[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

I was pondering to cast FW yourself in the alternate weapon slot (replace purity of lightning with it as for Elder you want to have purity of ice).

But CwDT Frostwall could also work. Will try both.

Although, it might be interesting to use Al Dihi and Shield since Al Dihi make Abyssal Cry and Abyssal Cry also taunts mobs. Might be enough, haven't tried that yet.
Last edited by NoBillag on Nov 22, 2018, 8:06:07 AM
Frostwall doesn't seem a good option - at least self-cast because of MoM you're constantly out of mana. I'll have to see how it goes with cwdt but the problem is that you can't place the wall nicely then....

Maybe decoy totem is the better option. I'll continue to test.
Hey, build looks super interesting, gonna check it out in 3.5. what would u suspect is a rough estimated cost? Just a hunch would be enough. Good guide thx
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
Hey, build looks super interesting, gonna check it out in 3.5. what would u suspect is a rough estimated cost? Just a hunch would be enough. Good guide thx

Good gear is expensive, the bare minimum not so much.
"
NoBillag wrote:
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:

Hmm can u give a rough estimate? Some think expansive is 100 ex dome think 10 ex. Just to know what im getting into
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
"
NoBillag wrote:
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:

Hmm can u give a rough estimate? Some think expansive is 100 ex dome think 10 ex. Just to know what im getting into

I'd say bare minimum can be done with in 1ex. Good gear main cost:

1. 6L rat cage
2. CDR belt and boots
3. Good jewels (life res dex)
4. double skill helmet
5. Ngamahu rings x2

Everything else is dirt cheap even for end game.

Total looks like 10-20ex depend on how good you want your rares to be.
Hey, I don't understand the point of The Rat Cage. Could you explain that?

"
The Rat Cage converts 10% of that to physical damage. Therefore every time you ignite an enemy, you hit yourself with physical damage.

"
Self inflicted phys damage triggers Firestorm, BV, Ball Lightning to inflict huge instances of ignites on enemies.

why the conversion to physical? shouldn't the fire damage trigger Cwdt on it's own?
Last edited by Drizzt1990 on Nov 26, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
"

Damage counter and cooldown: Each linked spell gains an internal damage counter that tracks the total accumulated damage taken from hits, though not from damage over time or the Blood Magic passive[1] (e.g. you cannot use Righteous Fire to trigger Cast when Damage Taken).

CwDT only works when you take damage by hits.

By using The Rat's Cage, everytime you ignite an enemy, you'll also take fire damage due to the amu. Everytime you take fire damage, the Rat's Cage converts 10% to physical damage that hits you. So your counter on CwDT rises and triggers sooner again.

Although, the wiki also says:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Innocence
"

On hit effects: Take 100 Fire Damage when you Ignite an Enemy modifier can proc on-hit effects such as Juggernaut's Unflinching or Vengeance.

So, maybe Teh Rat's Cage isn't necessary?

But the secret is probably here:
"

Vaal Molten Shell: Combined with The Rat Cage, converting 10% of fire damage taken as physical, it will proc Vaal Molten Shell's effect when you ignite an enemy.

The Rat's Cage causes a lot of VMS explosions against bosses, even if they don't hit you often.
Last edited by NoBillag on Nov 27, 2018, 7:47:51 AM
any leveling advices/guides? with uniques and skill choice pls
i see your standard character is quite different from whats written in the guide. could u tell us sth about thoose changes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info