Occultist CI Toxic Rain - Tri-Curse / Fast Tanky Clear / Uber Elder / Deep Delver

Why you grabing minion passives?
I'm running a version of this build in DHC right now and really enjoying it. Currently level 91 and starting to move through early red maps. As you might guess, I've taken more defensive nodes and fewer DPS nodes than the build as presented, but I think there is still more than enough DPS for everything (perhaps excluding end-game bossing, but I haven't yet tried guardians or shaper).

The character name is HipsterSisyphus (it should be public).

Here is the path of building: https://pastebin.com/sRXeHrDc

Note that path of building doesn't take into account the jewelry affix "increased energy shield from body armor."

Here is my gear:

It's decent, but nothing is too expensive.

Main Differences
There are a lot of small differences between the standard build and my build, but many of them come from me choosing survivability over DPS (it's hardcore, after all). However, there are some suggestions I'd like to make:

1. The main thing I'd recommend (assuming you can afford an energy from within) to almost everyone is pathing through the Cruel Preparation life nodes and using an energy from within in the nearby jewel slot. This also lets you take the heart and soul cluster, which is especially important given that this build is mana hungry. This is an efficient way to get energy shield and mana. Unless you absolutely must have the highest DPS, I think this is the way to go.

2. If you path to the scion (and the standard build doesn't), use pure talent. It gives you great mana regeneration and much-needed dexterity.

3. Look for the "increased energy shield from body armor" delve suffix on jewelry! At 16%, it's more than 100 flat energy shield with a good body armor--easily the best affix you can get on a ring, and one of the best on a belt or amulet as well.

Thanks everyone!
Would a quiver corrupted with Point Blank scale the DoT of Toxic Rain or just the initial hit?
Because on his build he also takes Spiritual Command and Spiritual Aid, allowing us to benefit from the attack-speed and attack damage +% from those nodes.
Wow, nice!
Finally i found a good build for 3.5 Betrayal league.
I dont play in Delve league, please let me know this build will be updated for 3.5 patch?
Thanks!
Lol. WHo you tried to trick, stupid newbies? Idiot. DoT dps is NOT depending from aps and count of attacks. Lier. (PoB show my right too, but newbies dont know PoB). And yes, you dont need ES recharge? Whooo want to die? I-i want to die, said guy of build with 5k at PoB a dps maximum(vaal blight and yes, i calcualted with stacks.) Kh-kh-kh. Seriously, i just used Decay. 8k by PoB from TR and 21k from Decay ( i am about DoT dps!! not total by all time). I dont need to say about other mistakes to show all awfulness of this build and lieness of his author.
"
Barmaley65 wrote:
Lol. WHo you tried to trick, stupid newbies? Idiot.

What is your problem? Why are you being so unnecessarily hostile in a build thread, and so smug even though most of your information is wrong?

"
DoT dps is NOT depending from aps and count of attacks. Lier.

1. Damage from Toxic Rain pods stack. This is written directly on the gem: "Each spore pod deals chaos damage over time to nearby enemies". https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Toxic_Rain

And on top of that, do you not notice that TR deals way less DPS at the very start of attacking (when you only have 4-5 pods out) than after attacking for a few seconds (when you have 20-30 pods out)?

"
(PoB show my right too, but newbies dont know PoB)

2. PoB only shows DPS from 1 pod and Decay. You don't get your true TR DPS from PoB because you have 20-30 TR pods applying to an enemy at once, and PoB only shows 1 pod stack.

"
Seriously, i just used Decay. 8k by PoB from TR and 21k from Decay ( i am about DoT dps!! not total by all time).

3. Damage from Decay only applies once, regardless of how many times you hit. Damage from Toxic Rain pods stack.

You're comparing 21k DPS from Decay to 8k DPS from TR DoT when really it should be 8k*(20 to 30 stacks) = 160k-240k. Even in the best case, 21k is less than 15% of 160k (20 stacks), when you could have added an actual support for 30-40% more damage instead of Decay.
e: nevermind, Im just not good at using PoB.

Im preparing the gear to play this in ssf standard, really looking forward to delving with your build :)
Last edited by pennyyy on Nov 21, 2018, 2:39:07 PM
Great build, I'll be playing it in Betrayal.

How does this build deal with no mana regen maps?
Hey! I made this build to try before betrayal, you say it's great single target, but for me it's TERRIBAD. Really bad, T15 boss takes like a minute. What am I doing wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info