[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

I don't really understand the upside of using a Hopeshredder at all when you can run a Tempest in version one for more damage, less cost, and more tankiness (you can go jugg instead of raider). In version two you can get a superior crafted bow for more DPS at that budget.
Last edited by Chapterhouse16 on Jan 2, 2019, 12:54:16 PM
"
I don't really understand the upside of using a Hopeshredder at all when you can run a Tempest in version one for more damage, less cost, and more tankiness (you can go jugg instead of raider). In version two you can get a superior crafted bow for more DPS at that budget.
How you are getting more damage wiht tempest than hope? i looked my pob and i am losing 700k thorn dps.
You have to switch up gems slightly and drop some frenzies on the tree for other stuff but you can get the same or slightly more damage with Tempest.
Last edited by Chapterhouse16 on Jan 2, 2019, 1:45:48 PM

Taking offer if someone is interessed
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
You have to switch up gems slightly and drop some frenzies on the tree for other stuff but you can get the same or slightly more damage with Tempest.

I'd be curious to see your PoB for that.
But in general, just sounds like a different build entirely, if you're dropping Frenzies.

Tempest flat ele stacking with abyss jewels has been a thing for several leagues now, nothing new about that.
Last edited by Miffy23 on Jan 2, 2019, 5:06:52 PM
"
Miffy23 wrote:
"

But in general, just sounds like a different build entirely, if you're dropping Frenzies.

Tempest flat ele stacking with abyss jewels has been a thing for several leagues now, nothing new about that.

Basically refer to elitist elf character, just scale it down with budget options. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ElitistElf/ELITIST_ELF

You can swap in his rare bow for a Tempest, and whichever helmet you can get the enchant on. In the chest slot you can run inpulsa's, kaom's or shroud of the lightless. Instead of using these opal rings you can use the same rings mentioned in this build guide.
Using this setup also means you can drop Yoke of Suffering for a rare amulet with a dex scaling modifier or increased %life per second added to max leech rate.
You can fill out the frenzy charges or lightning nodes near pain attunement as you get more skill points.

Another good reference point is Octavian's version which is more delve oriented and tankier.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Octavian0/ObligatoryScion
Last edited by Chapterhouse16 on Jan 2, 2019, 6:02:43 PM
"
"
Miffy23 wrote:
"

Basically refer to elitist elf character, just scale it down with budget options. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ElitistElf/ELITIST_ELF

You can swap in his rare bow for a Tempest, and whichever helmet you can get the enchant on. In the chest slot you can run inpulsa's, kaom's or shroud of the lightless. Instead of using these opal rings you can use the same rings mentioned in this build guide.
Using this setup also means you can drop Yoke of Suffering for a rare amulet with a dex scaling modifier or increased %life per second added to max leech rate.
You can fill out the frenzy charges or lightning nodes near pain attunement as you get more skill points.

Another good reference point is Octavian's version which is more delve oriented and tankier.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Octavian0/ObligatoryScion

You do realize the template you linked is using practically semi-mirror items on every slot, the jewels alone are like 5-10 ex per in league.
If you applied the same kind of ludicrous scaling to V2 of Hopeshredder it would likely be even higher.

Also, with a Tempest and more realistic items the damage is well behind, i did just play around with it.

The Watcher's Eye alone is worth a Mirror with triple Wrath xD

Not saying there aren't tons of possible variations and ways to build around flat ele stacking, they're all good.

It's just that this one is specifically centered around Hopeshredder, there are plenty of other builds with threads for Tempest or other variants.

In short, i don't see a vastly superior alternative there in any form, with that tier of gear basically any well-scaled build will wreck.

Interesting to check out though!
Love the build, currently using Version 2! Got my first ever Uber Elder kill using this build. Blast to play! Thank you. :)
"
Dafii wrote:

Taking offer if someone is interessed

That is pointless for this build.
Considering version of 2 this build, but not a fan of SA. Would I be able to incorporate tornado shot into this build and not lose out on too much?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info