[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

What should be my focus in terms of improving damage? I do alright, but im not sure where to invest my currency, as i "only" have around 4ex and 212 chaos right now.
"
pattycak3 wrote:
I know the guide says not to use ele overload but Im using Ele Overload with this to compensate for the sub par gear, Also instead of taking Divine Guidance, I went with Sign of Purpose and use the Storm Brand to procc both Ele Overload and Sign of purpose. I think the Storm Brand Shocks too. The Gear is quite expensive, i got lucky enough for the Tombfist to drop but the corruptions i feel like are a must to do the damage this thread is saying.

over all, fast clear speed. Thanks for the build. Im gonna try the Scion Next when I get the gems all leveled up.

Grats on the gloves!
About your set up you could sell your gloves (they are more QOL then anything) and purchase the helm for 6 ex with AOE corruption. Which leaves you 1-2 ex to spend on other upgrades ie boots, better rings, point blank skirmish...

As for going scion i highly dont recomend doing that unless you have minmaxed hiero and just need the 14 exalt jewel... also the might of the meeks are 1 ex each so if your hurting for currency now you will really be hurting with scion.

If you want to look at my char as a realistic reference feel free. I am pushing a little over 800k dmg per totem with weapon elemental dmg equipped, but most of the time im rocking multiple totem gem cause the QOL of 6 totems is amazing in maps and uber lab.
Multiple totems puts me at 325k per totem... its more then enough even elder map farming.
Also sorry for bad Grammer typing from phone
Last edited by Noice_Applez on Jan 23, 2019, 8:28:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W22ATmsknto

chill
Damage is great, but not as good as advertised.

Ticking shock alone is bullshit dps since the build maybe gets 3% increased dmg out of shocks, hey let it be 5%. On top dps is shown for normal mobs and not shaper etc.

In the end its more like 834k dps per totem instead of 2.16 million per totem from one of the PoB links... and that with a unnerfed chin sol bow :X

Besides the bullshit pob dps it still deals a good chunk of dmg and the guide looks overall well structured and good
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I think I might try and work out an ascendant version of this as a Heiro/Chieftain/PoM for the passives. Enough perks there with the leech and ash procs for some QoL benefits. But thats coming from someone who barely plays up through shaper (I've only been playing a few months).

https://pastebin.com/wNRpuzuR

Is this viable as a league starter here in a couple months while I toy with it? Only seems expensive to me in terms of maxing it out for beyond shaper, but again, I'm pretty newbish.
"
GeneShirt wrote:

Is this viable as a league starter here in a couple months while I toy with it? Only seems expensive to me in terms of maxing it out for beyond shaper, but again, I'm pretty newbish.

Definitely viable as league starter. Was my leaguestarter, and I just beat Uber Elder with it for the first time 5 minutes ago (took a while 'cause I only have like 2-3 hours time per day to play, on average). And my gear is far from the best! Wasn't deathless, but still had 3 portals left in the end, so wasn't even that close.

EDIT: Oh... You mean whether Ascendant is viable as a league starter? Sorry, I think I misunderstood. Should be, but I don't think hiero/chieftain is super effective. You get the leech, but no overleech, making it effectively just some unreliable regen. Slayer/Chieftain might work better there, nets You overleech, but won't be as smooth to play or do as much damage as a pure hiero.

Gear used for uber elder:

Spoiler

Couple of jewels with %max life and resists... that's it. Frostferno is self-corrupted, opals self-crafted. As You can see, I don't even have a point blank quiver (and also don't have it on tree). Plus, my tree is modified for fossil farming (frenzy nodes), and I didn't use frenzy in uber elder fight... so basically did that with ~8 nodes that did nothing for me on tree. Crap amulet, crappy abyssals, 1 socket tombfist - doesn't matter. Build is crazy good.

If no significant nerfs are coming, I'll be VERY tempted to start next league with this again. It just works.
Last edited by Fawkse on Jan 24, 2019, 4:03:29 PM
"
GeneShirt wrote:
I think I might try and work out an ascendant version of this as a Heiro/Chieftain/PoM for the passives. Enough perks there with the leech and ash procs for some QoL benefits. But thats coming from someone who barely plays up through shaper (I've only been playing a few months).

Hi buddy,

you will find my Scion iteration of this build on the forum (scion section). It is called "OneShotKill Reloaded (v2.0)"

Cheers
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
"
GeneShirt wrote:

Hi buddy,

you will find my Scion iteration of this build on the forum (scion section). It is called "OneShotKill Reloaded (v2.0)"

Cheers

Haha, thanks so much I didnt even think to look! Glad I was on the right line of thinking on the ascends, I'll be following it pretty closely.
holy crap i am super excited i corrupted a frostferno yesterday and i got the +2 to fire. I just need to fix the color's i got tired of wasting currency getting every item perfect after about 15 failed corruptions...

when i put it into POB my DPS does not change not sure why?

what kind of dps increase can i expect from this?
Last edited by Teeks_01 on Jan 25, 2019, 11:18:34 AM
"
Teeks_01 wrote:
holy crap i am super excited i corrupted a frostferno yesterday and i got the +2 to fire. I just need to fix the color's i got tired of wasting currency getting every item perfect after about 15 failed corruptions...

when i put it into POB my DPS does not change not sure why?

what kind of dps increase can i expect from this?

Hi there,

it depends highly on your whole gear setup.
As a guideline you can expect with the +2 corruption an increase of around 25% damage output and 50% increase with a +4 corruption on the helmet (when our ele hit is on level 21).

You can check the flat damage of the ele hit gem on poe wiki and there you will find a table as a guideline what to expect. Have a look at the relativ increase from the level.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Hit

With elemental hit level 21:
1) uncorrupted frostferno = ele hit on level 25
2) with +2 corruption (find the useful corruptions in the guide) = level 27
3) with +4 corruption = ele hit on level 29

As a simplified guideline you can say, you get at least arround 25% from 1) to 2) and from 2) to 3). The actual calculation is a bit more complex. You can simulate it in PoB. Edit the frostferno with the corruption in PoB and see what happens to your damage. Or just add several level to ele hit under the "skills" section in PoB.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info