delve and core game?

I played some of it, then stopped!
because I don't want to get attached to it and GGG crushes my dreams.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If it were up to me... and it's not... I'd take out a bunch of stuff.

1) no elder/shaper gear from delves.
2) no essences from chests... essence monsters are ok.
3) no league specific stuff like harbinger/abyssal/breach/beyond outside of nodes not specifically suited for those leagues.

They've really cheapened the "special" on items like these by having them just show up from some random encounter. I'm fine with a "breach node" or a "beyond region of the map", but to have them just gifted as a byproduct of a normal encounter means there's really no point of engaging the encounters we're used to.

But it's not up to me. I play the game GGG comes up with, or don't.

I like it because:

1) There's no atlas BS
2) I don't have to keep grinding a level to get a drop that lets me do the next
3) There's nothing to buy to speed things up - ala maps
4) It's more enjoyable to me than maps

I want delves to be self sufficient and parallel to maps. The fact I have to return to maps and the atlas again for sulphite is why I stopped.

Delve needs a lot of QoL improvements but it should go core.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Sep 24, 2018, 12:54:42 PM
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

I like it because:

1) There's no atlas BS

sounds like d3 is your game
"
Optimyst wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

I like it because:

1) There's no atlas BS

Nope - D3 is too shallow in builds and itemization. I just don't think maps should be the gate to delves or vice versa.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Optimyst wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

I like it because:

1) There's no atlas BS

Nope - D3 is too shallow in builds and itemization. I just don't think maps should be the gate to delves or vice versa.

I agree 100%. I love delve and enjoy it so much more than I have ever enjoyed the atlas.

What I think they should do when it goes core is give the player an option in character creation. Similar to how you can choose "PvP Only" give us the option to choose "Delve Only." That way, we go through the story as usual, but in the end, instead of being introduced to the Atlas and Zana, we get Niko and the Azurite Mine. And to sustain Sulphite, perhaps give Niko a daily quest that grants a certain amount of easy Sulphite and/or pay Niko with currency to refill your Sulphite a certain amount. Like... 5c = 20% of Max Sulphite for example (I'm just pulling these numbers out of thin air). Or maybe pay in Azurite instead so we can have an Azurite sink and not be left with hundreds of thousands of it
I hope so its one of the best leagues so far. They finally got crafting right in that one can do more focused crafting and makes game totally SSFable (along with previous additions like cards, masters, essences, etc). I can take or leave the mine diving over and over but fossils are great addition.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 1, 2018, 7:59:03 AM
The defenitely need to put it into core game.
Hopefully they will find the right formula.

I would completely remove sulphite, those boxes/deposits look very silly if you ask me and thete's also a finite number of different random encounters you can have in maps before things start to look like a mess.

Delving should be restriced by something else, maybe it could have something to do with masters or I don't know..
I absolutely want Delve to go core but I'm afraid they are gonna make it so that you will encounter a sulphite node every 3-5 maps or so. So delving will become a once in a while thing.
I'd wish for Delve to become a fully-fledged endgame mechanic that is independent from the atlas but i guess that's wishful thinking.

Depth 138 -> Cost 478 for a small path .... I stop Delve not fun anymore.

How much cost depth 500+ ? 1 million ?
Last edited by Deonbekende on Oct 1, 2018, 9:02:21 AM
if it doesnt go core i will be skipping the next league thats for sure. There's no going back!
#StandardLivesMatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info