[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

Spoiler
"
poojis wrote:
Please rate my build. what to improve other than mark of the elder. And the best part is... I stomped uber izaro at lvl 70 lol

character is aa_scourge

Overall you have most of what you need, but you are missing out on a couple things that would help you out a ton. First of all I strongly recommend using Increased Critical Strikes over Added Cold Damage for damage consistency, I'm aware Added Cold Damage gives more overall DPS but you want to make sure you're critting as often as possible so your damage doesn't waver around too much and also so you can apply ailments more often.

You're also missing a few key nodes you should definitely pick up in the next few levels: firstly is the one mana leech node underneath Vaal Pact which lets us basically spam skills freely, second is the crit multi nodes on the top right of the Scion tree and finally make sure you pick up Heartseeker next to Acrobatics and your damage will skyrocket.

(Sorry for the late response, been working most of the day D:)
Last edited by SkillshotsOP on Oct 11, 2018, 12:01:04 AM
I would like to see a mapping, or better a delving video of this build in action.
sure, it does a lot of damage, but as soon as something hits me, i am dead.

i am just level 90 and missing out on some parts (especially jewels) but even with 6k life i feel like i have no defenses at all.
maybe i'm just spoiled from my molten strike char and i have to adjust my playstile drastically, but i am constantly dying in delves.

Maybe someone got other suggestions and may take a look?
Char is "ArreInDelveWithABow"

Tips are really appreciated
I think you have to do a bit of kiting around. Charge arrow release, reposition. Repeat.
I see hits coming through but i leech it back at the rate of 3000 life per second. I dont see a problem at all. Right now delving around depth 180 with ease
Plus your quiver is OKish. Missing around 250 health there if you get a good quiver.
Last edited by poojis on Oct 11, 2018, 4:30:48 PM
"
Arrensen wrote:
I would like to see a mapping, or better a delving video of this build in action.

i am just level 90 and missing out on some parts (especially jewels) but even with 6k life i feel like i have no defenses at all.
maybe i'm just spoiled from my molten strike char and i have to adjust my playstile drastically, but i am constantly dying in delves.

At 6k life it's pretty strange that you feel squishy, don't get me wrong this isn't supposed to be a facetank build by any stretch of the imagination but you should be able to brush off a few hits for sure. If you feel like you're against dangerous mobs, best thing I can tell you to do is kite back a bit, and try to just clear packs from a distance. I'm currently near depth 500 in Delve and I'm not having much problem with survivability because I play like this.

If you want to play more upfront however, you definitely need to get those jewel sockets as they give quite a bit of life. And remember that at the end of the day, you should alter the build to your strengths and if you feel like you play like a tank often, then by all means spec into more life rather than damage. This build is very capable of reaching 8k life+ if you feel too squishy and gear for it.
Have you tried other skills to map with for all the indoors/tight corridors/doorways where Scourge Arrow is buggy?

I'm debating using Toxic Rain on a 2nd 6 link since I think with the amount of flat damage the explosions would do a lot of damage, but I don't see anyone using anything but the chaos damage scaling for that skill. And I'm extremely bored of using the old bow skills, did it too many times, just thinking of using TS makes me yawn.
"
SkillshotsOP wrote:
"
Arrensen wrote:

At 6k life it's pretty strange that you feel squishy, don't get me wrong this isn't supposed to be a facetank build by any stretch of the imagination but you should be able to brush off a few hits for sure. If you feel like you're against dangerous mobs, best thing I can tell you to do is kite back a bit, and try to just clear packs from a distance. I'm currently near depth 500 in Delve and I'm not having much problem with survivability because I play like this.

If you want to play more upfront however, you definitely need to get those jewel sockets as they give quite a bit of life. And remember that at the end of the day, you should alter the build to your strengths and if you feel like you play like a tank often, then by all means spec into more life rather than damage. This build is very capable of reaching 8k life+ if you feel too squishy and gear for it.

This is delve league. 6k HP is well and good but you need a lot more then that. This build has almost no dodge, and no physical mitigation to speak of. In higher delves you get blown over like you're made of paper. The defensive layer setup is just bad.
"
Namcap wrote:
Have you tried other skills to map with for all the indoors/tight corridors/doorways where Scourge Arrow is buggy?

I'm debating using Toxic Rain on a 2nd 6 link since I think with the amount of flat damage the explosions would do a lot of damage, but I don't see anyone using anything but the chaos damage scaling for that skill. And I'm extremely bored of using the old bow skills, did it too many times, just thinking of using TS makes me yawn.

Rain of Arrows is your best option for sure, believe me it's much better than Toxic Rain for this build.
Spoiler
"
Magisch wrote:
"
SkillshotsOP wrote:
"
Arrensen wrote:

This is delve league. 6k HP is well and good but you need a lot more then that. This build has almost no dodge, and no physical mitigation to speak of. In higher delves you get blown over like you're made of paper. The defensive layer setup is just bad.

I guess it kind of depends how deep you're considering on Delving, but like I said, the build performs fine in my current depth level (476) as long as you kite back and rely on your freezes.
Last edited by SkillshotsOP on Oct 12, 2018, 6:26:53 PM
Hey thanks for the detailed build!

So I have the Kaoms, the gloves, and belt.

Once I buy the 6L Hopeshredder I'll have around 15 ex left.

What should my buy priorities be from here on out?

Just want to make sure I can afford all of the important stuff :P
Might of the Meek jewels are crazy good, get those next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info