[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hey thanks for quickly reply, checked out the POB.
Started this as second char after buying starter items, leveling is breeze.

Hey, no problem! Hope the build serves you well :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Quick question and sorry if I missed it in the guide but POB doesn't seem to either recognize the

increased Critical Strike Chance against Shocked Enemies
Or
increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies

on the gloves or it doesn't help as much with DPS (at least at my current state). At least when comparing using gloves that have those attributes to just flat accuracy, attack speed, and life gloves they don't seem to provide as much DPS increased. Now this may be a mis configuration on my part in POB but I'm pretty sure that I have it configured like the POB posted.

Are those two attributes really helpful in DPS or where they more suggestions for mid tier? Would just higher flat accuracy, attack speed, and life gloves be better?

I will note I'm only only at 95% hit chance so maybe its the increase in hit chance that is causing the DPS between the two not to be very large?

At least at this point in the league good versions of shocked/chilled gloves seem to be around 1ex but just flat accuracy/attack speed gloves are much cheaper so just trying to figure out where the best option to invest in is.

Thanks again!
"
mrwaggles wrote:
Quick question and sorry if I missed it in the guide but POB doesn't seem to either recognize the

Or

With regards to this, as long as the affix on the item is not in red colour in POB, which these 2 affixes are not, POB will recognize it and factor it into its calculations assuming the settings(Enemy is Chilled/Shocked) is correct.

In our case, the enemy will be shocked/chilled through Skitterbot, so as long your Skitterbot is Enabled(The box directly below it ticked) the DPS from this affix will be reflected.

Alternatively, let's say if you shock/chill the enemy through other means other than Skitterbot, then maybe you might have to enable it through the "Configure" Tab in POB, look for "For Effective DPS", there you can see the options for

"Is the enemy chilled"
"Is the enemy shocked"

Tick them to ensure POB determines the enemy as chilled/shocked.

"
mrwaggles wrote:
Are those two attributes really helpful in DPS or where they more suggestions for mid tier? Would just higher flat accuracy, attack speed, and life gloves be better?

These 2 Puhuarte affixes doesn't provide the strongest DPS itself. However,

1. Due to the limited amount of non crafted DPS available as Suffixes on Gloves which is about just 3 of them namely:

- Flat Accuracy
- Attack Speed
- Puhuarte Affixes

We want to maximize the DPS we can get from each affix slot on each item, which means we want these 3 on our Glove's Suffix if possible.

*Life is a Prefix

2. These Puhuarte affixes always come with Tier 1 Resist which means they are basically 2 affixes in 1, and that makes them a strong choice even though DPS wise they are weaker than say a Tier 1 Attack Speed/Flat Accuracy affix. With this additional Resist, we can trade Resist for DPS in our other equipment affix slot and that generally results in a higher DPS overall.

Of course if there isn't much good choices(or only expensive ones) for Puhuarte gloves in the market currently, go for a normal Attack Speed + Flat Accuracy + Life Gloves.

Later on to min max DPS + Defense on items, we definitely want to use a Puhuarte Cold/Lightning Glove with high Flat Accuracy and Attack Speed.

Hope that answers your question :)

"
Vei wrote:
"
mrwaggles wrote:

Or

With regards to this, as long as the affix on the item is not in red colour in POB, which these 2 affixes are not, POB will recognize it and factor it into its calculations assuming the settings(Enemy is Chilled/Shocked) is correct.

In our case, the enemy will be shocked/chilled through Skitterbot, so as long your Skitterbot is Enabled(The box directly below it ticked) the DPS from this affix will be reflected.

Alternatively, let's say if you shock/chill the enemy through other means other than Skitterbot, then maybe you might have to enable it through the "Configure" Tab in POB, look for "For Effective DPS", there you can see the options for

"Is the enemy chilled"
"Is the enemy shocked"

Tick them to ensure POB determines the enemy as chilled/shocked.

"
mrwaggles wrote:

These 2 Puhuarte affixes doesn't provide the strongest DPS itself. However,

1. Due to the limited amount of non crafted DPS available as Suffixes on Gloves which is about just 3 of them namely:

- Flat Accuracy
- Attack Speed
- Puhuarte Affixes

We want to maximize the DPS we can get from each affix slot on each item, which means we want these 3 on our Glove's Suffix if possible.

*Life is a Prefix

2. These Puhuarte affixes always come with Tier 1 Resist which means they are basically 2 affixes in 1, and that makes them a strong choice even though DPS wise they are weaker than say a Tier 1 Attack Speed/Flat Accuracy affix. With this additional Resist, we can trade Resist for DPS in our other equipment affix slot and that generally results in a higher DPS overall.

Of course if there isn't much good choices(or only expensive ones) for Puhuarte gloves in the market currently, go for a normal Attack Speed + Flat Accuracy + Life Gloves.

Later on to min max DPS + Defense on items, we definitely want to use a Puhuarte Cold/Lightning Glove with high Flat Accuracy and Attack Speed.

Hope that answers your question :)

It does and that makes sense. Sorry for all the noob questions and do appreciate the thoughtful and detailed answers.

I think it comes down to me not comparing complete fair comparisons, either missing some affix's on the chilled/shocked gloves or having more of the desired ones on the basic gloves.

It makes sense that there's a limited amount of good suffixes and the benefits of having the chilled or shocked providing a higher resistances makes sense.

It does look like they added the skitterbot AI to the known issue list, players have been reporting that the AI doesn't seem to be working correctly (not going directly toward enemies) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474 so maybe right now its worth focusing on the cheaper upgrade and then going for the Puhuarte gloves to min max after it has been fixed or just keeping an eye on trade.

Once again appreciate the really detailed response and just want to say that it really does help out.

Thanks!
"
mrwaggles wrote:
It does and that makes sense. Sorry for all the noob questions and do appreciate the thoughtful and detailed answers.

I think it comes down to me not comparing complete fair comparisons, either missing some affix's on the chilled/shocked gloves or having more of the desired ones on the basic gloves.

It makes sense that there's a limited amount of good suffixes and the benefits of having the chilled or shocked providing a higher resistances makes sense.

It does look like they added the skitterbot AI to the known issue list, players have been reporting that the AI doesn't seem to be working correctly (not going directly toward enemies) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474 so maybe right now its worth focusing on the cheaper upgrade and then going for the Puhuarte gloves to min max after it has been fixed or just keeping an eye on trade.

Once again appreciate the really detailed response and just want to say that it really does help out.

Thanks!

I guess with the Skitterbot issue(Which I am not aware of until you mentioned it), getting a cheaper non Puhuarte Gloves definitely makes more sense for now, always can upgrade later anyway. :)

And no problem, happy to help. Just ask anytime you have any questions. I'll try my best to answer.

Cheers

hey, thx for the reply @vei!
fortgot to answer ;)

just some notes^^... that abyss jewwel with blind + taunt is so strong... flat accuracy too!

just another question... what are the best exalted orbs to spam a prefix on gloves and my quiver? thought hunter on quiver for movementspeed or pierce... but no idea on gloves... :/

so my gear is perfect in shape now :D ...
todos:
1. good belt
2. spam exalted orbs on glove/quiver ;)
hi one query, (noob question :( ).
80-90K DPS is per arrow fired right, and that is the reason increasing attack speed is good so that totems fire more arrow per second and that builds up dps? Just trying to understand why attack speed is dps boost.

With that roughly what DPS are we looking at with around 1-2 ex budget?
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
80-90K DPS is per arrow fired right, and that is the reason increasing attack speed is good so that totems fire more arrow per second and that builds up dps?

Yes that is correct, but keep in mind out of the 3 arrows that is fired from a totem, only 1 can hit the same enemy, i.e. you can't "Shotgun" the enemy. If you want to "Shotgun", then you have to go for Barrage Support Option(More for bosses).

"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
With that roughly what DPS are we looking at with around 1-2 ex budget?

It's very hard to give numbers for that, there is so many factors, Passive Point invested into your Skill Tree, What stats are on the equipments, auras/skills activated, any power/frenzy charges up, enemy conditions, etc

In general, I would say without any skills activated and no totems summoned recently, 30k mouseover DPS in game is a good start for T11-T13 Maps, 60k+ mouseover DPS in game is good start for T14-T16 Maps.

"
realhoffi83 wrote:
hey, thx for the reply @vei! fortgot to answer ;)

I thought you don't love me any more and didn't want to reply me :(

Just kidding! No problem! ;)

"
realhoffi83 wrote:
just some notes^^... that abyss jewwel with blind + taunt is so strong... flat accuracy too!

Yes, these are a must get for this build :)

"
realhoffi83 wrote:
just another question... what are the best exalted orbs to spam a prefix on gloves and my quiver? thought hunter on quiver for movementspeed or pierce...

Yeah for Prefix on Quivers, Hunter's Exalted Orb is the best. There isn't really any useless mod, just not as useful one which is the Maximum Chaos Resistance if we don't cap Chaos Resist so it's a safe bet. Hunter's Exalted Orb is definitely the way to go.

"
realhoffi83 wrote:
but no idea on gloves... :/

For Prefix on Gloves we have 3 choices:

- Hunter's Exalted Orb
- Warlord's Exalted Orb
- Exalted Orb(Normal One)/Leo's Research Exalted Slam

Hunter's Exalted Orb

One affix we want from this is:

(7–10)% chance to Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit

Considering the weightage of this is very low, plus we are able to get this affix from Lethal Pride (If we try hard enough ;) ), we can give Hunter's Exalted Orb a miss.

Warlord's Exalted Orb

We want 2 affix from this, namely:

+1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
(18–30)% increased Projectile Attack Damage

Base on the weightage, its about 26.53% chance(1625/6125) to get one of the above rolls.

Normal Exalted Orb/Leo's Research Exalted Slam

There are only a few useless mods here for us which are

(0.2–0.4)% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
(0.2–0.4)% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life

Otherwise the rest is a little bit helpful in some way, definitely nowhere as strong as the ones we can get from Warlord's Exalted Orb.

Base on the gloves you are using currently, assuming its item level is high enough to roll all mods and "Adds (3–5) to (6–8) Physical Damage to Attacks" is bench crafted on the glove to block this from rolling(it's pretty meh for us)

Odds to get a useful mod is 92.85% Chance(26000/28000)

So,

Warlord's Exalted Orb = Bigger Risk Bigger Returns
Exalted Orb(Normal One)/Leo's Research Exalted Slam = Small Risk Small Returns

Just note before using Exalted Orb to:

1. Check the Item level on your Glove to see what affix can you get
2. Craft the "Adds ## to ## Physical Damage to Attacks" on your glove first if you plan on using the Normal Exalted Orb/Leo's Ex Slam to block the affix from rolling

"
realhoffi83 wrote:
1. good belt

Not sure if you saw this reply of mine(For another player) but putting it here for references

"
Vei wrote:
Crafting Item Level 86+ Hunter Influenced Stygian Vise.

Scour and Apply Fertile Catalyst on it before crafting to increase the odds for Life Rolls, then use 2 Socket Resonators socketed with Pristine + Prismatic Fossil on it. There are not a lot of affixes on belts so the chances of getting a decent one is very good, usually in less than 20-40 tries.

Potential jackpot is a Flat Life + % Life + Ele Dmg + Triple Resist one :)

Best of luck in your rolls! :)

Any tips for handling mana issues? When I activate grace I'm not feeling comfortable with my mana. It's not that is impossible to play but yeah - not comfortable for me.

Mana Flask would be obvious but I would prefer to avoid it :D For now i run without grace active because of that.

And what is your opinion on Vitality as Aura? Because I have the feeling that the life regen is a bit low.
Last edited by Kewrdy on Oct 1, 2020, 7:21:08 AM
thx vei!

glovaes had T3 Projectile Dmg
quiver +2 max chaos res... :/

well the belt... i need some res + dmg! :/

so life some cold/chaos resis i want on it -.-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info