3.4.2 Patch Notes

"
Hill3 wrote:
Jesus, and here i thought the Steam Forums where bad...bunch of whiners.

Nobody is forcing you too keep devling downwards, you could also just delve to the sides if the Sulphite cost gets too high for you. No need to force yourself into content/grind you don't like.

But sure, you can waste your time and keep whining about "actual Work" and i'll just go back to enjoy the game like most POE Players.

I just hope GGG finds a middle ground so all those whiners and the normal Player can enjoy it.

Good day

so i should play delves that are complete lowlevel bossonehitshows? Wow that sounds like fun. I could also go and farm the coast while I'm at it. See i would love to progress into delves, but i don't play them really. Not because i don't like them or because they are hard. It's simply because actually farming sulphite takes up 90% of the time playing. And after that you make ~10 levels in mine with luck and thats it. back to maps.

I understand that at 80 you won't be in the described situation for a long while yet. so you can actually enjoy the league. they deeper you get the less enjoyable will delve be, not because the mine is boring but because you won't actually go in there much.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Playing on SSF and I feel like I always have an abundance of sulphite even after capacity upgrades. Seems like delve is intended to be more of a risk/reward from end game mapping than a stand alone entity. Rather than spending sulphite to explore you can always adventure with azurite through flare purchases and roam the darkness or go horizontal exploring where you'll spend less sulphite than vertical exploring.
"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
Hill3 wrote:
Jesus, and here i thought the Steam Forums where bad...bunch of whiners.

Nobody is forcing you too keep devling downwards, you could also just delve to the sides if the Sulphite cost gets too high for you. No need to force yourself into content/grind you don't like.

But sure, you can waste your time and keep whining about "actual Work" and i'll just go back to enjoy the game like most POE Players.

I just hope GGG finds a middle ground so all those whiners and the normal Player can enjoy it.

Good day

See i would love to progress into delves, but i don't play them really. Not because i don't like them or because they are hard. It's simply because actually farming sulphite takes up 90% of the time playing. And after that you make ~10 levels in mine with luck and thats it. back to maps.

i don't understand how it takes 90% of the time playing. you do maps and if there is a sulphite node, you click on it. or do you open a map just for sulphite?
"
Balantakos wrote:
"
tsHavok wrote:
Really, really hoping for sulphite changes soon

What change u wanna see in sulphite? I dont get it,

its fine as it is.

Maybe lower the cost of traveling in mine? I heard people complains about it and about boring farming in quarry. Personally I would like to be able to be in mine as long as I want, without interruption for doing maps for sulphite.

"
Fixed a bug where Melee skills could not deal damage to a target if you were standing directly on top of the target.

Thats why I stopped playing Blade Flurry.. Glad to see it finally patched.
Fixed a bug where Melee skills could not deal damage to a target if you were standing directly on top of the target.

That's good.

Fixed a bug where Shaper's Strongholds could not spawn in Standard league.

This was just sad, I'm glad I play temp leagues

Fixed a rare bug where Voidspawn of Abaxoth monster packs would not spawn in some Zana missions, preventing completion of the mission.

I knew it, as I suspected after all.
i am tired to spam quarry to get sulphite , are u gonna do something? i DON'T DO MAPS , ONLY DELVE ! FFS

my average day in POE : quarry to 5k sulphite -> DELVE -> repeat STEP 1
have you planned this from the beginning? if so GG GGG.
btw if u want US to do also maps raise the sulphite WE found in the veins at least 3x. Thanks a lot.
https://www.twitch.tv/boredmga
Last edited by mega2k0 on Sep 13, 2018, 7:48:44 AM
"
Balantakos wrote:
its fine as it is.

Sorry GGG, we were all thinking that something in the current implementation is terribly wrong and need to be changed, but this guy says it's fine, so, nevermind i guess. He obviously knows better.
"
Come one GGG,

sulphite and account wide delve progress are "must have" changes for this league to prosper.

Right now delve content is really great on its own but its really more a test of patience in map/quarry grind instead of "what are the limits of your build".

If we compare Delve league with the last popular Incursion league, the time spend in maps to temple/delve seems to be about the same (at least if you've done the full temple). But in Incursion (and most other popular leagues) we had at least a league specific encounter on maps. Right now you force us to play 80%-90% of our time to play the standard league map system, where it sulphite wise doesn't matter if you run a map on "normal" with zero mods or "rare corrupted" with 8+ mods.

I totally understand that you don't cannibalize your own map system with delve, but if you force us to map give us at least give us a league specific experience in them.

There is also are shitloads of suggestions in all this "meeehhhh sulphite ..." threads how to improve the delve experience without making it trivial.

I understand that GGG is afraid ...

... that with low sulphite cost people will just throw dead bodies and sulphite on the next checkpoint again and again?

How about a collapsing tunnel system on failed delves. So player need to be really ready for their delve level, else they got to dig around their failures. But with lower sulphite cost thats not such a bad thing. Resulting in increased overall delve time and non linear exploration.

... that without insanely stacking sulphite cost on high delve level people just gonna dig downwards instead of exploring?

How about a mostly "blind" delve experience, player will barley see the next checkpoint and cant be sure if thats the fastest way down. But with lower sulphite cost thats not such a bad thing. Resulting in increased overall delve time and non linear exploration.

or

How about an azurite upgrade which reduces sulphite cost. Since player need to balance light radius / darkness resistance / reduced sulphite cost, it would force the player to go sideways for azurite notes. Resulting in increased overall delve time and non linear exploration.

I mentioned just some of the ideas posted in the countless threats that complain about the eternal sulphite grind. Please GGG address the issues fast or we gonna have bestiary league all over again and it would be a shame to let such a great league die by poor design.

Well said, at this point I'd even be happy with an azurite expensive upgrade that lowers overall sulphite cost... anything is better than farming quarry.
I guess people don't understand that delving is just an addition to the core game. Like your not meant to be doing it 24/7 lmao...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Where are sulphite changes?
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info