delve and core game?

If it were up to me... and it's not... I'd take out a bunch of stuff.

1) no elder/shaper gear from delves.
2) no essences from chests... essence monsters are ok.
3) no league specific stuff like harbinger/abyssal/breach/beyond outside of nodes not specifically suited for those leagues.

They've really cheapened the "special" on items like these by having them just show up from some random encounter. I'm fine with a "breach node" or a "beyond region of the map", but to have them just gifted as a byproduct of a normal encounter means there's really no point of engaging the encounters we're used to.

But it's not up to me. I play the game GGG comes up with, or don't.
I love Delve. I didn't like the previous League. I hope Delve goes to the core game. It will definitely keep me playing!
I do like delve, but one thing to think about is, we may be getting incursion back with next league, might be getting a bit full, delve + incurssion + maps, not sure how much that would work, though might.

though the maps can be pretty full now with multipole things in them.
I'd really like to see these league mechanics transform into alternative progression mechanics.

I'm talking like as big as the atlas alternative.

I'd also like go see them highlight strengths and weaknesses of builds. So when you start a league you would build around a progression mechanic where your build shines. Multiple meta builds could exist.

Delve is nice where you can focus on going deep. However, GGG is making it clear with the sulphite nerfs that you HAVE to map.
Best league yet, 100% going core. I just hope they won't nerf it like they did with some other now-core league features.
"
wolfwing wrote:
I do like delve, but one thing to think about is, we may be getting incursion back with next league, might be getting a bit full, delve + incurssion + maps, not sure how much that would work, though might.

This is what Chris referred to as "development space" when he talked about why they axed Bestiary.
if delve is not getting added to core game atleast some delve-like-looking-maps should be introduced because i find delve attractive
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
wolfwing wrote:

This is what Chris referred to as "development space" when he talked about why they axed Bestiary.

I think Bestiary was a shit league, but would've been an ok core addition (fuck any and all Bestiary related league challenges doe). However, their reasoning for axing Bestiary made sense; the whole thing was super disconnected from the main game, and tbh there would've had to be 2-3 people permanently in charge of Bestiary patching and development.
I like Delve a lot but I don't think I'll have the same kind of fun once the mechanic rolls into the main game and the sulphite sustainability dies down.

If I see a Breach or an Abyss in an area I consider myself lucky but I don't really see them very often. I imagine we'll see sulphite much less frequently and it will be a once-in-a-while treat to be able to maybe dig a little deeper in the infinite dungeon.
Personally, I don't understand what you guys love so much about this league. I don't like delve that much because:
- it feels NOT REWARDING enough (I don't like crafting thu)
- never ending locations of one of the most hated map layouts
- we are more or less forced to follow some cart
- flares and dynamites are clunky AF
- doing them in parties is annoying
- once started, you cannot stop it (bye bye trading)
- I have to switch characters to take sulphite
- I don't like backtracking (in case you want to destroy that freaking wall)
- rooms are nothing else than just some random essences, strongboxes and stuff, nothing to be excited about

I love the endless map idea but this one, to me, was executed very poorly.

Breaches are still garbage btw.
Last edited by Varskar on Sep 20, 2018, 7:42:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info