[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
garthhey wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
garthhey wrote:
Hey guys this build is a lot of fun. Something awesome about minions and playing melee.

I have a question about the -mana cost on rings or amulet. If we get one of those items is it still worth picking up the tireless and quick recovery? reducing mana costs and increasing mana regen seems wasted.

Not sure if I am missing something else about it.

In the previous page the OP, systemplayerlost, responded to my similar question regarding a build refresh based on the reduced mana cost of cyclone. He shared some of his work in progress. here

I did see this but it the POB still uses tireless and quick recovery. Is this because of the +life they each have?

I would assume so. My personal rule of thumb is that a good life node is 5%. Tireless cluster has an average of 5% life for all 4 nodes and quick recovery cluster has an average of 4.67% for all 3 nodes. That seems pretty good to me from the life and defense perspective.

I'm running a new character based on systemplayerlost's "work in progress" and the mana part of those two clusters proved handy during the leveling process. I personally like the tankiness of the build but if you see some interesting more offensive skill tree nodes then it might be fun to give it a try. It's a trade off.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 3, 2019, 1:40:48 PM
"
garthhey wrote:
the POB still uses tireless and quick recovery. Is this because of the +life they each have?

Short answer: those are the most efficient life nodes (considering traveling nodes) we can take.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Jul 3, 2019, 6:11:12 PM
For those who struggle with t14-16 delve 200+ and legion spike damage.

Basic layout of build is to glassy and you just need more defenses. Basic build would provide you around 5.5k life, while I do run 7.5k life + 0.9k shield. After a lot of min maxing with this build here is my setup on lvl95. Notice I do run Vaal Molten Shell, Vaal Discipline and Flesh offering for more defense and dps in difficult encounters. Also I prefer fast cast over blood magic for movement skill.

Claw with blind on hit and max life on hit from both blind and implicit. Mana fixed by amulet.

Gloves ended up in this cyclone setup. Onslaught > Blind support. Attack speed is a life. (notice that I do not need lvl 21 cyclone gem thanks to +1 melee gems craft)

Helmet with +1 sentinel is really great dps boost for "fat" encounters, since life expectancy of relics are minimal.

I run double aura rings, since I was able to fix stats and resists (111%+) with jewels, amulet and skill tree.

Here are my fixing gear (20% more poison chance, stats and resists):

Flasks, life one is for deep delve and bossing (instead of quicksilver):

Shield and body armor are standard

Passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAHcBLMFLQthEFERjhQgFHEWbxo4HNwkqicvLlMyCTLRNZI26TrGOuE8LT38QWlDyEVHRZ1HfkqfSshMuU3jTwRQR1NSWGNZ818_YPhhIWL0ZKNlTWZUZp5ncWhYaGVo8mxGbqpvO3Gycg9ybHKpdO12rHfjeA15aHrve8N82YDgggeDX4PMhNmE74m8idiKr4rkivCMz48akBGQVZRvmE2a4Jswm-ycSqDmogCmV6asqW6qqayqrY2vbLCrtfK3PrdovTa-p8AawGbBBMSCxPbGrs9-02_Xlti92XzaweNq6UbqGOvu7w7vvPAf8kXz3fZI9zL46_rS_gr-jw==?accountName=Atataforthewin&characterName=Krass_Ordo
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jul 3, 2019, 6:15:09 PM
As an update to previous post, thanks to hint several pages before. Easy 30c upgrade. Used Glorious Vanity Jewel (Doryani) to get Corrupted Soul keystone to boost my Disciple + Watcher's Eye defense layer. Applied to jewel slot near MOM node. Spend 4 divines to get nice +7% life notable near MOM, to realize that I just can get more in other places... And I am finally siting at more than 10k+ HP and ES. Min maxing for the win!

Passive tree

P.S. Corrupted Soul keystones do not stack...
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jul 4, 2019, 5:53:01 AM
"
Zeros wrote:
Any ideas how to get holy relics survive? seems to die every now and then..

Since no one bothered to answer you. Put empower support in the helm.
"
For those who struggle with t14-16 delve 200+ and legion spike damage.

Basic layout of build is to glassy and you just need more defenses. Basic build would provide you around 5.5k life, while I do run 7.5k life + 0.9k shield. After a lot of min maxing with this build here is my setup on lvl95. Notice I do run Vaal Molten Shell, Vaal Discipline and Flesh offering for more defense and dps in difficult encounters. Also I prefer fast cast over blood magic for movement skill.

Claw with blind on hit and max life on hit from both blind and implicit. Mana fixed by amulet.

Gloves ended up in this cyclone setup. Onslaught > Blind support. Attack speed is a life. (notice that I do not need lvl 21 cyclone gem thanks to +1 melee gems craft)

Helmet with +1 sentinel is really great dps boost for "fat" encounters, since life expectancy of relics are minimal.

I run double aura rings, since I was able to fix stats and resists (111%+) with jewels, amulet and skill tree.

Here are my fixing gear (20% more poison chance, stats and resists):

Flasks, life one is for deep delve and bossing (instead of quicksilver):

Shield and body armor are standard

Passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAHcBLMFLQthEFERjhQgFHEWbxo4HNwkqicvLlMyCTLRNZI26TrGOuE8LT38QWlDyEVHRZ1HfkqfSshMuU3jTwRQR1NSWGNZ818_YPhhIWL0ZKNlTWZUZp5ncWhYaGVo8mxGbqpvO3Gycg9ybHKpdO12rHfjeA15aHrve8N82YDgggeDX4PMhNmE74m8idiKr4rkivCMz48akBGQVZRvmE2a4Jswm-ycSqDmogCmV6asqW6qqayqrY2vbLCrtfK3PrdovTa-p8AawGbBBMSCxPbGrs9-02_Xlti92XzaweNq6UbqGOvu7w7vvPAf8kXz3fZI9zL46_rS_gr-jw==?accountName=Atataforthewin&characterName=Krass_Ordo

I haven't struggled at all with t14-16 and legion spike damage with this build, is it really a thing? Though I did push those endurance charge nodes pretty early on, and got CWDT IC setup. It's really solid with endurance charges. I'd say 10x better than Molten Shell. Molten Shell only shines if you already have ton of armor without, which this build does NOT have. Also you would have way more than 5500 life using the basic build at 95, no idea why you think it's only 5500.

I'm sitting at lvl93, 6300 life, 1100 es, 6 endurance charges basically always on. No issues with any spike damage.
I'm running the Templar "work in progress" build at level 71. I haven't yet bothered getting any ascendancy points. (Maybe tomorrow, yuck.) Very comfortable doing level 74 and 75 maps. The build is slightly squishy at this because monsters are 3 or 4 levels above me. I have about 11 5% life nodes to pick up on my next 11 or so character levels, plus the ascendancy points are a big deal.

Anyway, I consider it a very successful work in progress, so far.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
I haven't struggled at all with t14-16 and legion spike damage with this build, is it really a thing? Though I did push those endurance charge nodes pretty early on, and got CWDT IC setup. It's really solid with endurance charges. I'd say 10x better than Molten Shell. Molten Shell only shines if you already have ton of armor without, which this build does NOT have. Also you would have way more than 5500 life using the basic build at 95, no idea why you think it's only 5500.

I'm sitting at lvl93, 6300 life, 1100 es, 6 endurance charges basically always on. No issues with any spike damage.

Well would not say that I had any issues with t16 even on 5500 life (that was before life on gloves and with unique helmet and I think on lvl 88-89). After several one shots from legion spears and in delve 300 I just went making life pillow real. Now I just facetank minotaur. And I am also stoopid opening strongboxes without ID scroll...

Vaal Molten Shell is a beast if you consider having both Granite and Basalt flasks. It is enough. Also unlike charges you have control over it, when to use it. While you can one shot die if you reengaging without charges. It comes to personal preference I guess.

I just like gameplay of "another engage button".
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jul 5, 2019, 7:52:55 PM
"
"

Well would not say that I had any issues with t16 even on 5500 life (that was before life on gloves and with unique helmet and I think on lvl 88-89). After several one shots from legion spears and in delve 300 I just went making life pillow real. Now I just facetank minotaur. And I am also stoopid opening strongboxes without ID scroll...

Vaal Molten Shell is a beast if you consider having both Granite and Basalt flasks. It is enough. Also unlike charges you have control over it, when to use it. While you can one shot die if you reengaging without charges. It comes to personal preference I guess.

I just like gameplay of "another engage button".

You've made what looks to me to be an excellent build. I made many similar "enhancements" to my build in standard. I'm too poor in the league for a lot of those. :-) One really fun version of the build is "9. Gladiator max block option" in the opening post. You may want to try that one? It was the tankiest build I've ever played. It too is a bit expensive but you already have some of the good stuff.
A strange thing that I can't figure out? edit: Sorry, I figured out what was going on. I had an extra cyclone skill gem that I was leveling up and clicked on that cyclone instead of the cyclone I'm using. sorry :-/

When I do a mouse look over my cyclone attack symbol in the lower right of the screen it says 60% chance to poison. If I do the character tab ('c') - offence - Cyclone skill it indicates 40% chance to poison.

Here's my gloves.

I have 4 x 5% chance to poison on hit jewels and the gloves give me a poison support which has a 60% chance to poison on hit. Which should add up to 100%.

I'm certain that the character tab used to show 100% chance to poison on hit. The virulence charges seem to be charging up to 40 fine. Is this a bug or regression in the display? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 7, 2019, 5:35:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info