[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Yesterday, I switched my weapon (from a Gemini claw):

In addition for mana:

It feels like the same def so far, but a far better clear speed.

I have Cyclone on the gloves (6L via Elder skills) and HoP on the boots. Did anyone try to switch that for a 6L HoP setup?
Shout out to Atataforthewin for thinking outside the box :)
Many good ideas.

Sleeran: You lose over half your healing with that claw. Up to you if you think you can surive without that. It's more damage for sure.

Finally fixed my chest. Took over 2000 chromes to get the colours and ~2500 fusings to six link.

The fusings were just bad luck but the chromes i could have done better.
My problem was that i was trying to get 3g2b1r when it was six socket five link . I should have waited until i had it six linked. Then it would have been much cheaper.

As it turned out i got the right colours 4-5 times but every time the single link/socket were green or red and i needed it blue.

"
Did anyone try to switch that for a 6L HoP setup?

Haven't tried but i think you're gonna lose clearing power. The sentinels aren't as good as the agony crawler.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 13, 2019, 12:07:13 PM
"
Sleeran wrote:
Did anyone try to switch that for a 6L HoP setup?

Generally HoP is used for bossing, not really clearing. I don't see how that would help this build.
Hey
is this build playable in SSF?
Has anyone thought about the impale support and dread banner.

I am thinking to put Impale Support on Herald of Purity, Herald of Agony, and Cyclone and running Dread Banner Aura.
"
SauronMcBong wrote:
Hey
is this build playable in SSF?

Highly doubt that. Mandatory Coming Calamity have no farmable routes, and -mana cost craft is almost out of reach for SSF.

"
I have Cyclone on the gloves (6L via Elder skills) and HoP on the boots. Did anyone try to switch that for a 6L HoP setup?

6 linked lvl 21 HoA with lvl 4 Empower have enough damage to set you for any content. HoP is just 200k damage boost at best. Sacrificing sustain not the best option after lvl 90.

Life leech... sorry life on hit is what keeps you alive in T16 guardians and other beefy jazz. The most that you can achieve is with claw

that gives you 50 life gained on hit of blinded enemy + 50 life on hit from implicit + life on hit gem. If you craft blind on claw you can also use additional life leech gem and get to ~1900 life on hit rate (per second on single enemy). With life leech claws and your cyclone dps you in the best case can get to ~1100 life on hit rate and it is somewhat capped with life leech hard cap and give less when you hit several enemies, witch is okay for clear if you use

but otherwise you would have to play really carefully on guardians and up.

"
Has anyone thought about the impale support and dread banner.

I am thinking to put Impale Support on Herald of Purity, Herald of Agony, and Cyclone and running Dread Banner Aura.

No mana for Banner. Hatred aura is the best DPS option for minions/period. HoP is slow, have no cleave and AoE. Impale Support have no benefit for Cyclone. HoA is the only viable option for Impale. Impale with no banner would give you around 51% more phys dps and it is just close to Vicious Projectiles or Maim. I would say it is alternative, but not a real upgrade.

Real boss dps upgrade option is not to use Pierce support, and use Maim or Impale. Pierce still better for clear even with abyssal cry claw.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jul 16, 2019, 7:49:59 AM
"

Finally fixed my chest. Took over 2000 chromes to get the colours and ~2500 fusings to six link.

My problem was that i was trying to get 3g2b1r when it was six socket five link . I should have waited until i had it six linked. Then it would have been much cheaper.

As it turned out i got the right colours 4-5 times but every time the single link/socket were green or red and i needed it blue.

Good lord... Start with two green sockets. Then just do 3 greens and 1 red with jewel craft, then jewel craft 5 and 6 socket to get 2 blues, would most likely colt less than 700-1300 jewels... And 1.5k 6 link fuse craft is a thing.

Also Maim support is a thing instead of Vicious projectiles.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jul 16, 2019, 7:10:14 AM
Amazing build!

Been playing it as my last char to finish the challenges, and it has been super fun. Really having a blast!

I absolutely HATE summoners, but this totally does not feel like one - in fact, it feels more like playing a CoC build.

If there are any Indigon Discharge fans reading this, know that since the nerf to mjolner made it bad to clear with, this is pretty much the build that feels almost exactly as it, so I recommend you to give it a try.

Thanks for the amazing guide, system!
"
"

Good lord... Start with two green sockets. Then just do 3 greens and 1 red with jewel craft, then jewel craft 5 and 6 socket to get 2 blues, would most likely colt less than 700-1300 jewels... And 1.5k 6 link fuse craft is a thing.

Also Maim support is a thing instead of Vicious projectiles.

Good to know those crafting bench tricks for the future. Thanks. That should be in the guide!
I bought the calamity 5 linked very cheap so doing it your way was not an option.

But if i would have just bought an unlinked one and made it 6 sockets from the start the chromes would have been cheaper anyway i think. It was 3xx something chroms with the online calculator.
It was just a mistake altogether on my part.

I hadn't unlocked the crafting bench 6 link recipe and i still haven't lmao despite having three charachters lvl 94, 93 and 91. Wouldn't use that regardless. The average of doing it yourself is well below those 1500 fuses.

Can't believe i forgot about maim. I thought it was for melee physical damage only. Strange that i didn't notice this in pob. Thanks again lol.

Had some luck with chaos orbs today.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 18, 2019, 5:46:02 PM
I wanted to thank systemplayerlost for this awesome build! I used this build as my start for this league, and followed some of the upgrade suggestions posted by Atataforthewin.

I was able to easily defeat all 4 Shaper guardians, as well as the Shaper himself, for the first time ever. I've never actually reliably made it past tier 12 maps before, but all of the tier 1-15 maps are a breeze for this build.

There are still a few upgrades I can do before trying for Uber Elder, if I decide to go that route. Not sure if I will be able to complete Zana's questline, but I'm very happy with this build nonetheless!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info