[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Ahewaz wrote:
Ok Vei... What do I upgrade next? Should I change my tree?

Spoiler

Hey Ahewaz,

Here would be my suggestions:

Spoiler
1. For your Passive Tree, if you don't have plans to get the Whirling Barrier and Counterweight Notable with the Lioneye's Fall Jewel, then the 7 Points there, 3 from Lioneye's Fall Jewel Socket, 4 from Disemboweling Notable would be better moved to take Heartseeker + Primeval Force(Upper Path) Notable instead as that provides more DPS, 787k DPS versus your current 741k DPS.

That said, if you have no intention to get any chance to block at all(Rumi's Concotion, Rearguard Quiver), then getting Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics Keystone instead of Iron Reflex Keystone might work better if you are looking to improve your defenses.

2. A Murderous Eye Abyssal Jewel with Taunt on Hit, helps with reducing damage taken as our Totems can then taunt the enemy, making Taunted enemies deal 10% less damage to targets that aren't the source of the taunt. Also go for Blind on Hit on the Jewel if you drop Iron Reflex for Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. These are also if you are looking to improve your defenses.

3. A Corrupted Quill Rain with 18% Critical Strike Implicit, the Attack Speed Corrupted Implicit on your current one gives little DPS.

4. If crafting is your cup of tea, you can try crafting non influenced Item Level 86+ Spike-Point or Penetrating Quivers with Deafening Essence of Doubt which guarantees 481-600 Flat Accuracy on it. This is higher than what is normally able to be rolled on a Quiver which is just 351-480.

In leagues with mechanics which drop materials freely, like Delirium and this league, etc, the essence will be cheap, like 1c each.

The result we want to aim for is Tier 1/2 30%+ Critical Strike Multiplier and 2 out of 3 of the following:

- 37%+ increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills(Prefix)
- 80+ Life(Prefix)
- 11%+ Attack Speed (Suffix)

Bench Craft the missing affix on the bow, then followed by this optional step which is to use an Hunter's Exalted Orb on it if it has a remaining open Prefix(Suffix needs to be full) for 50% chance of useful mods(Or 100% useful mods if one is capping Chaos Resist)

This below Quiver of mine was crafted during Delirium with the Essence, after which I throw a Hunter's Orb on it and gotten one of the two best result(10% Movespeed), a pretty amazing lucky craft.

Other than the above, you can check out the Medium/Low Value ones I mentioned here for more ideas
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2224772/page/174#p22813138

Hope these helps.

Cheers

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Oct 18, 2020, 11:42:43 AM
hey Vei, huge fan of yours. Can you give me some insight on what to upgrade and what to change pretty much.

https://pastebin.com/bC2UkcfA
Last edited by Ellusivee on Oct 24, 2020, 6:35:06 PM
"
Ellusivee wrote:
hey Vei, huge fan of yours. Can you give me some insight on what to upgrade and what to change pretty much.

https://pastebin.com/bC2UkcfA

Hey Ellusivee,

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it :)

Here would be my comments and suggestions you can consider:

Spoiler
Bigger Upgrades

1. I am not sure why you are not using Summon Skitterbot, the reason we use Summon Skitterbot is not only for the Chill and Shock the enemy but also to get the 2x 10% More(This is multiplicative) Damage per Elemental Ailment on the Enemy. That's a HUGE chunk of DPS you are missing from not using it. If you are facing mana issues after using it, try crafting "Non-Channelling Skills have (-9–-8) to Total Mana Cost" on your Corruption Coil Diamond Ring.

2. The current boot enchant(Added Cold) is a pretty weak one, definitely go for one of the five I recommended in my guide in Section 24. Enchantments if you are planning to use the boot for sometime. The listed DPS ones are big upgrades over the Added Cold.

3. On the Passive Tree, I see you went for Divine Judgement Notable, I recommend switching the 4 points to Primeval Force(Top Path) instead as that provides more DPS.

The next 2 is more pricey, so it depends on your budget

4. A Double Corrupted +4 Frostferno

5. These 2 are kind of linked:

5a. Consider upgrading to Awaken Hextouch Level 5 for a double Curse Setup, you can use either Sniper's Mark(Will require 1 more button press) or Elemental Weakness(Will require 155 Int for a Level 20)

5b. To free up a gem socket for the second curse in 5a, I would remove the Blind Support since Blind on hit can be easily gotten from one of the Abyss jewel as a suffix, and this actually is a highly recommended move(Even if you don't use a second curse) since it enables all your totem projectiles to blind the enemy instead of only your frenzy shots.

Even if you don't use a second curse, culling strike support works better in place of the blind(Since it can be gotten from just a suffix)gem. With Culling Strike, we will only need to deal 90% of the enemy's total HP to kill them which means we technically are doing 111% of our usual DPS.

6. The current amulet is Ok, but could definitely be improved

6a. Can consider crafting a new one with Awakener Orb, best base will be an Item Level 86 Turquoise(Int+Dex) Amulet.

6b. Or simply just throw an exalted on the current Amulet(With life crafted so you will only get a suffix) since it still have an open suffix, hopefully get some nice suffix like resist or crit multiplier.

Smaller Upgrades

Each of these gives roughly a Passive Tree's Small Passive worth of DPS increase, pretty optional, but if you go for all of it that could add up to be quite some DPS gains.

7a. 20% Quality on Hextouch(or Awaken Hextouch)

7b. Upgrading the Abyssal Jewels with Critical Strike Chance into Critical Multiplier(No change to others like the Attack Speed/Life) ones

7c. Changing both Combat Focus to 15% corrupted ones with Damage Penetrates 1% Fire/Elemental Resistances

7d. Using Divine Orbs on your Chin Sol to get 14% Attack Speed, the Physical Damage stat is not too important so it's fine if it's low rolled.

Others

8. On your Hierophant Ascendancy, you didn't take the small Passive before the Divine Guidance Notable, that is a better one compared to the other 2 you took as it gives an additional 10% Maximum Mana.

9. 20% Quality on Phase Run Gem

10. Your Diamond Flask is missing a suffix, would suggest beastcrafting Freeze or Bleed Removal/Immunity on it. You might want to get the remaining one on your other flask, these 2 suffix are kind of a must.

11. You are at slight bit below 5k HP and also didn't have much Chaos Resist so it would be ideal if your 2 Forbidden Taste is 98%+ rolled, I checked the price, 98% is basically 1c, 99% is 2c, not much reason not to use better ones.

12. The "Increased Damage while leeching" Craft on your glove does nothing for you/totems. This build only deal fire damage so the "Cold Leech" on your Frostferno does nothing. You can switch to the "(24–28)% increased Damage during any Flask Effect" craft.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

Last edited by Vei on Oct 24, 2020, 8:46:22 PM
hey Vei! it was a blast this leaque again ;)

2 Questions:

1. How do you craft the bow?
2. is the rare amulet worth the price? (crit multi , +1 dex +1 fire)
"
realhoffi83 wrote:
hey Vei! it was a blast this leaque again ;)

2 Questions:

1. How do you craft the bow?
2. is the rare amulet worth the price? (crit multi , +1 dex +1 fire)

Hey realhoffi83,

Great to hear that! :)

1. I assume you referring to this bow?

I crafted this during harvest league, can't really think of any feasible/practical way to craft this bow outside of harvest unfortunately. Perhaps next league when they implemented Harvest Crafting in some way then it might be doable.

2. An amulet with Tier 1 crit multi, +1 Dex and +1 Fire amulet is a bit better than Marylene's Fallacy. I would say it's worth if you want more out of your amulet, e.g. Life, Resist(Which Marylene doesn't have) in addition to the above 3 affixes.

But this is definitely not a high priority one, go for it only if you kind of ran out of "cheaper"/other things to upgrade... I see you already have a +4 Frostferno so in this case I guess it might be an upgrade you can look at. :)

P.S. Your Elemental Hit gem doesn't have any quality, definitely worth upgrading that!!

Cheers

Hi Vei.

Well, after corrupting 15 Quill Rains, I did not get the 18% however someone was selling

Spoiler

for 15C so I bought it. Is that ok or is 18 the best for min/max?
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
Hi Vei.

Well, after corrupting 15 Quill Rains, I did not get the 18% however someone was selling

Spoiler

Hey Ahewaz,

That's a bummer, hope you had better luck in your future corrupts!

The difference between the 14% and 18% Crit Chance is like 1 small passive on the Passive Tree, not too big a loss.

Cheers

P.S. Nice rolled Quill Rain with near Max/Max rolled explicit mods on it. :)

Last edited by Vei on Nov 1, 2020, 11:06:56 AM
"
Vei wrote:
"
Ahewaz wrote:
Hi Vei.

Spoiler

Hey Ahewaz,

That's a bummer, hope you had better luck in your future corrupts!

The difference between the 14% and 18% Crit Chance is like 1 small passive on the Passive Tree, not too big a loss.

Cheers

P.S. Nice rolled Quill Rain with near Max/Max rolled explicit mods on it. :)

Thanks!

I don't suppose you know the number on the

to get the

- 10% chance to *Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit(A Must Get Mod if 2 Passive Point away)
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
Thanks!

I don't suppose you know the number on the

to get the

- 10% chance to *Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit(A Must Get Mod if 2 Passive Point away)

No prob!

Ya unable to find any formula/info on that. This one I just buy(sometimes in bulk) to "test" and immediately resell if it doesn't have it. Not much choice XD

P.S. In case you are thinking of it, don't use Divine Orb, cost lots more and only 1/3 chances of getting the right name(Akoya) besides having to roll intimidate through the number.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Vei for updating/maintaining the guide for this build over the iterations since the original. This league is the first time I've been able to put together pretty much all of the items to make it really good.

To try and help Ahewaz out, the following are the Lethal Prides I went through:
16587 (My current jewel)
- Golem's Blood - Intimidate
- Surveillance - 20% Fire Res
- Defiance - Intimidate
- Disciple of The Slaughter - 5% Double Damage

- Golem's Blood - 20% Fire Res
- Surveillance - 5% Double Damage

Useless ones:
11392, 12132, 12562, 14992, 15409, 15603, 16778, 17311

Like Vei said, pretty much just have to buy/try/sell until you get a good one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info