[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

"
NoBillag wrote:
Build works fine. Doing now yellow tier 9 maps but my cold and lightning resis aren't maxed yet.... I died once but not sure why.. might have been because of chaos damage.

Didn't take MoM at first (skipped it while levelling up to 68) but it helps a lot.

For most mob groups I can just walk through them - no need to stop.

My video card is not very amused by this build though (GeForce 1050 GTX)

From your description you might have died from elemental damages. This build shines when all resistances are capped, which unfortunately places a lot of stress on jewels. One way to go around this is to get normal belt and boots with decent dex and res to help alleviate this issue. This way you will need one extra endurance charge to make your IC duration>cooldown. This can come from corrupted belt/boot.
I just noticed, I need to replace one ngahamu ring. Didn't notice there were different versions.

Also, you write:

"

-Self inflicted phys damage triggers Firestorm, BV, Ball Lightning to inflict huge instances of ignites on enemies

Doesn't CwDT work on any inflicted damage?

"

Damage counter and cooldown: Each linked spell gains an internal damage counter that tracks the total accumulated damage taken from hits, though not from damage over time or the Blood Magic passive (e.g. you cannot use Righteous Fire to trigger Cast when Damage Taken).

So is it really needed to convert fire damage to phys. damage with Rat Cage?

also, I've been pondering: Do you really need the convocation? With Herald of Agony it seems you only have one minion anyway and it keeps pretty much up with you... so I've been pondering to replace it with a movement skill (shield charge? or maybe Purity until I have resis capped through gear/jewels).

Also, I noticed, you use Surgeon's prefix on the flask. While not really maxing crit chance, do you use it because so many spells are triggered that the sheer amount of spells will lead to a decent amount of crits anyway and hence flasks will be refuelled quicker?

Last note: It seems in your last edit, the categories and linked items were a bit garbled :)
Last edited by NoBillag on Nov 16, 2018, 3:37:56 AM
"
NoBillag wrote:
I just noticed, I need to replace one ngahamu ring. Didn't notice there were different versions.

Also, you write:

"

-Self inflicted phys damage triggers Firestorm, BV, Ball Lightning to inflict huge instances of ignites on enemies

Doesn't CwDT work on any inflicted damage?

"

Damage counter and cooldown: Each linked spell gains an internal damage counter that tracks the total accumulated damage taken from hits, though not from damage over time or the Blood Magic passive (e.g. you cannot use Righteous Fire to trigger Cast when Damage Taken).

So is it really needed to convert fire damage to phys. damage with Rat Cage?

also, I've been pondering: Do you really need the convocation? With Herald of Agony it seems you only have one minion anyway and it keeps pretty much up with you... so I've been pondering to replace it with a movement skill (shield charge? or maybe Purity until I have resis capped through gear/jewels).

Also, I noticed, you use Surgeon's prefix on the flask. While not really maxing crit chance, do you use it because so many spells are triggered that the sheer amount of spells will lead to a decent amount of crits anyway and hence flasks will be refuelled quicker?

Last note: It seems in your last edit, the categories and linked items were a bit garbled :)

Hi there, you are right about cwdt, it works on any damage. Ratcage (and phys conversion) is only necessary for triggering each individual hits of VMS. If you want to discard VMS completely, you don't need Ratcage, and that also works well (see my profile, I'm currently running HOAG only).

Convocation is great when your minion is stuck, behind a corner, or outside of a bubble shield. It has happened to me before in a T11 factory map, my minion got shut outside the metal door and excluded from the boss fight. If you really need the socket, can just put convocation by itself and manually cast it. I believe it's a instant spell now?

Best movement skill: I'd say flame dash.

About crit: ball lightning crits so many times and can effectively cap the flask recharge limitation, even on its 5% base crit rate.

I will double check for item redundancies when I got some time. It happens when you edit your main thread, thanks for letting me know :D
"
alexh1985 wrote:

Hi there, you are right about cwdt, it works on any damage. Ratcage (and phys conversion) is only necessary for triggering each individual hits of VMS.

Ah, that was the reason. I use VMS - it's great as boss killer (and annoying ele resis/fire resis rares). So Fire->Phys conversion is needed :)

"
alexh1985 wrote:

Convocation is great when your minion is stuck, behind a corner, or outside of a bubble shield. It has happened to me before in a T11 factory map, my minion got shut outside the metal door and excluded from the boss fight.

Stop/Start herald again? I haven't had the issue so far but I think for the time being I might switch to Purity aura until I have my res. capped

"
alexh1985 wrote:

If you really need the socket, can just put convocation by itself and manually cast it.

You still need a free socket somewhere :)

"
alexh1985 wrote:

Best movement skill: I'd say flame dash.

But there's still the cooldown problem.

"
alexh1985 wrote:

About crit: ball lightning crits so many times and can effectively cap the flask recharge limitation, even on its 5% base crit rate.

Thx, that's what I thought. I'll need to rework mine :)

"
alexh1985 wrote:

I will double check for item redundancies when I got some time. It happens when you edit your main thread, thanks for letting me know :D

The (other) items list is a bit mangled up.
Lvl 83 meanwhile and it still works great... it's quite relaxing to play.... I did add Purity of Elements on main and weapon change slot so that I have maxed resis (without my resis are 61/49/47)

Basically it's all just walking around into things, sometime dring potions and on bosses sometimes switch weapon slot to razor/sceptre and cast wither.

I most cases not needed, as VMS will take care of the map boss anyway (up to tier 12 so far).

Just did Sunken City for capturing Armala. 4575 life, lvl 84 - it wasn't even a challenge to kill her. VMS took her down to 1 life but then she regenerated so that there's at least 2 or 3 other phases.
Last edited by NoBillag on Nov 18, 2018, 5:13:15 AM
"
NoBillag wrote:
Lvl 83 meanwhile and it still works great... it's quite relaxing to play.... I did add Purity of Elements on main and weapon change slot so that I have maxed resis (without my resis are 61/49/47)

Basically it's all just walking around into things, sometime dring potions and on bosses sometimes switch weapon slot to razor/sceptre and cast wither.

I most cases not needed, as VMS will take care of the map boss anyway (up to tier 12 so far).

Just did Sunken City for capturing Armala. 4575 life, lvl 84 - it wasn't even a challenge to kill her. VMS took her down to 1 life but then she regenerated so that there's at least 2 or 3 other phases.

Yeah my favorite part of this build is the relaxed play style. I can just watch Youtube on my 2nd monitor or go AFK for a while without worrying my character die in a map. For phased bosses, I hope your HOAG can kill it. I have done red elder with HOAG minion only, it was quite smooth for me.
I think in the last patch something was changed... my video card suddenly has no issues anymore.... before it was really bad, now it's all fine.

Also, what's a good strategy to keep the Shaper alive during the Elder fight?
Last edited by NoBillag on Nov 21, 2018, 11:06:25 PM
"
NoBillag wrote:
I think in the last patch something was changed... my video card suddenly has no issues anymore.... before it was really bad, now it's all fine.

Also, what's a good strategy to keep the Shaper alive during the Elder fight?

In theory it's possible by body blocking all the shots for Shaper, but I haven't been able to help him survive the full duration yet. Maybe I need more practice.
Seems frostwall might be the best way to protect him. Just ignore all the quids and stuff and just focus on keeping forstwall up... I'll have to try and see.
Last edited by NoBillag on Nov 22, 2018, 4:00:08 AM
"
NoBillag wrote:
Seems frostwall might be the best way to protect him. Just ignore all the quids and stuff and just focus on keeping forstwall up... I'll have to try and see.

lol nice idea! can cwdt-frost wall too! let me know what you find~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info