[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

@Vei I really want to try this build for 3.10, I just wanted to ask how was your damage for A8 bosses and the conquerors?

Also are you updating your pob for 3.10 if you get the patch notes?

One more question one the 3 curse setup. For a cheaper but the same life pool can't you use the following setup?

1 Curse that you get normal

1 Curse from the awaken gem

1 Curse from the amulet anoint

Or do you get less damage by changing the anoint on the amulet?

Thanks you
Last edited by DTBA on Mar 9, 2020, 10:24:42 AM
"
DTBA wrote:
Vei I really want to try this build for 3.10, I just wanted to ask how was your damage for A8 bosses and the conquerors?

A8 Map bosses and Conquerors are mostly put Totems down, spray some arrows, dance/dodge around until they die, around 10 second or less for A8 Map Bosses/Metamorphs, 15 seconds for A8 Conquerors with my current equipment.

As for A8 Sirius, I personally only fight him once this league quite a while back with weaker gears so can't comment much.

"
DTBA wrote:
Also are you updating your pob for 3.10 if you get the patch notes?

For POB, I probably will update after POB get its update for 3.10. But I will give my initial thoughts after the patch notes is out plus update anything necessary(if info is sufficient) in my writeup at page 173 so it's relevant for 3.10.

Those interested can just refer to the "bottom" of that writeup where I will indicate any Updates I make to it.

Just putting some of my initial thoughts on the Cluster Jewel here.

Currently my suggested Passive Tree is pretty heavily invested in lots of DPS passives in the Ranger side of the Passive Tree, and from the previews, I am not sure if its worth re-pathing in the Passive Tree to get those Passives from the Cluster Jewels, base on DPS gained/passive invested.

Well, I guess we will see that soon, since the Cluster Jewel preview will be releasing in less than a day.

"
DTBA wrote:

One more question one the 3 curse setup. For a cheaper but the same life pool can't you use the following setup?

1 Curse that you get normal

1 Curse from the awaken gem

1 Curse from the amulet anoint

Or do you get less damage by changing the anoint on the amulet?

Good question, I did research what you mentioned before in POB(Base on my 1m DPS POB equipment). Here's my comments and you can see why that setup is not ideal.

VS Normal Mobs

Normal Mobs are basically dying instantly already even without any curse, so even though the 3rd Curse gives much more DPS "on paper", there isn't really any point or practical use to having the additional DPS/Curse.

VS Shaper/Guardian

3 Curse Option(i.e. What you mentioned)
- Using Awaken Curse on Hit(Level 5) to enable 2nd Curse
- Using Whispers of Doom for Amulet Anoint to enable 3rd Curse (Thus sacrificing the DPS from Shaman's Dominion but gaining lots of life by letting us use Kaom's Heart)

DPS is 653k

2 Curse Option
- Using Awaken Curse on Hit(Level 5) to enable 2nd Curse
- Using Shaman's Dominion for Amulet Annoint

DPS is 660k

You can see that the DPS is actually a decrease when VS Shaper/Guardian using the 3 Curse Setup(No Shaman's Dominion) compared to the 2 Curse Setup(with Shaman's Dominion). Not to mention you also need 1 additional Gem Socket + a 6L bow for the 3 curse setup.

Because of the above reasons, it's better to just go for the 2 Curse Option.

Hope that explains.

Cheers
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Mar 9, 2020, 2:25:02 PM
Thank you so much for the time and effort putting into updating the info.

Also looking forward on what 3.10 brings. Are you planning to role this build again ?

I am just holding out for patch notes,
"
DTBA wrote:
Thank you so much for the time and effort putting into updating the info.

Also looking forward on what 3.10 brings. Are you planning to role this build again ?

I am just holding out for patch notes,

Yes! I will definitely be playing this build again in 3.10! (Unless GGG nuke(nerf) it into the Abyss ;) )

Cheers

This might be a very nice QOL
Spoiler
Snaring Spirits
30% increased Totem Damage
Totems Hinder Enemies near them when Summoned, with 25% reduced Movement Speed

This would be nice for boss damage? but totems can die pretty fast so 2 seconds is a long time
Spoiler
Ancestral Might
20% increased Totem Damage
30% increased Totem Duration
30% increased Totem Damage if you haven't Summoned a Totem in the past 2 seconds

Now this I like
Spoiler
Sleepless Sentries
20% increased Totem Duration
Attack Skills have +1 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems
Here's my initial thoughts on the Cluster Jewel Preview

Cluster Jewel

Spoiler

Notables of Interest

This DPS notable definitely stood out

Sleepless Sentries
20% increased Totem Duration
Attack Skills have +1 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems

But is it as good as it seems?

So I did some testing and base on the numbers, Sleepless Sentries is a small DPS increase. Thus to be worth investing into, it needs to be paired/rolled with at least another DPS Notable(or Jewel Socket), ideally one of the ones I mention in the next paragraph.

Below are the next best DPS notables from the preview

Precise Commander
You and nearby Allies have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance
You and nearby Allies have +15% to Critical Strike Multiplier

Repeater
30% increased Projectile Damage
8% increased Attack and Cast Speed

Martial Prowess
20% increased Attack Damage
6% increased Attack Speed
15% increased Global Accuracy Rating
20% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills

These are great DPS notables, though for them to be worthy enough, there need to be at least 2 plus some another DPS Notable(or Jewel Socket) before I would consider going for them.

The following 2 are "Hybrids" (DPS + Something else) which I thought is worthy of note because of their "utility"

Shrieking Bolts
35% increased Projectile Damage
10% chance to Taunt Enemies on Projectile Hit

Decent DPS with the chance to taunt enemies which helps a lot with the super fast attack speed from Quill Rain.

Aerodynamics
Projectiles Pierce an additional Target
20% increased Projectile Speed
10% increased Projectile Damage

If you need piercing then this is definitely a decent option.

Cluster Jewel Location

Possible place to place the Cluster Jewel(2 Options)

1. To the Right of Avatar of Fire Keystone

- We get some DPS from 2 x Elemental Damage Passive
- 10 Int
- Requires 4 Passive Points

2. Lower Left of Point Blank Keystone

- We get some Evasion from 2 x Evasion Passive
- Requires 3 Passive Points(1 less than above)

The DPS gained from the 2 x 6% Elemental Damage passive from 1st option is quite small although the 10 Int is useful for us. By going for the second option, it saves us one Passive Point, which IMO is better.

Edit(11th March 2020): Rewrote some of my comments after some additional testing.

And here's my comments on the Patch Notes changes affecting our build

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Nerf

Precision
Now grants 20% increased Critical Strike Chance to you and nearby allies at gem level 1 (from 40%), up to 58% at gem level 20 (from 59%).

The Critical Strike Chance nerf to our DPS is negligible and not really of a concern.

Buff

Ballista Totem Support
Now causes supported skills to deal 42% less damage at gem level 1 (from 50%), up to 33% less at gem level 20 (from 41%).

This is a Big DPS buff for us! Considering that this will be multiplied by 7 Totems, Hooray!

Base on my estimate, my 1m DPS POB should be now doing 1.16m DPS per totem projectile with this change.

All totems and ballistas now have approximately 50% more base life than previously

Nice that our totems can last longer now, perhaps the Ironwood Notable won't be as necessary now and that will give us 2 Passive Point to allocate to somewhere else.. *cough* Cluster Jewel *cough*..

Will have to play and test(on T16 A8 map) to find out how the totems fare without the Ironwood Notable.

Other than the above, didn't see any other changes in the Patch Notes that affects our build so yup things looking great for 3.10 :)

P.S. Both the above info added to my writeup(Link in my signature) at Page 173
P.S. POB Pastebin updated to 3.10. Gems(Ballista Totem) in POB is still using the 3.9 version(As of 12th March) so DPS shown there is lower than actual one.

Last edited by Vei on Mar 11, 2020, 1:24:11 PM
Mate, tnx u for the great work on this guide, but if can add actual information at the first page, not at 173, it will really nice.
It's really uncomfortable switch page back and forward.
Please-please-please (:
Thanks for your updating of the build Vei.
Is it possible for you to start a new thread for 3.10?
Credit Lunasicc (OP) for the initial build and start fresh for 3.10.

Might be easier for everyone to follow.
Last edited by CoulAsAGhoul on Mar 12, 2020, 5:58:27 AM
"
Thanks for your updating of the build Vei.
Is it possible for you to start a new thread for 3.10?
Credit Lunasicc (OP) for the initial build and start fresh for 3.10.

Might be easier for everyone to follow.

As this thread is created by Lunasicc187, I think it's better(and respectful) to see what is his thoughts and plans for this build going forward. I will drop him a message when I see him online and see what he says.

Last edited by Vei on Mar 12, 2020, 2:32:50 PM
hi all :)
wanted to start the build tomorrow following the original guide, but now I saw the input by Vei on 173. Seems the damage is good, but also seems to have lost almost all defenses? or am I overlooking something? looks very nice, but not sure about the survivability.

when comparing the original PoB to the newer (page 173) one, the original has around 9k evasion, the newer one has 2k. how is that survive any normal mapping or boss hits? Any info about how squishy this feels?

thanks for all the info! and good league start everyone! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info