[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

This build went from being amazing in heists to quite squishy after the patch. I died 3 times in a couple hundred heists up till the patch yesterday. Since the patch I've died in like 6 out of 18 heists. People were joking about the league starting yesterday, for me it was more like the league ending.

edit* It occurred to me I hadn't upgraded any of my gear in over a week and a half - I got new boots, a new quiver, a new ring, a stygian vice and a prismatic jewel and significantly increased my DPS and defense - I'm back to slaying without a worry again :)
Last edited by Plane on Oct 8, 2020, 6:36:06 PM
Ok Vei,

What one should I use?

Thanks!
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Use the divergent one.
just wanted to thank you that you supported this build further, started it as my second character. t15/16 maps going through like a breeze, did my first sirus right (a5 only, died 3 times due my own struggle with the boss-mechanics) and overall pretty happy. think i will stop investing i dont need any more dmg.

gear used:
Spoiler
"
Plane wrote:
This build went from being amazing in heists to quite squishy after the patch. I died 3 times in a couple hundred heists up till the patch yesterday. Since the patch I've died in like 6 out of 18 heists. People were joking about the league starting yesterday, for me it was more like the league ending.

edit* It occurred to me I hadn't upgraded any of my gear in over a week and a half - I got new boots, a new quiver, a new ring, a stygian vice and a prismatic jewel and significantly increased my DPS and defense - I'm back to slaying without a worry again :)

Great to hear that its working well again after those upgrades! :)

"
Ahewaz wrote:
Ok Vei,

What one should I use?

Thanks!

Hey Ahewaz!

The Divergent Ballista Totem will be the best option :)

"
komitid wrote:
Use the divergent one.

Thanks for helping with the answer! :)

"
Boloso wrote:
just wanted to thank you that you supported this build further, started it as my second character. t15/16 maps going through like a breeze, did my first sirus right (a5 only, died 3 times due my own struggle with the boss-mechanics) and overall pretty happy. think i will stop investing i dont need any more dmg.

gear used:
Spoiler

Awesome to hear that you are happy with the build! Hope it continues to serve you well. :)

Cheers

Sidenote to all:

I added a new section "Upgrade Reference List", it's in "Part 3" of the guide, can't believe I ran out of Space in Part 2! XD

"What should I upgrade?" is definitely the top most asked question and I think this will be a very handy reference on what to look for to upgrade.

Here is a direct link to it:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2224772/page/174#p22813138
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Oct 10, 2020, 6:31:12 AM
FINALLY! Had to buy it but I do not care... This league is a loot pinata.

Spoiler
So I made it to lvl 96 the other night, the next morning I went to go check on PoE ninja to see how I compared to other people playing this build and I noticed something was a little off about my notable passives... Turns out I never allocated Avatar of Fire.

So yeah, I managed to go from 840k dps to 1150k dps in PoB with that one point and now I'm paranoid that I may be making some other completely bone-headed mistake. It seems most people above me in DPS are going for a more OneShotKill edition with point blank and bottled faith - I am as of yet undecided if I want to go for this or keep it nice and lazy with Vei's normal version.

Also, I have discovered one problem I personally have with this build that has started to cause me some consternation - I think it may be a little too fast and too powerful and when I am really zooming in a highly populated area I can feel my computer and the PoE servers start to wage war with each other. I keep pushing and I feel a tiny bit of input delay here and a tiny bit of lag there, and then its like it all eventually builds up to a breaking point and then there's either a complete pause in the game or the game speeds up and plays out 10 seconds of saved up gameplay and my character gets killed in an instant, or my character runs off into the darkness of a delve and dies to darkness stacks while I am unable to do anything. I have all of my options set to low and have even tried lowering my resolution but it doesn't seem to be an issue on my end, it seems this build just pushes the PoE servers a tiny bit too hard and it ends poorly for my character. This has become especially bad as I try to delve deeper and faster -- the likelihood of a lag/freeze/overload has been getting worse and worse.
Does this sound reasonable or do you think it actually is my computer's fault? I don't have a ridiculous computer but a ryzen 1600x + gtx1060 should be pretty decent at running a 7 year old game on minimum settings at 1080p methinks and my internet is in general pretty quality.
Last edited by Plane on Oct 13, 2020, 9:30:06 PM
Hi Vei, I want to ask something about the timeless jewel.

Now I have 2 good options:-
1. Provides 20% totem damage + 5% chance to deal double damage
2. 10% chance to intimidate + 20% fire resistance.

Which one should I use?
Thanks.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
FINALLY! Had to buy it but I do not care... This league is a loot pinata.

Spoiler

Congrats on that! Enjoy your new firepower! ;)

"
Plane wrote:
Also, I have discovered one problem I personally have with this build that has started to cause me some consternation - I think it may be a little too fast and too powerful and when I am really zooming in a highly populated area I can feel my computer and the PoE servers start to wage war with each other. I keep pushing and I feel a tiny bit of input delay here and a tiny bit of lag there, and then its like it all eventually builds up to a breaking point and then there's either a complete pause in the game or the game speeds up and plays out 10 seconds of saved up gameplay and my character gets killed in an instant, or my character runs off into the darkness of a delve and dies to darkness stacks while I am unable to do anything. I have all of my options set to low and have even tried lowering my resolution but it doesn't seem to be an issue on my end, it seems this build just pushes the PoE servers a tiny bit too hard and it ends poorly for my character. This has become especially bad as I try to delve deeper and faster -- the likelihood of a lag/freeze/overload has been getting worse and worse.
Does this sound reasonable or do you think it actually is my computer's fault? I don't have a ridiculous computer but a ryzen 1600x + gtx1060 should be pretty decent at running a 7 year old game on minimum settings at 1080p methinks and my internet is in general pretty quality.

My experience for that "10 second catch up" situation seems to only happens in two scenarios:

1. When I start to get bad lag spikes, when that happens the "10 second catch up" occurs whenever I engage like 3+(estimated) packs of mobs. My normal latency is 16-33ms and at those latency I have no problems even if the screen is really crazy.

2. When it's really really really LOTS of monster, more than the usual full screen of monsters, maybe 3 screens(Using 2560*1440 Resolution) worth of concentrated monsters(Estimated) in one screen. This don't really happen normally unless I try to drag all the monsters to one location.

As for delving, I don't encounter the issue unless it lags like in Point 1 above. I tend to follow behind the Crawler normally though and don't explore darkness. Deepest Depth I did was 460 and everything was fine.

I am using the following:

Configuration/Info
- Lockstep
- Most graphic settings set to highest except Anti-Aliasing and Shadows(Off or Lowest)
- Average Frame Rates are 30-60 in hideout, 15-30 during combat

PC Config
Core i3-4150
GTX 960 4Gb

These are my experiences with the "10 second catch up" scenarios.

Just an idea, something maybe you can consider trying to see if it helps, is swapping to a max 50% attack speed Storm Cloud. It's roughly equal to Quill Rain in terms of DPS, just missing those Proj Speed, Dex, Flat Acc on Quill Rain. It's a slower bow so less taxing on the calculations.

"
komitid wrote:
Hi Vei, I want to ask something about the timeless jewel.

Now I have 2 good options:-
1. Provides 20% totem damage + 5% chance to deal double damage
2. 10% chance to intimidate + 20% fire resistance.

Which one should I use?
Thanks.

Hey komitid,

I extracted your character into POB to work out the numbers, shaper DPS as follows:

1. Provides 20% totem damage + 5% chance to deal double damage - 1.071m
2. 10% chance to intimidate + 20% fire resistance. - 1.108m

So Intimidate wins in terms of DPS, the additional 20% fire resist bonus is nice too. :)

P.S. One of your ring slot is empty so I just put the other ring you using on the empty ring slot for the above calculations.

Cheers
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Oct 16, 2020, 4:47:07 AM
Ok Vei... What do I upgrade next? Should I change my tree?

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info