[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

"
ducker77 wrote:
"
alexh1985 wrote:
"
ducker77 wrote:
Hello thanks so much for this guide I'm having lots of fun but with 1 problem. I keep dying to bosses at from t14. I can't really face tank them I always take a huge chunk of damage and cannot out regen the damage. I'm level 84 with 5.2k hp and using wither with firestorm. I assume I'm either not supposed to take so much damage or my regen should be higher. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the set up in your guide.

Your gears are fine (although total life is a bit low, but from your discription you didnt die from one shots).

You should replace ele focus in your helmet with combustion. Ele focus is more damage but prevents VMS to ignite (hence regen).

It then comes down to fight style. Does the boss do a lot of fire damage? Does the boss have crit + gain ele damage mods? Also remember to always disable RF when it's not needed - RF only buffs VMS, not HOAG.

thanks for the response! really appreciate it.

i would sometimes die from one shots but that's understandably from my low hp. It's the part that I'm not out regening when I've not been one shot that's really frustrating me. I watched your videos and you could face tank even shaper so I assume any other bosses would be a walk in the park.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm going to try it and hope it works xD

also do you have any suggestion to boost my hp. it feels really low.
ducker77:

Skill tree of this build is almost the tankiest -- it has most of the life nodes on the left half of the passive map, all that's needed is just life from your gear. End game life should be around 7k with excellent gears.

If you are on a budget, you can still get high life. The CDR boot and belt might be eating up your budget, you can replace them with decent life roll on normal ones. In this case you need 6 endurance charges (one extra) to make you perma phys immune. This could come from a corrupted boot/belt.
fix the "chill immunity" note in the first post. We are not

"
alexh1985 wrote:

Vaal Molten Shell (VMS) and Vaal Rightous Fire (VRF) are abused for boss fights. Every time you ignites and enemy your VMS will pop, dealing some 70k dmg per hit. With all the duration nodes VMS lasts 9.5 seconds. In theory you are igniting 50-100 times per second, but in reality Shaper DPS (tested with Guardian) is more like 2-3M. The lost damage is possibly due to internet tick delay or server side.

From the description of CWDT, it doesn't support Vaal Skills, so in effect only normal MS will trigger and not VMS. Doesn't this contradicts your statement?

"
AshDrag0n wrote:

From Juggernaut Ascendancy, there is chill immunity, but no freeze immunity.
Last edited by steiljeds on Nov 7, 2018, 11:30:17 PM
"
steiljeds wrote:

"
alexh1985 wrote:

Vaal Molten Shell (VMS) and Vaal Rightous Fire (VRF) are abused for boss fights. Every time you ignites and enemy your VMS will pop, dealing some 70k dmg per hit. With all the duration nodes VMS lasts 9.5 seconds. In theory you are igniting 50-100 times per second, but in reality Shaper DPS (tested with Guardian) is more like 2-3M. The lost damage is possibly due to internet tick delay or server side.

From the description of CWDT, it doesn't support Vaal Skills, so in effect only normal MS will trigger and not VMS. Doesn't this contradicts your statement?

"
AshDrag0n wrote:

From Juggernaut Ascendancy, there is chill immunity, but no freeze immunity.

CWDT helps trigger MS (VMS won't be triggered) during mapping. The optimal method would be swap CWDT with fire pen to enable VMS for boss fight. However if you prefer to use VMS for mapping you can ignore the CWDT.

Jugg's ascendancy also makes us immune to freeze, as freeze is just a status when our action speed is slowed to zero.
Thanks for quick reply.

Btw, I just tried using VRF and it made me cry. As soon as the mobs were dead (which was impressively fast), I poped dousing but the hp still drained down to 1 hp. And while at it, an unknown ranged devil sent me to my oblivion on 1 hit. How do you handle that?
Last edited by steiljeds on Nov 8, 2018, 2:49:50 AM
"
steiljeds wrote:
Thanks for quick reply.

Btw, I just tried using VRF and it made me cry. As soon as the mobs were dead (which was impressively fast), I poped dousing but the hp still drained down to 1 hp. And while at it, an unknown ranged devil sent me to my oblivion on 1 hit. How do you handle that?

Hi there, dousing (removes burning) is only in this build to stop RF not VRF. I'd only use VRF for very tanky bosses (eg guardians) for the 39% more spell damage buff, and your 30% HP removed should heal back almost instantly. For most other bosses (eg HP < 3Million) just VMS itself should melt them down.

It might be something else that drains your HP, since VRF only removes 30% of your HP, there is no degen effect attached. Did you accidentally press RF after poping your flask?

Edit: I had a look at your character, interesting choice to go for Scion...

Your VMS is underleveled. Did you keep it low to be able to trigger by Lv1 CWDT? VMS should be as high level as possible, if you want auto trigger MS you can link it to a level 20 CWDT.
Last edited by alexh1985 on Nov 8, 2018, 9:22:42 AM
"
alexh1985 wrote:
"
steiljeds wrote:
Thanks for quick reply.

Hi there, dousing (removes burning) is only in this build to stop RF not VRF. I'd only use VRF for very tanky bosses (eg guardians) for the 39% more spell damage buff, and your 30% HP removed should heal back almost instantly. For most other bosses (eg HP < 3Million) just VMS itself should melt them down.

It might be something else that drains your HP, since VRF only removes 30% of your HP, there is no degen effect attached. Did you accidentally press RF after poping your flask?

Edit: I had a look at your character, interesting choice to go for Scion...

Your VMS is underleveled. Did you keep it low to be able to trigger by Lv1 CWDT? VMS should be as high level as possible, if you want auto trigger MS you can link it to a level 20 CWDT.

I see thanks! That helm skill was not suppose to be CDWT triggered, that was my mistake. I was to much into "no keys pressed", in fact I was just walking around up to T13 unharmed but it takes me so long to kill the map boss ROFL!

Last edited by steiljeds on Nov 8, 2018, 2:02:50 PM
Thank you so much for this build. I'm struggling with lag and this build is really good for me :)
I have a questions if you check my items and response my questions, I appreciate you :)

1) I'm 68 lvl and trying to do tier 3 map. Sometimes even the mobs could kill me, maybe lack of resistances? Should I need to open more jewel socket for preventing this?

2) When I activate my 'hearld of ash', 'purity of lightning' and 'purity of ice', I'm not able to use the 'herald of agony'. My mana is not enough for reserving.

I would be very happy if I do something wrong and you recommend me other things :)
Last edited by sO8 on Nov 9, 2018, 3:52:54 AM
I'm wondering if something similar couldnt be interesting with some Lucent Fossil crafted jewels and some random skill to procc indigon ramp?

Edit: Didn't think of Zerphis :s So the more or less infinite life sustain is already there as an option for Indigon. Just the damage taken gained as mana thats lacking, and high dmg dealt to self. Still would be interesting to see a build using VMS with indigon though.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Nov 9, 2018, 5:08:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info