering the efficacy of the gem. When I swap Hypothermia for a similar level Added Cold Damage Support gem, my tooltip DPS skyrockets about another 8k unbuffed in town. I guess for me to figure out whether or not it's worth it I just have to calculate myself the difference between the DPS gained on the Added Cold Dmg Supp vs the unseen DPS with Hypothermia.

Regarding build setup I looked at the budget suggestions and went with Doryani's Delusion + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Purity of Ice, instead of the standard HoI + Wrath setup. However, I found that even when I swapped out Doryani's for some cheap noob leveling boots like Brinerot Whalers and used Wrath, my DPS was higher (albeit very slight). Is there anything I can do to fix my DPS in this department? Maybe just one socket Bubonic Trail? I'm still resist capped regardless of if I use Purity of Ice or not.

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone who can help a noob.

Edit/Update: I just got an Inpulsa as a drop, so that should give me around 3-3.5ex worth of currency to play with. At this point should I just buy a 6L Hopeshredder and then get rid of my Tabula to use some chest that actually gives me defenses/damage like Belly or Loreweave? I can't afford both a 6L Hope and a Kaom's with only 3ex.
Last edited by AntiScrub on Jan 14, 2019, 10:40:54 AM
Level 94, all content done, definitely one of the best uber elder farmers I've played, and really great in the mines. Didn't notice any problems with Scourge Arrow after the "nerf", I think the people having issues were those who did not invest in 1 point to get mana leech, or are just using the skill wrong, never had mana issues before or after the change.

For all you speed demons out there I heavily recommend buying a pair of Darkray Vectors.

I got these for 5 chaos with the 10% movement speed corruption, these boots alone give me 54% movement speed. I'm a lot less tanky and deal less damage without the Bubonic Trails but for mapping I don't die anyway and deal enough damage to instagib the bosses. Lots of fun zooming around the maps. Thanks for the build.

Also thought to mention that if you plan on using these boots with a farruls for mapping I would recommend skilling one "18% frenzy charge duration" node so the cat stealth perfectly overlaps with the frenzy charge duration, considering the boots reduce it by 40%.
Last edited by Tyrone77 on Jan 14, 2019, 9:16:30 PM

Any headers on how to upgrade my character next?

Pob link for good measure: https://pastebin.com/BRiEt5pD
Last edited by Vnaess98 on Jan 15, 2019, 6:36:37 AM
"
Vnaess98 wrote:

Any headers on how to upgrade my character next?

Pob link for good measure: https://pastebin.com/BRiEt5pD

+1 frenzy charges on tombfist, 2 socket bubonic trails, drop ice golem for war banner, maybe upgrade rares a little bit, start saving up for version 2 of the build.
double post
Last edited by Tyrone77 on Jan 15, 2019, 7:20:27 AM
"
xaiyx wrote:
What do u think if u change this
Red circle remove, blue circle added + lions fall eye jewel

You will gain more leech more crit and crit multi

In my opinion we don't need the extra leech because the way i personaly die is only because of oneshots. the extra crit multi would be nice but this build really hasn't any issues with damage. So i think its better to stack more life or find another way of damage mitigation.
Hi every1!
Can some1 help me,what should i upgrade next?
Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/wZiqAu3P
"
Sn0rlaks wrote:
Hi every1!
Can some1 help me,what should i upgrade next?
Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/wZiqAu3P

Didn't check the pob but from the fly over your gear I'd say the usual suspects.

2 socket bubonics and tombfists, better jewels, shaper ring looks kinda shit too.
"
Is it worth changing Kaom's heart with Loreweave?

Also is Dying Sun flask a good option here?

Please someone help!

Thanks!

I prefer Kaoms as that gives you more survivability. Loreweave faster clearing, but thats about it. The damage increase from Loreweave is very neglectable for me but I got fairly good gear.

Dying sun is not very good. Youre better off with other options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info