delve and core game?

No thanks, I feel the core game is already filled with enough random league stuff.

Just take Essence, if GGG made a statistics over how many actually use Essence I would bet more than 95% don't.

Beyound used to feel awesome but as time has passed, Beyound just feel like another rare monster fight. The Beyound uniques has become worthless, selling for 1c.

Tormented Spirits are annoying and not worth chasing, I can't remember ever getting anything of value from killing them.

GGG will shoot themself in the foot if they keep adding weak content. It is always going to be tedious to farm and play the old league content, cause GGG doesn't want the old to take focus off the next league content.

I've been playing this league quite a lot but I havent even been able to collect enough Breach shards to assemble a breachstone on my own.

More is not always better. If GGG doesn't go back and update old league content, it will just end up being a weak filler. As if new players doesn't have enough to figure out.

IMO they should focus on improving the core game and not add league content that tries to compete with it. If GGG added Delve, it would take focus off endgame maps. If maps are boring they should improve them.

Look at what happend to Diablo 3 when they added Nephalim Rifts, people completely stopped doing the regular content and endgame bosses.

-Just my 2 cents.
Which is why GGG should remvoe every league mechanic minus abyss and delve which have actual impact on either gearing (abyss jewels/abyss uniques) and gameplay ( delves).
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
If they remove sulphite it might be a fun addition. I'm not at all sold on how it's been implemented in this league.

While fun to a point, it feels disconnected. I hate the back and forth between the "old" game and the mines, just because I have to farm that pointless sulphite to continue. I got bored with it pretty soon, and I've stopped the league for now thanks to it.

I also feel that there needs to be more variation inside the mines. It all really feels like running constant Abyss cracks followed by dull Elreon missions - rinse and repeat. Sure it can be rewarding, but it's kinda "same, same" after awhile. Every single mob in there is annoying af, and the darkness invulnerability makes it quite a lot worse than it needs to be and makes it feel like a "rushed forced rail". Like Abyss. With an Elreon mission at the end.

But yeah, sure, the idea is wonderful. With a bit more polish and work it could be great fun.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Which is why GGG should remvoe every league mechanic minus abyss and delve which have actual impact on either gearing (abyss jewels/abyss uniques) and gameplay ( delves).

But as I said, adding Delve would compete with Atlas not add anything to it. As I read the comments in this post, it seems clear that people either: love Delve and hate Atlas or hate/don't Delve.

Yeah Abyss depths is another one, the boss encounter is now so rare you never get the unique loot. There's probably a better chance of getting "Shroud of the Lightless" from a Reliquary Key than the boss itself. Like, I never ever saw the "Ulaman" boss while Abyss league was active, why even have him in the game now?

TBH I felt the power creep was broken back when they added the stat sticks. Now we'r just beyound game breaking, with the ridiculous crafted gear you can make today, using fossiles. But thats just my opinion. I don't think rare's should be so powerful, that using build enabling uniques feels bad because they take up a gear slot.
I think like other leagues, delve could really add up something else to do end game beside map.

because right now its map and small part of league inside. but still 100% map game mechanic for end game.

I love switching between maps and delve. have a variety instead of just doing maps.

Personally i'm not a fan of red map and higher. the feels of regression is not for me. I love grinding and all! but i want to feel that i'm progressing in my grind,

Right now i can do reds then drop back to yellow i feel its like a regression ! but i understand that some people like it, but adding delve might add some diversity for people that look for something else to do in game w/o eliminating maps. since we have to do maps to get resources !

my humble opinion ^_^

but whatever GGG say i will still enjoy poe :D
"
Ceri wrote:
While fun to a point, it feels disconnected. I hate the back and forth between the "old" game and the mines, just because I have to farm that pointless sulphite to continue. I got bored with it pretty soon, and I've stopped the league for now thanks to it.

This is what I mean, Delve right now competes with atlas but that is acceptable because this is an active league. Adding it to the core game would be a disaster, creating another dilemma like Slow vs fast clear speed meta. Some will be endless dunguon fanbois and the other half wont.

GGG won't be able to do both, I truly believe that.

I experienced what Nephalem Rifts was like in Diablo 3 and I don't want PoE to end up like that by making Delve core.

Personally I don't like Atlas in it's current state either, it needs some improvement to replayability, so it feels less tedious to complete Atlas and sustain maps, without needing to trading.
Don't worry, Delve is guaranteed to go core. GGG has so far resisted the temptation to post about it, but delve has the best player retention in history. There's no way they won't add it.
That changes made every week reminds me of Bestiary league, which makes me believe this league will end the same like Bestiary.

I don't understand what intension was to increase sulphite capacity, without changing gathering.

Before change:
map -> map -> map -> delve -> loop

After change:
map -> map -> map -> map -> map -> map -> delve -> delve -> loop

I really wish to delve go core, but it was not enough tested and need improvements.

My suggestion is to give some stashes (a lot of them) in delve which will refill our fuel - maybe even some special rooms with that?

Another one is to remove sulphite from maps and make crawler refill sulphite on his own by some time - lets say 1-2+h to full refilling.
"
Midgaard12 wrote:
No thanks, I feel the core game is already filled with enough random league stuff.

No its not. And this is coming from long time standard-only player.

"
Midgaard12 wrote:
More is not always better.

Yes it is. In this PoE case it is.

"
Midgaard12 wrote:
Look at what happend to Diablo 3 when they added Nephalim Rifts, people completely stopped doing the regular content and endgame bosses.

-Just my 2 cents.

Dont compare this game content to Diablo 3 please... They have different aspects.
I really REALLY hope this Delve content will come into core game sooner or later.
I know Incursion will come to core with patch 3.5.0, but I dont see that content as something interesting and I doubt it will hold players attention for to long.

People who play Leagues are forgetting one very important thing - GGG is financialy supported not only by League players but also from Standard players, so it would be VERY unfair not to add some new great content for them (us) too.

We spend our money on this game, do you (League players) think that we dont deserve a slice of cake too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info