[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
kestak wrote:
"
2) The Hierophant Ascendency now only grants +1 to maximum Totem (down from 2). This means, we have a total Totem count of 4 (down from 5).
But at the same time we now summon 2 totems per cast (up from 1) and we get 3% increased flat damage per totem (total of 12% increased damage). This compentates mostly the missing totem. And for endgame boss-killing it is nice to have a faster output of the maximum damage-potential (2 casts to have all totems up).

But at the same time we get the new "Multiple Totem Support" gem, which will give us +2 totems (for the loss of 20% damage at level 20). So we gain +50% total amount of totem (6 totems) for the loss of 20% damage & we need to change the "Elemental Damange with Attack Skills Support" gem in the frostferno 4-link setup. (new version of PoB isn´t released yet - can´t calcutale the actual numbers with the new linking yet).

My advice for mapping = use "multiple totem support" for mapping (total of 6 totems) AND use "Elemental Damange with Attack Skills Support" for bosses (4 totems).

I am very sorry guys, I have the feeling that it is in my face but I cannot see what I need to use to get the 5th and 6th totem. May someone put it right into my face and tell me what I need to do? hehehehehe

Thank you
p.S.: Great build and fun to play!

It's not only in your face, it's also in the first sentence of that quote! Hierophsnt got nerfed in 3.6 and can only spawn 4 totems. They had to do this to nerf the discharge totem build, which is now non-existent.

If you want more totems, your only option is the multiple totem support gem, but this will require you to make a sacrifice elsewhere (combustion/elemental damage with attacks support) and will lower your damage output to levels that make the extra totems totally not worth it.

Four totems is more than enough, however. I take down uber elder in about a minute, and clear maps with insane speed. The only drawback with the build is no leech and slow movement speed.
But the last sentence talks about 6 totems:

"
My advice for mapping = use "multiple totem support" for mapping (total of 6 totems) AND use "Elemental Damange with Attack Skills Support" for bosses (4 totems).

Anyway, thank you very much for the answer. I now know the limit is 4.

Another question: Anyone tried that build with a Tukohama's Fortress and a high damage weapon (No idea which one would do that to the bst) with shield charge to get more tankiness with fortify?

Level 89 and 6.6k life here. Very fun to play and I plan to use this build for the next league as a starter build instead to have it as a second build.

Thank you
"
kestak wrote:

Another question: Anyone tried that build with a Tukohama's Fortress and a high damage weapon (No idea which one would do that to the bst) with shield charge to get more tankiness with fortify?

Rather than just plain nay-saying and replying something like "Tukohama's might work, but by the time you twist the build into fitting it in, you've lost it all", I thought I'd whack it into PoB.

So, in PoB I tried Tuko's and a maxxed out Piscator's Vigil, and got 45% of the DPS the author's build has! I admit I didn't look too hard after that to tune it better. I suspect the missing DPS is because we "double-dip" close range mechanics. See, the Point Blank mechanic (the corruption on Skirmish quiver) and Chin Sol’s close range are different damage bonuses, and stack multiplicatively with each other. At the risk of sounding like the author’s fanboi, that’s some serious damage scaling, and all that’s required is putting your totems in the boss’ face.
Got this lovely one

I will try to run Temporal Chains + Enfeeble to see if I can stop getting killed. My char has 6.8k hp and still get killed by mobs sometimes. Get stuck at lvl 95.
Would Spiked Gloves work instead of Gripped Gloves?
In Elemental Hit Description it says Melee and Projectile
"
Beebsman wrote:
"
kestak wrote:

Rather than just plain nay-saying and replying something like "Tukohama's might work, but by the time you twist the build into fitting it in, you've lost it all", I thought I'd whack it into PoB.

So, in PoB I tried Tuko's and a maxxed out Piscator's Vigil, and got 45% of the DPS the author's build has! I admit I didn't look too hard after that to tune it better. I suspect the missing DPS is because we "double-dip" close range mechanics. See, the Point Blank mechanic (the corruption on Skirmish quiver) and Chin Sol’s close range are different damage bonuses, and stack multiplicatively with each other. At the risk of sounding like the author’s fanboi, that’s some serious damage scaling, and all that’s required is putting your totems in the boss’ face.

Thank you for the answer. It makes sense, especially if it is multiplicative.
"
Got this lovely one

I will try to run Temporal Chains + Enfeeble to see if I can stop getting killed. My char has 6.8k hp and still get killed by mobs sometimes. Get stuck at lvl 95.

Greetings,

Now level 90 and 6695 HPs. I am used to play the big boy (Marauder Juggernaut) and this is the second time I play that build (at the end of last seasons and this season since about 1 week). My character is FAR to be maxed equipement wise. But I spent most of my currency for my first character (Consecrated path build).

In the last 2 days, I experimented with a few things and I found it the following that helped me (Emphasis on ME!!!!!):

Phase run: I use a Quicksilver and phase run at the same time. I end up from 44% to 145% movement speed.

Enfeeble with blasphemy: I do not feel I lack DPS with non bosses. It is just a little bit more challenging with red beasts and Betrayal encounters. However, with that curse, I found out that my life goes a lot less down when I end up in the thick of mobs by mistake.

Blink arrow: I use it all the time to get out of dodge. Get skilled with this skill...hehehe

I use that CWDT setup to blind enemies. With Phase run I rarely get hit a second time.

Last thing that I am just beginning to be ok with: Totem placement. I am used to go into the thick of the fight. You cannot do that. You need to place yourself tactically in regards of your totems.

Now, I wonder and maybe someone can answer:

-Would it work and does it exist jewels with attacks blind on hit and totem taunt? Socketing one or two would add a hell of a defensive layer. I used something like with my other character and my Herald of Purity.

Thank you
Last edited by kestak on Apr 6, 2019, 6:52:51 AM
I respect some life nodes and got 44% increased Evasion additionally without loosing health. Those are the nodes left from "Finesse". I still die a lot, died 6 times since I hit Level 94. Any way to get more done? Which damages can I drop to get more evasion and life?

Is it good to go on +evasion% because a lot of items do not have evasion on it. Kaoms heart has armour, boots have armour. Onlyy frostferno got good evasion. So how can I improve survivability?

Survivibility = more HP. Evasion doenst protect u at all. I played gladiator max block 82% (spells and attacks) and it was normal situation i got 4 hits in row without single block.

So if u want to survive, get as much HP as u can. If u can boost it with GAIN LIFE ON HIT, then its really defensive layer + enfeeble aura help a lot.
"
wh1spo wrote:

"the dream" i guess would be a triple curse setup with flammability, proj weak and ele weak.... but that requires a yoke with corruption... or a decent body armour with additional curse crafted, but i think i would loose too much hp.... going under 4k life... which is not that great hehehehe

Looks like you made some changes to your build again. You are using 6L Lioneye's with triple curse with 5 points - flammability, ele weakness and projectile weakness. A true Totem Cannon, albeit with 4.5k HP only. According to POB, you are hitting almost 2 million DPS.

A few questions per your experience:

1. How's Lioneye's Glare vs Chin Sol vs Quill Rain?
At the moment I am using Quill Rain and I quite like the speed over Chin Sol. I assume main thing with Lioneye's is that hits cannot be evaded.

2. How's your 4.5k HP in most content? Or are you mostly farming maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info