[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

I found that I lacked armor and died more often than I prefer so I ended up switching my weapon to

Nebuloch and my clear speed felt a bit slower but I felt way way more tanky.
New skill gems have any upside for this build?
"
Calibix84 wrote:

Yes, but we don't have details yet. I'll update before the patch.
"
Calibix84 wrote:

My boss killer is a juggernaut but tried this build for fun and did Shaper with easy. Uber Elder definitely doable.

Here my approach (HoA + HoP): https://pastebin.com/XbPTdih2

Char ObeahKenobi in my profile.
Patch notes tomorrow! Here's a bit released today.

"
we've also changed the Guardian so he no longer grants specific bonuses to Herald of Purity and Dominating Blow minions, and have built the Crusade Slam effect into the minions themselves.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627116

For reference, here's the Radient Crusade ascendancy

"
10% more Damage while you have at least one nearby Ally
You and Allies affected by your Aura Skills deal 20% increased Damage
Herald of Purity has 40% increased Buff Effect
Summoned Sentinels of Purity have 50% increased Area of Effect

Here's Unwavering Crusade
"
Summoned Sentinels use Crusade Slam
100% increased Minion Accuracy Rating
Minions Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit
If you've Hit an Enemy Recently, you and nearby Allies Regenerate 3% of Life per second
10% increased Area of Effect for each Summoned Sentinel of Purity

GGG will be removing specific bonuses to Herald of Purity. It's unclear to me what if any additions will be done to these ascendancies to replace the removed bonuses?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
"
Calibix84 wrote:

I played your build a couple seasons ago, and really enjoyed it as my league starter. Didn't last season - excited to see your take on the new patch notes released today.
Guardian
Radiant Crusade: Has been reworked. It now grants +20% to all Elemental Resistances. While there are at least five nearby allies, you and nearby allies have Onslaught. While there is at least one nearby ally, you and nearby allies deal 10% more damage.
Unwavering Crusade: Has been reworked: Now grants nearby allies 30% increased damage, 15% increased attack, cast and movement speed, 30% increased area of effect, and causes nearby allies to Intimidate and Unnerve Enemies for 4 seconds on hit. Enemies which are Unnerved take 10% increased Spell Damage.

Upon brief observation, the changes appear to be a dps and QoL upgrade at the expense of life regen which shouldn't be noticeable with all the LGoH. I'm curious how the new minion gems change things. Minion speed looks really good. IIRC attack speed is king with Hoag.

Sincerely looking forward to this as my 3.8 league starter. This will be my first league start where I really feel like I know what I need to be doing, and I have nine days off starting Sunday. Life's good.
Last edited by Calibix84 on Sep 4, 2019, 2:34:52 AM
So summary of changes for 3.8:

Gems
Use Feeding Frenzy on Herald of Purity. Minion Speed a much better option for HoAG if you need more blue sockets on chest.

Tree
Guardian buffs are pretty big. Damage: Onslaught for you and minions (can drop the flask?), Intimidate and Unnerve, a bunch of AoE, speed and damage. Res: 20% all ele res makes gearing easier.

Rest of tree is basically the same, just a pathing change.
Excited to play my 2nd season as a cyclone summoner!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info