delve and core game?

My opinion is half-half. Delve is great league for petty cash and leveling characters but that's it. It is not in any way part of game content it is totally separated game if you ask me. It brings feeling that you are progressing and give you some currency to have along the way.

What is great is crafting possibilities but so it was bestiary league crafting and it is not in core.

Breaches and Abyss are in core but look how nerfed they are now, seeing abyss boss is almost impossible
Imagine if you encounter suphite deposit every now and then like you find Breaches or Abyss these days, it would be like you can move in delve mine a fraction every 5 maps or so.

And tell me how is something balanced when I can see someone reached 2000+ depth and I am around 300.
In incursion all of us have same chance to corrupt items for great stats, you can corrupt items for insane mods like Kaom's Heart with +1 max res or increased damage, and i am glad to hear it will come in core game next patch.
In Abyss league you cloud find jewels with great mods, now that is core there are rarely good jewels dropping.

What I would like to see is void FlashBack event with no sulphite needed at all. We can run Delve only and get over with it.
So I ask, why there is no flashback event?

Reading forum it looks like many players don't like mapping and wanna delve more and more.
In my opinion there is no way they are replacing maps and atlas after so many years of development and implementing Delve as main end-game content. It is way to separated from core game at present. ( I am usually wrong )

Personally I haven't set foot in a delve since around week 2 and I don't really get the appeal. But, if it's 100% ignorable like now then have at it.
We tested it extensively
This is only my second league, but I love Delve. I am always up for addition endgame content so I hope it will go core and frankly I don't see any good reasons why it shouldn't.
Love Delve can't imagine what they need to do to top this. Was never a big fan of mapping and Delves scratches that endless random content itch that mapping doesn't. Tbh I would be cool with Delve outright replacing the map system.

I do however hate Sulphite... was just watching Havoc with his bitch boys collecting sulphite for him so he can "solo delve" what a joke. Nothing against havoc he's a good dude, he's just leveraging the mechanics GGG gave him, but Sulphite is fucking stupid and putting this massive transparently bullshit chore in front of the fun was a mistake.

Gate Delve with challenge, ramp the difficulty up a little and lower the rewards a tick and let players play the damn game instead of sitting in our HO's squinting at map mods hoping we don't overlook that reflect roll, rolling maps in batches with eleventy seven different orbs micromanagement hell only to do 10-12 maps and get no returns. I love POE's mechanics, its depth, its items and its super ambitious 3 months content vision but damn Maps have always been a sore spot for me.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
I really REALLY hope this Delve content will come into core game sooner or later.
I know Incursion will come to core with patch 3.5.0, but I dont see that content as something interesting and I doubt it will hold players attention for to long.

People who play Leagues are forgetting one very important thing - GGG is financialy supported not only by League players but also from Standard players, so it would be VERY unfair not to add some new great content for them (us) too.

We spend our money on this game, do you (League players) think that we dont deserve a slice of cake too?

That isn't the point here. The vast majority is for going core for Delve, hence the implementation may give some headache.

It was imo just wrong to make Delve a league thematic - it shoulda have been a major expansion with much more time to work that out.

I mean, the 3 Months rhythm to release new content is already too fast (regarding they mostly need 4-6 weeks to fix things in a acutual league so the mechanic works as intended), but thats a general problem.

Imo the best way is to handle that like Incursion - just give GGG the time to implement things more carefully.

We have already too many senseless mechanics imo in the core game (Torments, Breach, Essence .....)
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

I'll almost certainly go standard permanently if delve goes core. I always get bored trading for maps to try to speed up the atlas unlock anyway. I'm just not cut out for leagues I guess.

The real crappy thing about standard is the sheer amount of items that show up in trade searches in the overflow from seasons. Well that and missing new mechanics but whatever.
Honestly, the more i think of it, the more i don't think they will keep Delve as is. Think it's more just a test run.

If they do keep Delve, Expect fossils to leave, and loot value reduced by 90%, as is common after a league ends.

Personally, I think we will get a new, core, endless dungeon in 4.0 as it's main selling point.
I miss Incursion - I didn't have much time to play that league, so I now really can't wait for 3.5 and see how they changed it. If I'd have to wait another 3 months for Delve to be implemented hard and stable - with pain but I'd rather that than don't have it at all, cause it's even better that Incursion. And as somebody said - you don't need to do it if you don't like it, so I don't see a reason to not having it in the core. Maybe economy would shake a little bit, but it'd be good in a few weeks.

In Incursion were some problems with accessibility for different builds and for example I couldn't feel it as better players surely did, so I really hope they fixed it and in a month we will have PoE, The Game - with new, greater Temple of Atzoatl, deeper, darker Delve, new smarter Masters (without that annoying mechanics like today) AND a new interesting content with that. That'd be amazing... and taking really scary amounts of time for addicted players to embrace it all ;o

Delve doesn't have problems with accessibility now and I hope GGG won't break it with breach/abyss/anydifferentleague 10% chance to spawn in maps mechanic. Nightmare. I play couple years and got only 1 breachstone from gathered by myself splinters.

BUT... But there is one way how they can recompensate 10% chance to spawn mechanic if they would implemented it with Delve - CONSTANT FLASHBACK! Just saying... xD

Smile! <3
Last edited by Wilc on Oct 26, 2018, 6:21:00 PM
yeah! delve should be core, and stay as it is, in all maps! :D
Feel so good to delve, good alternative to mapping
"
Hunwulf wrote:
That isn't the point here. The vast majority is for going core for Delve, hence the implementation may give some headache.

It was imo just wrong to make Delve a league thematic - it shoulda have been a major expansion with much more time to work that out.

I mean, the 3 Months rhythm to release new content is already too fast (regarding they mostly need 4-6 weeks to fix things in a acutual league so the mechanic works as intended), but thats a general problem.

Imo the best way is to handle that like Incursion - just give GGG the time to implement things more carefully.

We have already too many senseless mechanics imo in the core game (Torments, Breach, Essence .....)

I know that some players are up for Delve going to core, but also there are some that doesnt like that idea. Or simply the Standard-haters who dont want any content in core game.
I see offen people asking me ''lol why you playin std?'' and I reply back to them ''why you play league?'' As anyone see their own reasons to play standard no matter how boring league players find it.

I agree that Delve should be implemented as an Expansion available in standard, but this way god knows what we'll get in next Expansion pack. GGG will have a hard time to make next new content as atractive and fun as Delve.

I dont agree about Breach being senseless content in core game. Its fun to get Breach while maping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info